Author Topic: What will Biden look for in a running mate?  (Read 476 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What will Biden look for in a running mate?
« on: March 12, 2020, 05:04:26 pm »
What will Biden look for in a running mate?
by Naomi Lim
 | March 12, 2020 12:51 PM

Joe Biden knows something about the vice presidential selection and vetting process. He went through it himself 12 years ago when Barack Obama tapped the 36-year Delaware senator as his understudy.

Now, after the pair served together in the White House for eight years, Biden is the one doing the choosing for vice president. He hasn't yet clinched the nomination against Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, who is staying in the race despite a poor showing in this week's primary elections. But facing the likelihood of strong Biden finishes in next week's round of voting in megastates Arizona, Florida, Illinois, and Ohio, Biden can turn his attention to finding a running mate.

For Prime Policy Group's Charlie Black, a top aide to former Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush, as well as Arizona Sen. John McCain during his 2008 White House bid, his best advice to Biden was to select somebody "you know you can work with."

Downplaying the importance of geographical balance in modern politics, Biden, 77, may need to pick someone for philosophical balance "to make the Sanders supporters happy," according to Black.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/what-will-biden-look-for-in-a-running-mate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: What will Biden look for in a running mate?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 12:46:34 am »
I'm wondering if ol' white Joe is really gonna get to be the one making that choice...?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 07:06:29 am »
It doesn't matter.  Realistically, it wouldn't change my vote unless it was insane.  Like Palin after 4 interviews.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 10:50:57 am »
A twelve-year-old girl with an agenda.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 11:05:08 am »
A twelve-year-old girl with an agenda.

Beat me to it Fred.  Except I think Joes's demographic of choice is 8-10 year olds. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 11:15:01 am »
I don’t know but it really is a sure bet he’ll pick someone in their 40s or 50s.

Perhaps Booker or Klobuchar?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2020, 11:24:08 am »
Beat me to it Fred.  Except I think Joes's demographic of choice is 8-10 year olds.

That would definitely give him a lock on the moslem vote.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley