Author Topic: Texas Coronavirus Updates  (Read 40542 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Texas Coronavirus Updates
« Reply #275 on: July 02, 2020, 10:14:14 pm »
My two cents (and I'm not a Texan) -- I wish our governor would mandate masks -- too many youngsters and others who feel that it's not going to affect them -- they could be asymptomatic and pass it on to others. Too many illegals not social distancing nor practicing basic hygiene. FL experienced an increase today of over 10,000 new cases.  An 11 year old died of corona today -- no record of contact with anyone having the virus and hadn't been outside the state. Last week a 17 year old died of corona.

I believe this is a different strain then before and that's why the increase of cases and it's affecting kids too.  Time that we all try to do what we can to contain the spread.

Whether or not the masks work is very debatable, but if they do help, then great, no harm done.

Would agree if the mandate was in businesses, establishments, or in gatherings.  It's the old sweeping and imcompassive "in public" aspect that is giving me heartburn.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #276 on: July 05, 2020, 01:54:55 pm »
https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03/02/coronavirus-texas-cases-latest-updates-san-antonio/

As of July 4, Texas says 191,790 people test positive for coronavirus

The Texas Department of State Health Services is tracking COVID-19 cases in Texas by county. The numbers are reported by local health officials and may not represent all cases of the disease given limited testing. The state numbers may lag behind other local news reports and cases that local health officials are disclosing.

State data released the morning of July 4 shows that there were at least 191,790 coronavirus cases in Texas. There were 2,608 reported deaths and 7,890 patients are known to be hospitalized.

As of July 3, at least 2,071,809 viral tests and 201,782 antibody tests have been administered.

County      Number     Deaths
          of cases   

Harris     35,316       395
Dallas     23,675       393
Bexar      14,212       117
Tarrant    13,423       233
Travis     11,009       134
El Paso     6,953       135
Hidalgo     4,798        58
Fort Bend   4,120        56
Galveston   3,990        46
Collin      3,321        46

Statewide 191,790     2,608

See all (246) at link.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #277 on: July 07, 2020, 06:58:22 pm »
Claiming confusion, Texas Medical Center changes how it reports ICU capacity amid COVID-19

Houston Chronicle by  Mike Morris and Zach Despart June 29, 2020

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Houston-hospitals-hit-100-base-ICU-capacity-15372256.php

Texas Medical Center hospitals stopped updating key metrics showing the stress rising numbers of COVID-19 patients were placing on their facilities for more than three days, rattling policymakers and residents who have relied on the information to gauge the spread of the coronavirus.

Houston Methodist CEO Dr. Marc Boom stressed that the new data was not reinvented — all the figures and projection models are the same — but was simply reformatted in an effort to make clear that reaching 100 percent of capacity in an ICU is a moving target. TMC hospitals have a combined 373 beds, for instance, that can become ICU beds with a “challenging” but “doable” amount of effort, Boom said, with the reassignment of trained staff and equipment.

Doing so would take the TMC facilities’ combined 93 percent ICU capacity as of the Sunday report down to 72 percent, the chart shows.

Boom said he and his peers knew as the pandemic wore on that the measurement of ICU capacity the slides displayed was imperfect and did not convey the way they are run, but did not revisit the charts as quickly as they should have.

More at link.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #278 on: July 07, 2020, 07:16:47 pm »
Enough Houston Coronavirus Hysteria

Lawrence Person's BattleSwarm Blog 7/7/2020

https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=44913

The media, desperate to reimpose lockdowns to hurt the economy (and thus the economy and Trump’s popularity), has made a great deal of hay over Houston hospitals being near their ICU capacity.

Those breathless reports of 90+% ICU rates ignore the fact that such utilization rates are entirely normal:

“What you’ve been hearing is a report that we are at 97 percent or so capacity across the Texas medical center. At Houston Methodist, we’re somewhere in the low 90s right now in terms of capacity of ICU beds, but let me put that in perspective … June 25 2019, exactly one year ago … It was at 95 percent. We are highly experienced at utilizing our ICU beds for the sickest of the sick patients day in day out … and it is completely normal for us to have ICU capacities that run in the 80s and 90s. That’s how all of us operate hospitals, and how all hospitals operate.”

