Author Topic: 'I don't take responsibility at all': Trump deflects blame for coronavirus testing fumble  (Read 6860 times)

Offline skeeter

The “I don’t take responsibility at all” line is Trump’s believing everything he does will always be great and correct

OTOH, if he takes the blame, he knows the DNC will use that to push the incompetence issue.

Perhaps he should've been more nuanced in his words given the likelihood his detractors would use them in the manner they always do, but he was being understandably combative to an obvious 'gotcha' question.

If the press were trying to hang some sort of culpability on me for the problems encountered in dealing with this virus I'd be combative, too. Hell, he was on this thing while they were still consumed with his impeachment.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 03:25:25 pm by skeeter »

Offline LMAO

Perhaps he should've been more nuanced in his words given the likelihood his detractors would use them in the manner they always do, but he was being understandably combative to an obvious 'gotcha' question.

If the press were trying to hang some sort of culpability on me for the problems encountered in dealing with this virus I'd be combative, too. Hell, he was on this thing while they were still consumed with his impeachment.

I understand all that and a lot of  that will come out as we get into the heat of the election.

It just seems that some get overly defensive when anyone is critical of the president.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline skeeter

I understand all that and a lot of  that will come out as we get into the heat of the election.

It just seems that some get overly defensive when anyone is critical of the president.

C'mon. Thats not an accurate description of what is happening here.

Offline aligncare

If the press were trying to hang some sort of culpability on me for the problems encountered combating this virus I'd be combative, too. Hell, he was on this thing while they were still consumed with his impeachment.

Exactly. Trump is not politics as usual—probably why they haven’t yet been able to get rid of him. He’s a one man Kabuki-free zone, speaking truth to media power.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
As an admirer of your clarity of writing, the complex layering of meaning in your posts, and my profound respect for your breadth of knowledge, and depth of wisdom, I want to whisper in the sincerest and most respectful way I know how,  "Bend over my dear.  I'll take my turn after."

https://twitter.com/ASlavitt/status/1238607782498242562

Andy Slavitt @ASlavitt
Features:
-2 weeks of paid sick leave
-3 months of of paid family & medical leave
-enhanced unemployment insurance
-food- strengthened SNAP, student meals, seniors’ nutrition, food banks
-a 6.2% bump in Medicaid (this is great!)

2/
6:28 PM · Mar 13, 2020

There is no way to put this lightly.  The Democrats and the President have figured out a way to continue to pander to illegal immigrants.  Who will be a very large percentage of that 30-40 billion giveaway.  When they talk about SNAP and student meals they are going to be delivering meals to homes of the students while they are out of school.  Can you imagine what that takes?  They do it here in the summers already only the families come to the schools.  We already have Food Banks.  All of this is a  whopping big welfare giveaway.

Well, actually this says they are considering walk up or drive up food service.  I had read another thing that they were going to deliver food to families.

https://www.seattletimes.com/education-lab/unprecedented-school-closures-cut-off-access-to-food-instruction-for-thousands-amid-coronavirus-concerns/

School food service for low income students during Coronavirus in California.

https://www.kqed.org/news/11806256/how-one-school-district-is-feeding-its-students-during-coronavirus-closures

So on top of WIC, and every other social program they are sucking up we have to provide meals every day.  Breakfast and lunch.  I can just imagine all the brand new cars pulling up for their free food.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 05:20:25 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

So those of us tired of reading regurgitated Lefty talking points are opposed to free speech? Grow up. Nobody is saying you "can't" speak your mind, what's being said is that you shouldn't...you will always  have the right to spew all the half truths and absurdities you like. Likewise, the rest of us on the board have every right to be sick and tired of the baloney coming from a few resident "Joy Behar mouthpieces".

Using a standard Lefty tactic, you then accuse the rest of us on the board of your own crime...claiming we "regurgitate Fox talking points". While this accusation is common from the Left, its particularly galling coming from self proclaimed conservatives who SHOULD know better. At best, you're doing an "Oh ya, well same to you and more of it"...which on reflection does seem characteristic of your discussion style. At worst, you're just advancing what you know to be a childish lie.

Disagree all you want, its clear that nearly everyone hear enjoys and respects coherent arguments and rational debate, but if all you're going to do is be the board's "Joy Behar" don't be too surprised when people think what you're saying is absurd. Every Trump supporter on this board, and the 94% of Republicans who support him, have our eyes wide open to both his strengths and flaws...and quite frankly...we get tired of dipshits who throw out the line that we're "starry eyed, Kool Aid drinking, sycophants". You know its a false narrative, even the Far Left knows its garbage, yet you and they continue to spew it...I get the Left's intellectual dishonesty, but I'll admit it sickens me far more to see self proclaimed conservatives repeat such a knowing lie.

I don't doubt you sincerely believe what you wrote.  It does not conform with the reality I observe, and I have no intention of muzzling my criticism of President Trump.  Stay healthy @Mesaclone

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

AMEN!!

Glad to see you posting, sister!   888high58888
:flag:  Thank you @musiclady
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
There is no way to put this lightly.  The Democrats and the President have figured out a way to continue to pander to illegal immigrants.  Who will be a very large percentage of that 30-40 billion giveaway.  When they talk about SNAP and student meals they are going to be delivering meals to homes of the students while they are out of school.  Can you imagine what that takes?  They do it here in the summers already only the families come to the schools.  We already have Food Banks.  All of this is a  whopping big welfare giveaway.

Well, actually this says they are considering walk up or drive up food service.  I had read another thing that they were going to deliver food to families.

https://www.seattletimes.com/education-lab/unprecedented-school-closures-cut-off-access-to-food-instruction-for-thousands-amid-coronavirus-concerns/

School food service for low income students during Coronavirus in California.

https://www.kqed.org/news/11806256/how-one-school-district-is-feeding-its-students-during-coronavirus-closures

So on top of WIC, and every other social program they are sucking up we have to provide meals every day.  Breakfast and lunch.  I can just imagine all the brand new cars pulling up for their free food.
All revenue measures originate in the House.
THe Democrats control the House.
No matter what the Republicans can get written into revenue measures, the Democrats will stuff those measures with their pet items, and howl about how the Republicans "don't care" about issues X, Y, and Z, while the republican recalcitrance is based on issues D, E and F.
Because it is a package deal, the 'Crats will get what they want, by popular demand, because there is no way to winnow that chaff from the wheat--and if they don't then it will all be either the Republicans' fault or Trumps for not signing on.

I don't have to be a fan of the POTUS to see just how snookered the whole mess is, especially with a fundamentally dishonest and partisan media acting as cheerleaders for the Left.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

No matter what the Republicans can get written into revenue measures, the Democrats will stuff those measures with their pet items, and howl about how the Republicans "don't care" about issues X, Y, and Z, while the republican recalcitrance is based on issues D, E and F.
Because it is a package deal, the 'Crats will get what they want, by popular demand, because there is no way to winnow that chaff from the wheat--and if they don't then it will all be either the Republicans' fault or Trumps for not signing on.

None of this is new.  These are the same tired plays out of the standard rat and media playbook.

I don't have to be a fan of the POTUS to see just how snookered the whole mess is, especially with a fundamentally dishonest and partisan media acting as cheerleaders for the Left.

It would probably help me.  I'm marveling at the rapidity of his decent from an already crappy approval rating.

Offline DB

POTUS could hold a press conference and tell the American people he expects a clean bill on his desk pronto. That the American people will not look favorably on those who try to profit on this crises.

Then let the Dems play chicken with that.

POTUS could hold a press conference and tell the American people he expects a clean bill on his desk pronto. That the American people will not look favorably on those who try to profit on this crises.

Then let the Dems play chicken with that.

Anyone remember how President Trump handled the last 3 bloated omnibus spending bills under threat of a government shutdown?  It might help us gauge his commitment to fiscal responsibility, and resolve in taking on the democrats.

Offline DB

Anyone remember how President Trump handled the last 3 bloated omnibus spending bills under threat of a government shutdown?  It might help us gauge his commitment to fiscal responsibility, and resolve in taking on the democrats.

Hence "could".

Offline Hoodat

So on top of WIC, and every other social program they are sucking up we have to provide meals every day.  Breakfast and lunch.

Great.  So now an infected worker can deliver the virus directly into the homes of hundreds of school kids twice daily.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Mesaclone

Great.  So now an infected worker can deliver the virus directly into the homes of hundreds of school kids twice daily.

The easiest way to start a rebellion/uprising in ancient Rome...fail to issue the bread dole and/or have poorly run games/entertainment. Augustus, a conservative's conservative...knew not to let such a thing happen. In America, nearly every sport has been canceled, so the people have already lost their games...discretion might dictate that it would be unwise to allow those dependent upon it to not receive their "bread" as well. Just sayin'.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 03:15:16 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

The easiest way to start a rebellion/uprising in ancient Rome...fail to issue the bread dole and/or have poorly run games/entertainment. Augustus, a conservative's conservative...knew not to let such a thing happen. In America, nearly every sport has been canceled, so the people have already lost their games...discretion might dictate that it would be unwise to allow those dependent upon it to not receive their "bread" as well. Just sayin'.

It's a good point.  On another note it is the Ides of March.  Caesar should have practiced social distancing.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's a good point.  On another note it is the Ides of March.  Caesar should have practiced social distancing.

Thanks for reminding me of the Ides!  Yes, Julius should have done that...especially when it came to his bestest friends.  A good lesson for an eternity.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/13/trump-coronavirus-testing-128971

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/398887965302091776

He's not a leader.

It would have been helpful to actually explain the cause of the delay instead of simply making it a 'Bash the President' opportunity.

From February:

Some of the coronavirus testing kits distributed to state labs around the US do not work properly, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Some of the kits, which also were sent to at least 30 countries, produced “inconclusive” results because of flawed components — and the CDC said it planned to send replacements to make them work.

Since late January, the agency has rushed to distribute the kits to allow states to conduct their own, faster testing rather than ship all samples to its headquarters in Atlanta.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/13/some-coronavirus-test-kits-shipped-around-us-are-flawed-cdc-claims/

Looks like the CDC was already on point in January working on a solution where tests could be analyzed locally, but missed a flaw with some of the components.  This flaw has since been corrected.  In addition, the government has suspended rules which prohibit private entities from manufacturing their own test kits for distribution.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It would have been helpful to actually explain the cause of the delay instead of simply making it a 'Bash the President' opportunity.

From February:

Looks like the CDC was already on point in January working on a solution where tests could be analyzed locally, but missed a flaw with some of the components.  This flaw has since been corrected.  In addition, the government has suspended rules which prohibit private entities from manufacturing their own test kits for distribution.

The worst thing about the flawed test kits was they were giving false negatives.  I can't think of a worse flaw for something that's supposed to protect the general public health.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Bash the President is my raison d'etre

South Korea tests 10k per day.  When will the delay end?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 04:21:51 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline Hoodat

Bash the President is my raison d'etre

I get it.  You are like that guy on Gulliver's Travels who would say, "We're all doomed.  We're never going to make it."

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Lando Lincoln

So you vote circle-jerk Pro-MAGA bubble too?  I hope someone is keeping score.

What happened to you?

I guess I must be one of those c-j P-MAGA guys because I am grateful for President Trump's leadership in a time like this.  So, put me on that side of the scorecard. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I get it.  You are like that guy on Gulliver's Travels who would say, "We're all doomed.  We're never going to make it."

Well, it does throw the Optimists into stark relief.  There's that.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

What happened to you?

I guess I must be one of those c-j P-MAGA guys because I am grateful for President Trump's leadership in a time like this.  So, put me on that side of the scorecard.

I am grateful for the President's leadership, too.  I can't imagine how bad this would be if Obama was in office, especially when one considers his response to H1N1.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-