Author Topic: California governor: No large gatherings due to coronavirus  (Read 535 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

California governor: No large gatherings due to coronavirus
« on: March 12, 2020, 07:04:04 pm »
https://www.ktvu.com/news/california-governor-no-large-gatherings-due-to-coronavirus

California governor: No large gatherings due to coronavirus
By Don ThompsonPublished 4 hours agoUpdated 3 hours ago
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - California Gov. Gavin Newsom urged an end to gatherings of more than 250 people to counter the spread of new coronavirus, a move he said would cause “real stress” for many people and businesses but save lives.

Newsom said California public health officials late Wednesday issued an updated policy saying “non-essential” gatherings such as sporting events, concerts and conferences should be postponed or canceled until at least the end of March.

Smaller events can proceed only if organizers can keep people at least six feet apart to avoid transmission of the virus. The policy does not apply to school classes. Gatherings that include those at higher risk for severe illness should be limited to no more than 10 people no closer than six feet apart.
... (Newsom's) announcement on gatherings is a recommendation and not a ban like the one Washington Gov. Jay Inslee imposed on all gatherings of 250 or more in Seattle’s metro area. ...

This is voluntary, because Newsom lacks the authority to make it mandatory (unless he has the authority to declare statewide martial law). Some counties already have issued restrictions, such as Santa Clara County, where I live. Here it's no gatherings of 1000+ people. San Mateo says no "large gatherings". East Bay Regional Park District (Alameda and Contra Costa Counties) says no gatherings of 50+. I'm not sure Newsom's recommendation is necessary in Modoc County, where the deer population is probably greater than the human population, or Trinity County, where trout probably outnumber people.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Re: California governor: No large gatherings due to coronavirus
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 07:16:20 pm »
LA County airshow scheduled for 21-22 March was just cancelled...
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 07:16:41 pm »
While I can't argue with the wisdom of avoiding large crowds during an epidemic like this, I sincerely hope it remains voluntary and the government doesn't decide this will be an easy way of controlling the masses.

We already know that the flu, like hurricanes, has been forever politicized. Every republican president from here forward will be expected to keep every American illness free during election years.

This will continue until we have an honest news media.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 07:18:18 pm by skeeter »

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 10:45:25 pm »
Disney CA closing for the rest of March.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 11:18:07 pm »
While I can't argue with the wisdom of avoiding large crowds during an epidemic like this, I sincerely hope it remains voluntary and the government doesn't decide this will be an easy way of controlling the masses.

We already know that the flu, like hurricanes, has been forever politicized. Every republican president from here forward will be expected to keep every American illness free during election years.

Which will be never....... 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 02:35:08 am »
Is Newsome saying to close the churches too?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2020, 03:39:19 am »

Can't really argue a point you make... :thumbsup:

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2020, 02:21:22 pm »
Contra Costa County just went wa-a-a-a-aaaayyyyyyy beyond what Santa Clara County has done and what Governor Newsom recommended (a few days after SC County's action):

1. No gatherings over 100 people;

2. Exceptions - classrooms, hospitals, airports, dormitories, homeless camps.

* IMO, if CoCo County is going to be that exacting, classrooms and dormitories should not be exceptions. Any parent whose kids attended a classroom-based school and teachers know schools are very "buggy".

* Making homeless camps an exception is IN-freaking-SANE! Homeless camps may be the largest places with people with compromised health and immune systems in CoCo (or any) County!

* Notice who are not an exception, churches. While I doubt any church would contest this, the legality is questionable, and CoCo County is telling churches that the county believes churches are too STOOOOOOOOOPID to be trusted to comply voluntarily (Santa Clara County trusted larger churches' discretion).

Here in Santa Clara County, the following "mega-churches" and large churches (pretty much all I'm aware of) chose to suspended services and went to livestream: WestGate Church, Bethel Church, Venture (formerly Los Gatos Christian Church), Church on the Hill (formerly First Baptist Church of San Jose), the Home Church, Redemption Church (formerly Jubilee Christian Center), Gateway City Church, Family Community Church, and Calvary Church Los Gatos. Cathedral of Faith modified how they meet, spreading people about their campus during services so that the number in any one room is 250 or fewer.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 05:05:15 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.