Author Topic: Poll: Kelly opens up double-digit lead against McSally in Arizona Senate race  (Read 372 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: Kelly opens up double-digit lead against McSally in Arizona Senate race
By J. Edward Moreno - 03/13/20 05:30 PM EDT

Democratic Senate candidate Mark Kelly (D) has a 12-point lead over Sen. Martha McSally (R-Ariz.) in the Arizona Senate race, according to a Univision poll released Friday.

Kelly, a former astronaut, is challenging McSally, who lost the general election in 2018 to Sen. Krysten Sinema (D). McSally was later appointed to the Senate to succeed interim Sen. Jon Kyl (R), who filled Sen. John McCain's (R) seat following his death in 2018.

In the Univision poll, Kelly earned 48 percent support among registered voters, while McSally earned 36 percent support. Kelly polled significantly better than his opponent among Latino and black voters.

However, the Univision poll isn't the first sign of an uphill battle for McSally. A poll released earlier this week by OH Predictive Insights, a Phoenix-based polling firm, showed Kelly with 49 percent support among Arizona voters, compared with 42 percent for McSally.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/487512-poll-kelly-opens-up-double-digit-lead-against-mcsally-in-arizona-senate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@Cyber Liberty any info re this race?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty any info re this race?

From another thread:

@mystery-ak

The McSally race probably concerns me the most among the elections I monitor, mainly because it pertains directly to me, I'm a vote she needs to win.

She was never a "great" candidate, she lost a previous Senate Election to the Democrat Kyrsten Sinema.  She was the best that could be expected from a lousy Congressional District when she won Gabby Giffords old seat in Tucson.  McSally is not popular in my County, which is by far the most Republican County in the State (registration is 3:1, Rep:Dem).  This indicates a likely weakness because she's not been interested in engaging the voters here, in spite of the fact that the AZGOP Chairperson is Kelli Ward:  A former Senate opponent vanquished by McSally and a resident of Lake Havasu, which is in my County.  IMHO, she is being ill-served by her Campaign Manager by ignoring a rural County that is the home of the State Chair.

Trump has endorsed her reelection, but there is a more conservative candidate in the Primary Election, so this August vote is worth watching develop.

By the way, whoever ends up winning this seat this November is up for reelection in 2022.  This is not a full Senate term.  This entire McSally saga is what happens when you get a Senator so old and sick he can't even finish the first two years of his term.  The result of McStain's trail of destruction while clinging to power is what we're watching now.

I think Trump had better have some coattails or we're screwed.  He's interested in this race.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I don't think coattails are gonna help, even Mr. Trump's.

What did McSally fly as a pilot?
A-10's? Or something like that?

How does that stack up against an astronaut...?
(and one related to Giffords, at that...?)

Addendum:
Arizona is "the flip side" of the Alabama race, where the democrat-communist incumbent there is also almost certainly guaranteed... to lose.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 12:56:17 am by Fishrrman »