“The capacity that’s being reported is base capacity … we have the ability to go far higher than that in terms of the ICU beds that we can utilize for COVID.”

“We have, across Houston Methodist, 24 hundred beds 330 or so of those are our ICU beds on a normal day, but there is an ability to flex beds back and forth. We can turn regular beds into ICU as we need to with appropriate staff, ventilators, and other equipment. We can turn many other areas in the hospital like some of the recovery areas, pre and post surgical areas, and places like that into ICUs.”

More at link.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #279 on: July 07, 2020, 07:18:30 pm »
bm

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #280 on: July 07, 2020, 07:28:40 pm »
Enough Houston Coronavirus Hysteria

I didn't crunch the numbers exact. but it looks like about a 200% increase in COVID-19 used beds in the past month.  You don't think another 200% surge would tax the capacity? 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #281 on: July 07, 2020, 08:00:31 pm »
I didn't crunch the numbers exact. but it looks like about a 200% increase in COVID-19 used beds in the past month.  You don't think another 200% surge would tax the capacity?

From what I have read, the hospitals are charging nearly $1 million per patient... they have enough money to pay for expansion

Online roamer_1

« Reply #282 on: July 07, 2020, 08:02:57 pm »
From what I have read, the hospitals are charging nearly $1 million per patient... they have enough money to pay for expansion

Doesn't even matter. I am absolutely sure the Feds will throw money at it.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #283 on: July 07, 2020, 08:08:29 pm »

Insurance companies are footing the bill for the most part.  Expect private insurance premiums to skyrocket.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #284 on: July 07, 2020, 08:58:14 pm »
I get tested each time before beginning a 21-day hitch.  If I get infected during that hitch, it becomes a workman's comp claim as far as I am concerned.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline berdie

« Reply #285 on: July 07, 2020, 10:33:11 pm »
Insurance companies are footing the bill for the most part.  Expect private insurance premiums to skyrocket.

Exactly.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #286 on: July 09, 2020, 10:50:04 pm »
https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03/02/coronavirus-texas-cases-latest-updates-san-antonio/

As of July 9, Texas says 230,346 people test positive for coronavirus

The Texas Department of State Health Services is tracking COVID-19 cases in Texas by county. The numbers are reported by local health officials and may not represent all cases of the disease given limited testing. The state numbers may lag behind other local news reports and cases that local health officials are disclosing.

State data released the morning of July 9 shows that there were at least 230,346 coronavirus cases in Texas. There were 2,918 reported deaths and 9,689 patients are known to be hospitalized. As of July 8, at least 2,313,212 viral tests and 213,728 antibody tests have been administered.

County      Number     Deaths
          of cases   

Harris     40,012       411
Dallas     29,160       426
Bexar      16,725       146
Tarrant    16,180       254
Travis     13,161       159
El Paso     8,385       145
Hidalgo     5,782        90
Galveston   5,063        50
Nueces      4,917        35
Fort Bend   4,413        60

Statewide 230,346     2,918

See all (246) at link.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #287 on: July 15, 2020, 03:14:31 pm »
Texas Coronavirus Update: Recoveries Continue to Soar

Texas Scorecard by  Robert Montoya July 14, 2020

https://texasscorecard.com/state/texas-coronavirus-update-recoveries-continue-to-soar/

There are 132,638 estimated recoveries compared to 3,192 deaths among Texas’ 29 million residents.

The latest data from Texas’ urban counties, as well as statewide data, show recoveries have jumped higher and are still outpacing deaths from the Chinese coronavirus, with a 31 percent jump in estimated recoveries statewide from last week. Out of Texas’ population of over 29 million, 3,192 have tragically died from the virus.

Tarrant County’s updated total reported recoveries from the virus increased to 8,735—up a whopping 41 percent from last week’s total. Deaths increased from last week’s report of 238 to 272—14 percent higher.

This pattern of high recoveries and low deaths continue to be mirrored in other counties across the state as of Monday.

•   Bexar County reported totals of 6,182 recoveries and 184 deaths.

•   Collin County reported 3,613 recoveries and 56 deaths.

•   Denton County reported 1,602 recoveries and 40 deaths.

•   Harris County reported 14,158 recoveries and 458 deaths.

•   Travis County reported 11,268 estimated recoveries and 169 deaths.

Data from Bexar, Denton, Tarrant, and Travis counties continue to confirm Tarrant County Public Health Director Dr. Vinny Taneja’s report that those over 65 and those with underlying conditions are at “high risk.”

Dallas County reported 457 deaths Monday out of 34,914 reported cases—roughly 76 times more reported cases than deaths. Dallas County doesn’t track recoveries or have an online dashboard to provide regular updates.

Statewide, there are an estimated 132,638 recoveries from the virus, compared with 3,192 deaths.

More at link.

Online corbe

« Reply #288 on: July 18, 2020, 03:12:54 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #289 on: July 18, 2020, 03:23:27 pm »
Concur, @corbe. Especially the stat showing how many ICU beds are used by Covid patients out of the number available.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #290 on: July 18, 2020, 03:42:36 pm »
Concur, @corbe. Especially the stat showing how many ICU beds are used by Covid patients out of the number available.

Yep, looking more and more like just a bad bad flu epidemic every day.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #291 on: July 18, 2020, 05:30:28 pm »
Yep, looking more and more like just a bad bad flu epidemic every day.

Were it not an election year, it would be.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #292 on: July 18, 2020, 06:08:53 pm »
   On a positive note, all those GM Ventilators are apparently holding up, unlike their cars.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #293 on: July 18, 2020, 06:15:34 pm »
   On a positive note, all those GM Ventilators are apparently holding up, unlike their cars.

Corbe made a funny.  Well done.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #294 on: July 18, 2020, 06:46:10 pm »

You should know at mi casa I have a 56 3/4 ton, a 98 K1500, an 05 3/4 ton, a 95 vette, all GM, and a GM 350 engine in my 53 Willys and they're all holding up fine.

Online corbe

« Reply #295 on: July 18, 2020, 06:59:34 pm »

Dodge Man here, for the last 30 years.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #296 on: July 18, 2020, 07:40:38 pm »

Dodge Man here, for the last 30 years.

Never owned one and only worked on one once.  My sister had a 70's vintage Dodge pickup. She called me one Friday that her truck stopped going. It would go woodn woodn, but no moovee. I made my way from Clear lake over to Westheimer and found her. Her driveshaft had dropped from the front. Lucky she didn't pole vault. It looked like her front U joint had been bad long enough to destroy the yoke. I knew it wasn't anything I could get from the auto parts, but went to the first one I found. They said no gotta but suggested I go to a repair shop close by. Found it, the drive in doors were open, but I didn't see anyone. Then I saw a pair of legs under a car. I showed the mechanic the driveshaft and he said to look in a pointed out corner of the shop. Sure nuff there was a driveshaft that used the same slip yoke. Sold the whole shaft to me for $25. He never did get out from under that car. In no time at all I had my sis back on the road. Now way in hell would I have been so lucky if it happened to me.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #297 on: July 18, 2020, 08:03:38 pm »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #298 on: July 18, 2020, 09:00:04 pm »
I use this as a source to see what is going on in my county and surrounding counties wrt general and icu bed usage and availability. Unfortunately it only covers three hospital regions and not the whole state.

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYjU5MzU4NjAtZWJjMC00MTllLTkwYjYtMzE4ODY1YjAyMGU2IiwidCI6ImI3MjgwODdjLTgwZTgtNGQzMS04YjZmLTdlMGUzYmUxMGUwOCIsImMiOjN9

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #299 on: July 18, 2020, 10:12:05 pm »
You should know at mi casa I have a 56 3/4 ton, a 98 K1500, an 05 3/4 ton, a 95 vette, all GM, and a GM 350 engine in my 53 Willys and they're all holding up fine.
86 Astro, 97 Safari, 97 Suburban, 98 Tahoe, 99 Suburban, 2000 Express 1-ton, and a 327 in my FJ-40.
Right now one Suburban is down over axle bearings, the FJ-40 is in need of some restoration, and there's a 75 G-10 that could use going through. The rest are on the pavement.

Oh, and there is the 87 Dodge D 150 with a slant 6 I use for a utility pickup.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis