Author Topic: Kelly leads McSally by 7 points in Arizona Senate poll  (Read 432 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Kelly leads McSally by 7 points in Arizona Senate poll
« on: March 11, 2020, 07:35:46 pm »
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/486968-kelly-leads-mcsally-by-7-points-in-arizona-senate-poll

Retired astronaut Mark Kelly (D) leads Sen. Martha McSally (R) in the race for an Arizona seat in the United States Senate, according to a new poll.

The poll conducted by OH Predictive Insights, a Phoenix-based polling firm, shows Kelly scoring 49 percent of the vote among Arizona voters, compared with 42 percent for McSally.

Kelly led McSally by a narrower margin, 47 to 44 percent, in the firm's December poll.
Through the end of 2019, Kelly had raised more than $20 million and had $13 million in the bank.

McSally had raised $12 million, a figure that would have been more impressive if she were running against any other Democrat in the country. She ended the year with $7.6 million on hand.

More at link.

If only someone had warned us that Trump would cost us the House AND the Senate... :pondering:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Kelly leads McSally by 7 points in Arizona Senate poll
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 07:42:47 pm »
@Cyber Liberty Looks like Az is gonna go blue...what have you heard?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 07:50:16 pm »

Lots of new California residence that apparently didn't learn much from the experience in California...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 08:50:07 pm »

@mystery-ak

The McSally race probably concerns me the most among the elections I monitor, mainly because it pertains directly to me, I'm a vote she needs to win.

She was never a "great" candidate, she lost a previous Senate Election to the Democrat Kyrsten Sinema.  She was the best that could be expected from a lousy Congressional District when she won Gabby Giffords old seat in Tucson.  McSally is not popular in my County, which is by far the most Republican County in the State (registration is 3:1, Rep:Dem).  This indicates a likely weakness because she's not been interested in engaging the voters here, in spite of the fact that the AZGOP Chairperson is Kelli Ward:  A former Senate opponent vanquished by McSally and a resident of Lake Havasu, which is in my County.  IMHO, she is being ill-served by her Campaign Manager by ignoring a rural County that is the home of the State Chair.

Trump has endorsed her reelection, but there is a more conservative candidate in the Primary Election, so this August vote is worth watching develop.

By the way, whoever ends up winning this seat this November is up for reelection in 2022.  This is not a full Senate term.  This entire McSally saga is what happens when you get a Senator so old and sick he can't even finish the first two years of his term.  The result of McStain's trail of destruction while clinging to power is what we're watching now.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: