Author Topic: Texas Coronavirus Updates  (Read 40554 times)

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: Texas Coronavirus Updates
« Reply #325 on: December 09, 2020, 06:02:17 pm »
Floyd Landry, or “Dawg” as he is more commonly known is infamous in the restaurant industry and has opened, operated, and sold more restaurants than most people have experienced. From Golden Gloves to Kitchen Gloves all his efforts are a hole in one, especially his efforts in pairing with business partner Bret Floyd. Bret has been part of the Houston scene his entire life. Growing up Bret watched his father, Don Floyd #75, go All Pro each year he played for the Houston Oilers. Outside his restaurants Bret’s passion lies with the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo, a staple for any Houstonian, his contributions are endless and his support of local heritage is inspiring.

All Floyds Cajun Seafood Locations are extensions of their creators which paint a detailed image of the character, quality, and integrity of the Cajun seafood we so proudly serve. It all goes back to this, THE reason we are here boils down to one thing….crawfish.

https://www.floydsseafood.com/about/

Did you mean a different Floyds than these:

https://www.floydsseafood.com/locations/

Burger Libre is the burger place. Russell Ybarra owns
I had thought I had heard from someone that he owned Floyd's but as you point out, turns out I am wrong about that..

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #326 on: December 09, 2020, 06:35:05 pm »
Way back when we used to live in Pearland, we had a Gringos.  Same company?  They were good, and had the best Tomatilla salsa ever.
Some of the best enchiladas I have ever eaten, and their queso is too.

They are expanded well outside Pearland where I first ate +30 years ago.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline thackney

« Reply #327 on: December 09, 2020, 06:59:51 pm »
Burger Libre is the burger place. Russell Ybarra owns
I had thought I had heard from someone that he owned Floyd's but as you point out, turns out I am wrong about that..

Back when Floyd Landry had Floyds in the Montrose in the 90's, I used to eat there.  Due to some past problems he could not get a liquor license.  But if you asked, he would give you a Dixie Beer, just one.  Said the food needed it.

I had been trying any restaurant with "Floyd" in the name in the hopes of finding him again since.  The Sugar Land one was where I first found this version of his cooking.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #328 on: December 19, 2020, 02:29:25 pm »
Texas hospital appears to give worker fake COVID-19 vaccine shot
By Elizabeth Elizalde
December 19, 2020 | 3:38am | Updated
A Texas hospital is under fire after eagle-eyed viewers claimed the COVID vaccine healthcare workers received on TV appeared to be fake.

Camera crews were invited to the University Medical Center of El Paso to capture five of its front-line workers get the coveted coronavirus vaccine on Tuesday.

Videos on social media showing paramedic Ricardo Martinez getting the supposed shot raised concerns among skeptical viewers who noticed that the syringe was already pushed down.

“Clearly that syringe was EMPTY and the plunger was already down. Where’s the bandaid? Yeah, nice try! We are not fooled!” Facebook user Barbara Siira wrote.  ...
NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org