Author Topic: Sanders: I Don’t Regret Castro Comments, China Has Reduced Extreme Poverty  (Read 540 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Ian Hanchett 9 Mar 2020

During a town hall on the Fox News Channel on Monday, 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) said that he doesn’t regret his comments about Fidel Castro and stated that China has reduced extreme poverty, but saying that doesn’t mean he approves of China’s government.

Moderator Bret Baier asked, “Do you regret at all saying what you said, at that time, in this race?”

Sanders responded, “No. Look, I have spent my entire life fighting for working people and fighting for democracy. And, Bret, if you check my record, I have condemned authoritarianism, whether it is in the Soviet Union, whether it’s in Cuba, whether it is in Saudi Arabia. … Whether it’s the United Arab Emirates, wherever it may be. I happen to be old-fashioned, and I believe in democracy. So, if you look at a country like China, for example, today, is China a democracy? Of course it’s not a democracy. It is an authoritarian country. And Xi is taking it in a bad direction. But what can we say about China in the last 50 years? Would anybody in their right mind deny that extreme poverty in China has been reduced? Can anyone deny that? Of course not. Does that mean we approve of the Chinese government? No, it doesn’t.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/03/09/sanders-i-dont-regret-castro-comments-china-has-reduced-extreme-poverty/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Night Hides Not

Hey Bernie, Mussolini made the trains run on time, too.

Damn, he takes a more nuanced view of totalitarian governments than he does with Republicans.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So who's going to tell Bern China was a Third-World Shithole until they loosened up their controls on Capitalism, and Cuba remains a TWS?  Bad examples, Bern.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

The degree of The Bern's willful ignorance or deception amazes me. 888mouth
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Bernie is self-disqualifying himself.
Even if he deluded enough to actually believe this nonsensical drivel, he must know this is costing him millions of votes.
If he doesn't know, then that in some ways is worse.
I'll bet his advisors are giving up on him. He will not listen to good advice and he seems determined to lose.
Every Communist in history has known, 'You have to lie until you have power."
Bernie didn't get the memo.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Bernie is repulsive with his constant finger-pointing. I wonder if old slow quid pro Joe will bite Sanders' finger in the debate?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline andy58-in-nh

The United States has vastly reduced extreme poverty, too. But we did it without mass executions.   
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Hey Bernie...

Here is one citizen who says.....   "Tanks alot"

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Bernie is repulsive with his constant finger-pointing. I wonder if old slow quid pro Joe will bite Sanders' finger in the debate?

Sloe Joe only bullies unimportant proletarian citizens, not other Senators.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mortarman

Yeah, killing off 100,000,000 of your poor definitely will impact the poverty level in a country. Bernie would have to kill off 25,000,000 Americans to equal that performance. No wonder he wants to revisit the Wannsee Conference.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
' I Don’t Regret Castro Comments, China Has Reduced Extreme Poverty'

by practicing and propagating the very extreme predatory crony capitalism that you and all your comrades have denounced the last 100 years.
The Republic is lost.