Author Topic: Trump endorses Jeff Sessions Republican rival in Alabama runoff election  (Read 1002 times)

Offline corbe

Trump endorses Jeff Sessions Republican rival in Alabama runoff election

by Caitlin Yilek

March 10, 2020 10:24 PM

Jeff Sessions couldn’t regain the support of President Trump.

The president endorsed his former attorney general’s Republican opponent, Tommy Tuberville, as the two compete in a runoff election in the Republican Senate primary in Alabama.

“He is a REAL LEADER who will never let MAGA/KAG, or our Country, down!” Trump tweeted Tuesday about the former Auburn football coach. “Coach Tommy Tuberville, a winner, has my Complete and Total Endorsement.”

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-endorses-jeff-sessions-republican-rival-in-alabama-runoff-election
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

New poll shows Tuberville leading Sessions in Alabama U.S. Senate race

MONTGOMERY, Ala. – A new poll shows former Auburn football coach Tommy Tuberville with a double-digit lead over former U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions in the Republican runoff for U.S. Senate.

A survey conducted by Cygnal showed that if the March 31 runoff election were held today, 51.5% of voters would choose Tuberville, while 39.5% would choose Sessions. Nine percent of voters remained undecided.

The survey of 645 likely Republican runoff voters was conducted March 6-8 using Cygnal’s “probabilistic mixed-mode” method that utilizes text and interactive voice response to reflect how voters now communicate. It has a margin for error of +/-3.86%.

https://www.wbrc.com/2020/03/10/new-poll-shows-tuberville-leading-sessions-alabama-us-senate-race/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

New poll shows Tuberville leading Sessions in Alabama U.S. Senate race

MONTGOMERY, Ala. – A new poll shows former Auburn football coach Tommy Tuberville with a double-digit lead over former U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions in the Republican runoff for U.S. Senate.

A survey conducted by Cygnal showed that if the March 31 runoff election were held today, 51.5% of voters would choose Tuberville, while 39.5% would choose Sessions. Nine percent of voters remained undecided.

The survey of 645 likely Republican runoff voters was conducted March 6-8 using Cygnal’s “probabilistic mixed-mode” method that utilizes text and interactive voice response to reflect how voters now communicate. It has a margin for error of +/-3.86%.

https://www.wbrc.com/2020/03/10/new-poll-shows-tuberville-leading-sessions-alabama-us-senate-race/

Perhaps Session's political career is just about to end.  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I feel a bit bad for Sessions.  I feel he was likely over his head, as AG. Peter Principle.

In retrospect, most of us know he got swept upp in a hoax, the Russia-Russia fake collusion.

An attempted Coup d' Etat by the permanent administrative agencies.

Russia-Russia (FBI, DOJ, CIA)

Ukraine-Ukraine (NSC, State Dept)

Impeachment-Impeachment (House Intelligence Comm. House Juciciary Comm.)

Covid-19 Virus-scare (Media,Media) Meanwhile experts rate the Trump Admin response as excellent; CA-dem Gov. praises Trump

What comes next? Messed up markets, oil price wars?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I wouldn't vote for Sessions for Dog Catcher.

Knowing that he would suddenly develop and allergy to canines
recuse himself from catching any actual animals
but he would still try to deport all the Chihuahuas,
and then he would go on vacation in the Bahamas (health reasons) for years until his term is finished.
Then he would resign, like any true (raised in government) government through and through person would do, with
a huge multimillion dollar pension just waiting for him. Of course he would do that.

Then file a lawsuit for PTSD. Them dogs was mean, I tell ya! I've got some War Stories to tell you about them dogs,
which I had to think about every day I was in the Bahamas!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 07:52:39 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
There were two real conservatives in the lead-up to this... Neither could muster over 10% combined... Now I don't have a dog in this race. Another "write-in" election blues song in the making. Don't mind me.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline roamer_1

There were two real conservatives in the lead-up to this... Neither could muster over 10% combined... Now I don't have a dog in this race. Another "write-in" election blues song in the making. Don't mind me.

Don't feel like you're lonely friend. If you weren't all the way down there, we could sit on the porch and commiserate.  :beer: :seeya:

Offline Sighlass

Don't feel like you're lonely friend. If you weren't all the way down there, we could sit on the porch and commiserate.  :beer: :seeya:

:thumbsup:

*girl beer*
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Jeff Sessions is not 'running' for any Government Post
It is just Jeff Sessions saying openly, "I's want's mor goBerment money!"
He doesn't give a damn about the State
He spend most of his time in the Bahamas Living LARGE!
He is saying to all his supporters, 'Vote for My next Vacation!'
And they are so stupid to fall for it.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 09:40:16 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I can remember in the not too distant past, when Sessions was considered a top tier conservative stalwart.

And now the orange faction has him painted as the devil incarnate.  I just don't buy that.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sighlass

Jeff Sessions is not 'running' for any Government Post
It is just Jeff Sessions saying openly, "I's want's mor goBerment money!"
He doesn't give a damn about the State
He spend most of his time in the Bahamas Living LARGE!
He is saying to all his supporters, 'Vote for My next Vacation!'
And they are so stupid to fall for it.

And Tommy Tubberville lived in Florida until a few months before deciding to run for the Senate job.

What bugged me is both Tommy and Jeff forgo all the debates in state, thus not giving the public that votes a chance to ask them questions.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 11:40:33 am by Sighlass »

Offline corbe

The Way It Is ~ Bruce Hornsby

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Like the proverbial moth, He got to close to the flame
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Who was the other one?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I can remember in the not too distant past, when Sessions was considered a top tier conservative stalwart.

And now the orange faction has him painted as the devil incarnate.  I just don't buy that.
He sold out to that same orange faction. Remember that.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Roy Moore was a fascist who wrapped his dictatorial style in Christianity and refused to defend himself from a left-wing smear machine, thus ensuring Obamacare stayed in place. He's no conservative.

Offline roamer_1

Roy Moore was a fascist who wrapped his dictatorial style in Christianity and refused to defend himself from a left-wing smear machine, thus ensuring Obamacare stayed in place. He's no conservative.

Nonsense.

Offline Night Hides Not

Not a fan of Jeff, but the poor guy learned for himself that Trump's style of leadership does not include "loyalty".

Jeff took his chances in being among the first to support Trump, and got the AG's job for his efforts. I wish him well in retirement, he's no longer of use politically.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Idiot

I feel a bit bad for Sessions.  I feel he was likely over his head, as AG. Peter Principle.

In retrospect, most of us know he got swept upp in a hoax, the Russia-Russia fake collusion.

An attempted Coup d' Etat by the permanent administrative agencies.

Russia-Russia (FBI, DOJ, CIA)

Ukraine-Ukraine (NSC, State Dept)

Impeachment-Impeachment (House Intelligence Comm. House Juciciary Comm.)

Covid-19 Virus-scare (Media,Media) Meanwhile experts rate the Trump Admin response as excellent; CA-dem Gov. praises Trump

What comes next? Messed up markets, oil price wars?
Agree...Sessions was in way over his head.  He's probably not a bad guy.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1237557409943416834

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
Tommy Tuberville (@TTuberville ) is running for the U.S. Senate from the Great State of Alabama. Tommy was a terrific head football coach at Auburn University. He is a REAL LEADER who will never let MAGA/KAG, or our Country, down! Tommy will protect your Second Amendment....
8:54 PM · Mar 10, 2020

Replying to @realDonaldTrump

....(which is under siege), is strong on Crime and the Border, and truly LOVES our Military and our Vets. He will be a great Senator for the people of Alabama. Coach Tommy Tuberville, a winner, has my Complete and Total Endorsement. I love Alabama!

Sessions should be thanking President Trump, it saves him the trouble of rejecting Trump's endorsement.  The Trump brand ain't what it used to be.  Trump's last two endorsements were rejected by AL voters.   ETTD

Offline Hoodat

And Tommy Tubberville lived in Florida until a few months before deciding to run for the Senate job.

And don't forget that Tuberville violated the 11th Commandment back in 2003 by losing to USC.

Thou shall not get thy butts whipped on national TV to a bunch of California pretty boys.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-