Author Topic: McDonald’s debuts Double Big Mac with four beef patties  (Read 782 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Published 32 mins ago
McDonald’s debuts Double Big Mac with four beef patties

By Alexandra Deabler | Fox News

Big Mac not big enough for you? Don’t worry – now you can have it doubled!

Now, you might be thinking, “What took McDonald’s so long to create a quadruple-burger option for its famous Big Mac?” Well, we don’t have that answer. But! We do know that as of Wednesday, for a limited time, a four-burger-stacked Big Mac will be available nationwide.

The Double Big Mac comes just as you’d expect, with special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions — and not two, but four beef patties.

The beef-heavy burger was created to give fans “new ways to enjoy the burger they love,” Linda VanGosen, vice president of menu innovation, said in a press release.

If you love that Big Mac taste but even two patties is too much for you, don’t worry. As part of the “new ways” mentioned above, McDonald’s is also rolling out a "Little Mac," featuring a single patty (yes, like a typical burger), but with Special Sauce and classic Big Mac toppings, so, cheese, lettuce, onions and pickles.

The choose-your-size Big Mac collection will hit restaurants for a limited time starting March 11.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/double-big-mac-mcdonalds-debuts

« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 08:31:04 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

Re: McDonald’s debuts Double Big Mac with four beef patties
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 08:15:25 pm »
They are missin the boat if they don't call that the 'Mac Daddy'.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 08:30:17 pm »
They are missin the boat if they don't call that the 'Mac Daddy'.

I was thinking more like "Mac-cardial Infarction".
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 08:33:13 pm »

You know I gotta try it.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 08:34:37 pm »
You know I gotta try it.

You'll have to report back afterwards.

I'm more excited about the single Mac.  You gotta love the Mac sauce, even if you don't want a huge burger.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2020, 08:38:18 pm »
Hmmm. I think that would be the daily calories allowed.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline berdie

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2020, 08:45:38 pm »
I love me some Mickey D's. It's a once a year treat. But I'm not sure I want 4 of the beef patties. The sauce is what makes it good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2020, 08:50:15 pm »
You'll have to report back afterwards.

I'm more excited about the single Mac.  You gotta love the Mac sauce, even if you don't want a huge burger.

I ain't been to Mickey D's in months, and the time before that a year or more...

I make em at home now, since I got the Special Sauce recipe off the innerwebs...
2 1/4 lb Angus patties... beef tallow in the deep fryer.. A whole heckuva lot more greens, maters, and pickles... and Chewy gets a bun-top... mobedda all the way around.

I still ain't done it up with skinny fries though... my freezer fries are normally crinkle cut. So there's that. :shrug:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2020, 08:52:06 pm »
Usually when any company comes out with a 'King Size' version or a two for one version, it is a deliberate distraction because they have reduced the size of the regular version. I would bet that if one weighs the burger in the Double or regular Big Mac, it will weigh much less than it did a year ago, and likely will be two thirds of what it weighed five years ago.

Same with a Whopper. A Whopper today is only a shadow of what it was in the 80s/90s.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 08:53:58 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2020, 08:56:32 pm »
Usually when any company comes out with a 'King Size' version or a two for one version, it is a deliberate distraction because they have reduced the size of the regular version. I would bet that if one weighs the burger in the Double or regular Big Mac, it will weigh much less than it did a year ago, and likely will be two thirds of what it weighed five years ago.

Same with a Whopper. A Whopper today is only a shadow of what it was in the 80s/90s.

That's right. I remember when I had to jack my jaw around a Big Mac, and a Double Whopper could hardly be held in two hands.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2020, 08:57:24 pm »
One thing about McDonalds. They have the best sweet tea of em all.

Offline Millee

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2020, 09:00:00 pm »
Releasing that during a TP shortage????   :thud:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2020, 09:15:14 pm »
That's right. I remember when I had to jack my jaw around a Big Mac, and a Double Whopper could hardly be held in two hands.
That's the point. If the patties are only as round as an average coffee cup and a quarter inch thick infused with meal and sawdust, they could give you a Double-Double Big Mac, and maybe it will make a meal. That's another reason to do this so called Double thing. A regular Big Mac today is what a 'child's meal' was a in the early 2000s. People were either leaving McDonald's hungry, or they are eating again an hour later. There is nothing there, except the name and the nostalgia.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2020, 09:23:19 pm »
That's the point. If the patties are only as round as an average coffee cup and a quarter inch thick infused with meal and sawdust, they could give you a Double-Double Big Mac, and maybe it will make a meal. That's another reason to do this so called Double thing. A regular Big Mac today is what a 'child's meal' was a in the early 2000s. People were either leaving McDonald's hungry, or they are eating again an hour later. There is nothing there, except the name and the nostalgia.

That's pretty true. I always throw on a couple regular hamburgers (another distinct nostalgic taste) to go with a Big Mac or QP/Cheese . And really, it is their lowly hamburger that I remember from my yoot.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2020, 11:21:11 pm »
You know I gotta try it.
Yeah, they one-upped the triple....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2020, 12:04:35 am »

Pretty much. 888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2020, 12:06:35 am »
Releasing that during a TP shortage????   :thud:

:silly:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2020, 12:13:09 am »

Sometimes, but the Big Mac of today is the same as the Big Mac I was selling in the 70's which was the same size as it started in 67. My biggest gripe with McDonald's is the same I have with Carls and Burger King, though I very rarely eat at any of them any more, the food is not hot! They all pre cook and stage in warmers for assembly as ordered and so the food is not only significantly lower than it used to be but the flavor is not anywhere near what it used to be when it was actually made hot.