Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 64662 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #1825 on: May 24, 2020, 01:46:51 pm »
Did Japan Just Beat the Virus Without Lockdowns or Mass Testing?

No restrictions were placed on residents’ movements, and businesses from restaurants to hairdressers stayed open. No high-tech apps that tracked people’s movements were deployed. The country doesn’t have a center for disease control. And even as nations were exhorted to “test, test, test,” Japan has tested just 0.2% of its population -- one of the lowest rates among developed countries.

Analyzing just how Japan defied the odds and contained the virus while disregarding the playbook used by other successful countries has become a national conversation. Only one thing is agreed upon: that there was no silver bullet, no one factor that made the difference.

“Just by looking at death numbers, you can say Japan was successful,” said Mikihito Tanaka, a professor at Waseda University specializing in science communication, and a member of a public advisory group of experts on the virus. “But even experts don’t know the reason.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-22/did-japan-just-beat-the-virus-without-lockdowns-or-mass-testing
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #1826 on: May 24, 2020, 05:31:14 pm »
Covid-19 Patients Not Infectious After 11 Days: Singapore Study

Covid-19 patients are no longer infectious after 11 days of getting sick even though some may still test positive, according to a new study by infectious disease experts in Singapore.

A positive test “does not equate to infectiousness or viable virus,” a joint research paper by Singapore’s National Centre for Infectious Diseases and the Academy of Medicine, Singapore said. The virus “could not be isolated or cultured after day 11 of illness.”

More:  https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-24/covid-19-patients-not-infectious-after-11-days-singapore-study

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1827 on: May 24, 2020, 05:36:16 pm »

Seems like the story changes daily.  Late last week we were told that this thing typically doesn't transfer on objects.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #1828 on: May 24, 2020, 06:04:43 pm »

Seems like the story changes daily.  Late last week we were told that this thing typically doesn't transfer on objects.

The findings in Singapore have nothing to do with virus transfer from objects.  They took samples from infected humans and found that at 11 days out, even though the patients still tested positive, they could not isolate the virus from those patients and culture / grow it in a petri dish.  This indicates that at that point any viral shedding is just viral fragments that are unable to infect someone else. 

If someone else can duplicate this study, it indicates that anyone infected with the virus that is able to recuperate at home may not need to wait for multiple negative tests before they go on about their business. It may even help, because if they are shedding viruses that are nonviable, if others come into contact with the nonviable viruses, it could give them immunity (like a dead virus vaccine).

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1829 on: May 24, 2020, 06:10:34 pm »
The findings in Singapore have nothing to do with virus transfer from objects. 

My point was, that it seems we know less about this virus than we know.  And yes, the story changes, and don't be surprised to see the Singapore study be adjusted or wrong with time.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1830 on: May 24, 2020, 09:59:35 pm »
The findings in Singapore have nothing to do with virus transfer from objects.  They took samples from infected humans and found that at 11 days out, even though the patients still tested positive, they could not isolate the virus from those patients and culture / grow it in a petri dish.  This indicates that at that point any viral shedding is just viral fragments that are unable to infect someone else. 

If someone else can duplicate this study, it indicates that anyone infected with the virus that is able to recuperate at home may not need to wait for multiple negative tests before they go on about their business. It may even help, because if they are shedding viruses that are nonviable, if others come into contact with the nonviable viruses, it could give them immunity (like a dead virus vaccine).
C0uld be why no lockdown seems to be more effective...

Even though we have been told that antibodies don't confer immunity...

...so we have to wait for a vaccine...

...so we can build antibodies!  9999hair out0000

Brawndo!(It has electrolytes!)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1831 on: May 24, 2020, 10:06:13 pm »
C0uld be why no lockdown seems to be more effective...

Even though we have been told that antibodies don't confer immunity...

...so we have to wait for a vaccine...

...so we can build antibodies!  9999hair out0000

Brawndo!(It has electrolytes!)

It should be pointed out that the death rate did not begin to spike until after stay-at-home orders were enacted.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1832 on: May 24, 2020, 10:07:00 pm »
It should be pointed out that the death rate did not begin to spike until after stay-at-home orders were enacted.
Good point! Kudos!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1833 on: May 25, 2020, 01:10:26 pm »

That’s how the science of medicine works.  Theories are presented based on present knowledge, and as knowledge increases, best practices are adjusted with the evidence.

This virus is unique, and behaves differently.  As it is studied nd better understood, medical advice changes.

There is nothing nefarious about any of these changes.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1834 on: May 25, 2020, 03:05:59 pm »
That’s how the science of medicine works.  Theories are presented based on present knowledge, and as knowledge increases, best practices are adjusted with the evidence.

Science has shown us that the virus cannot tolerate high humidity and UV radiation.  In sunshine at temperatures above 70°F and  80% humidity, the half-life of the virus falls below 1.5 seconds.  Yet we have governors in this country who continue to order their subjects confined indoors in closed low humidity environments devoid of UV radiation.

Let's be honest here.  Science has NOTHING to do with the draconian un-(state)-constitutional edicts that continue to remain in effect from fascist governors.  And as each and every reason given for the shutdown falls by the wayside, they simply invent new ones.  Science?  Bah!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1835 on: May 25, 2020, 03:45:32 pm »
Science has shown us that the virus cannot tolerate high humidity and UV radiation.  In sunshine at temperatures above 70°F and  80% humidity, the half-life of the virus falls below 1.5 seconds.  Yet we have governors in this country who continue to order their subjects confined indoors in closed low humidity environments devoid of UV radiation.

Let's be honest here.  Science has NOTHING to do with the draconian un-(state)-constitutional edicts that continue to remain in effect from fascist governors.  And as each and every reason given for the shutdown falls by the wayside, they simply invent new ones.  Science?  Bah!

Yes. Bah on the leftists who abuse and misuse science for their political gain.

But how exactly is that different from dismissing medical and scientific evidence for our own political interests?

What I am seeing from some on the right is the same abuse of truth that the left has been doing for decades.

There is an important line that we dare not cross if we are to remain credible.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 03:47:38 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1836 on: May 25, 2020, 03:50:48 pm »
Yes. Bah on the leftists who abuse and misuse science for their political gain.

This isn't a matter of abusing or misusing science.  It is a matter of completely ignoring science.

But how exactly is that different from dismissing medical and scientific evidence for our own political interests.

What I am seeing from some on the right is the same abuse of truth that the left has been doing for decades.

There is an important line that we dare not cross if we are to remain credible.

There is no political agenda when it comes to a sunny surf-filled beach being the safest place to spend the day.

As for trade-offs, I am a student of economics, not politics.  Closing the economy is political.  Opening it is economic.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1837 on: May 25, 2020, 04:30:21 pm »
This isn't a matter of abusing or misusing science.  It is a matter of completely ignoring science.

There is no political agenda when it comes to a sunny surf-filled beach being the safest place to spend the day.

As for trade-offs, I am a student of economics, not politics.  Closing the economy is political.  Opening it is economic.

There’s a lot more science going on than that which regards the fact that being outside is healthy.

Those who do best are those who pay attention to both science and economics.  You can tell who they are by the fact that they are being pummeled by both sides with political agendas.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1838 on: May 25, 2020, 04:56:02 pm »
Those who do best are those who pay attention to both science and economics.

Those who do worst are those who ignore both.  They are those who continue to move the goal posts to justify their shutdown orders.  People are dying because of these orders.  Lives are being destroyed.  They need to end.  This virus will run its course no matter what.  And there is nothing scientific that suggests delaying that proposition will save any lives in the long run.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1839 on: May 25, 2020, 05:24:15 pm »
Those who do worst are those who ignore both.  They are those who continue to move the goal posts to justify their shutdown orders.  People are dying because of these orders.  Lives are being destroyed.  They need to end.  This virus will run its course no matter what.  And there is nothing scientific that suggests delaying that proposition will save any lives in the long run.

I have said nothing that disagrees with that.

With whom are you arguing?

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1840 on: May 25, 2020, 05:33:29 pm »
My point is that there is something nefarious about governors issuing shutdown orders and stay-at-home orders in defiance of their very own state constitutions.  Their decisions were never based on science.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1841 on: May 25, 2020, 07:07:34 pm »
Tell you what............. next time I have a medical appointment and rely on Dr's and scientists I know personally to give me medical advice relying on science, I'll cancel and come to one of you TBR experts who know lots more about science than they do....

I'm sure that will work out well..   *****rollingeyes*****

On second thought, since I personally know, or am related to scores of medical people, I'll rely on them for advice, and not the "scientists" who bloviate here.  And I'll trust their opinions about things like social distancing and masks, and silly things like helping to keep a brand new virus, unlike other viruses, from further spread.

In the meantime, Ohio's economy is open, normal life is returning, the economy will recover, and yet people choose to be angry and protest furiously about losing their 'liberty' by wearing a little piece of cloth on their faces (not mandated in this state) which is proven to protect others from themselves.

Do carry on........   but do have a good Memorial Day remembering people who died for things that really mattered.....   :patriot:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #1842 on: May 25, 2020, 07:57:27 pm »
So right now, beaches are open/opening in the OC, Calif. (and all over SoCal)

social distancing, masks remain in effect, partially observed. Warmer air.

In a few weeks infections will probably be down, hopefully a lot.

Will we be able to attribute the decreased infections, to warmer weather, more outside fresh air, masks, social distancing, more testing, schools and shopping closures, etc?

One thing is certain:  Memorial Day weekend is a very big deal here, every year. Military planes are to fly over hospitals all around the area.

Happy Memorial Day, in particular to the vets themselves!!
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

« Reply #1843 on: May 26, 2020, 12:08:22 pm »

I grow angrier by the day. Yes, I get angry at blind obedience and utter, spineless, stupidity.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1844 on: May 26, 2020, 12:59:26 pm »
I grow angrier by the day. Yes, I get angry at blind obedience and utter, spineless, stupidity.

@aligncare

You must stay mad all the time in 21st Century 'murika.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #1845 on: May 26, 2020, 01:04:59 pm »
@aligncare

You must stay mad all the time in 21st Century 'murika.

Yep. It’s anger tinged with heartache for the late, great American experiment.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1846 on: May 26, 2020, 01:08:50 pm »
Yep. It’s anger tinged with heartache for the late, great American experiment.

@aligncare

Yeah,I can identify with that.

Damn shame there are so many people so in love with the idea of "the perfect" they are willing to throw away "the good" in order to send some sort of message.

We could have a sure-fire win that would set the globalists back at least a decade if it weren't for these prima donnas.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 01:10:37 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1847 on: May 26, 2020, 01:23:43 pm »
@sneakypete

Without the folks you call the "prima donnas," the elected politicians tend to forget why we sent them into government.  The old maxim applies:  "When you're up to your ass in alligators, it's hard to remember your goal was to drain the swamp."

It may not always be appreciated, but these folks are the rudder of this ship, and we cast it away at the peril of navigation.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1848 on: May 26, 2020, 01:30:01 pm »
@sneakypete

Without the folks you call the "prima donnas," the elected politicians tend to forget why we sent them into government.  The old maxim applies:  "When you're up to your ass in alligators, it's hard to remember your goal was to drain the swamp."

It may not always be appreciated, but these folks are the rudder of this ship, and we cast it away at the peril of navigation.

@Cyber Liberty

I give you half-points for that because every political movement needs a few "purists" to remind members of the ULTIMATE goal,but when you are chasing after the goal from afar,you do NOT need someone constantly pulling the rug out from under you.

At this point,they are of more benefit to the very people working to destroy the nation than they are the people trying to save it.

The "all or nothing" approach ALWAYS results in your receiving "nothing".

Offline aligncare

« Reply #1849 on: May 26, 2020, 01:33:23 pm »
@aligncare

Yeah,I can identify with that.

Damn shame there are so many people so in love with the idea of "the perfect" they are willing to throw away "the good" in order to send some sort of message.

We could have a sure-fire win that would set the globalists back at least a decade if it weren't for these prima donnas.

...don’t get me started. Okay, just one more shot across their bow...

If you find yourself constantly criticizing Trump and repeating the same arguments against Trump used by CNN, MSNBC and Adam Schiff, it’s time to question your assumptions and the purpose of your personal war against Trump’s re-election.

They’ll ignore this point and argue some piddling, irrelevant gripe they have about Trump that offends their virtuous self.

Talk about your selfish, self-centered people. It’s all about their virtue, as if only they vote on principles. I hope they lose plenty of sleep when Joe Biden (or his doppelgänger) wins November’s firewall election.