Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 64696 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #650 on: March 27, 2020, 10:40:10 pm »
   China Supplied Faulty Coronavirus Test Kits to Spain, Czech Republic
https://news.yahoo.com/china-supplied-faulty-coronavirus-test-162306412.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #651 on: March 27, 2020, 10:43:56 pm »
According to the United Nations World Population Prospects report, approximately 7,452 people die every day in the United States.    ...
Irrespective of Covid-19.
source
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mortarman

Re: Chinese Lawyers Sue U.S. Over 'Coronavirus Cover-up'
« Reply #652 on: March 27, 2020, 10:44:23 pm »
Or if the Pantsuit Assassin had won in 2016, she would have given them stealth tech to go with the ICBM guidance technology the Chappaquaw Crime Cartel sold them in 1996.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #653 on: March 27, 2020, 10:46:38 pm »
Coronavirus: Italy Sees Worst Day Yet, 969 Dead in 24 Hours; Death Toll Exceeds 9,000
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/03/27/coronavirus-italy-sees-worst-day-yet-969-dead-in-24-hours-death-toll-exceeds-9000/

This is so tragic!

But Italy has told us what they failed to do to prevent these numbers, and thank GOD that American leaders have listened.

Our numbers relative to our population shouldn't be this bad.

But they will be bad.  They will be bad.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #654 on: March 27, 2020, 10:49:25 pm »
Irrespective of Covid-19.
source

But not all from the same thing.......

And is that really relevant?   This is a once in a hundred years single source of disease and death.

(Nearly) a thousand in one day in Italy is a staggering number.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #655 on: March 27, 2020, 11:19:06 pm »
This is so tragic!

But Italy has told us what they failed to do to prevent these numbers, and thank GOD that American leaders have listened.

Our numbers relative to our population shouldn't be this bad.

But they will be bad.  They will be bad.

Univ. of Washington researchers predict 80,000 COVID-19 deaths in U.S. by July

https://www.geekwire.com/2020/univ-washington-epidemiologists-predict-80000-covid-19-deaths-u-s-july/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #656 on: March 27, 2020, 11:42:57 pm »
I'm coming into this late, but Wow.  I just watched about 20 minutes of my President detail what was being done about the virus while thanking all the people who stepped up to make it happen.  Now he's taking questions.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIjVjdxMpUQ

Doing great until he goes off on Gov's of Washington, and Michigan.  Falls into a FLICK the blue states narrative 27 mins in.

Q: Will it be months?
President Trump: I hope not.

Not no.  Truth is more important than hope.

My President gets it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 12:06:55 am by Once-Ler »

Offline libertybele

Pope Francis, in desolate St. Peter's Square, prays for end to coronavirus
« Reply #657 on: March 28, 2020, 12:00:16 am »
Pope Francis, in desolate St. Peter's Square, prays for end to coronavirus

Pope Francis prayed for an end to the coronavirus pandemic on Friday in front of an empty St. Peter's Square, as Italy continues to remain one of the most impacted regions in the world.

Speaking through the rain, Francis read from the Gospel during the hour-long ceremony and urged the world to view the crisis as a reminder of basic values.

"My God’s blessing come down upon you as a consoling embrace,” Francis said from the steps of St. Peter's Basilica, where he normally draws tens of thousands of worshippers. “Lord, bless the world. Give health to our bodies and comfort our hearts.”.....

.........“We have realized that we are in the same boat, all of us fragile and disoriented, but at the same time important and needed, all of us called to row together, each of us in need of comforting the other,” he said. “From this colonnade that embraces Rome and the whole world, may God’s blessing come down upon you as a consoling embrace.”

At the end of the service, he delivered a blessing, the "Urbi et Orbi" prayer, normally reserved for Christmas and Easter...........

https://www.foxnews.com/world/pope-francis-prays-end-coronavirus

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #658 on: March 28, 2020, 12:26:56 am »

I'll take that bet.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #659 on: March 28, 2020, 12:49:43 am »
I'll take that bet.

Even if it is 80k deaths... That is a pretty normal flu season.
I will start considering it serious when we go over 100k... Which I don't believe we will even approach.

« Reply #660 on: March 28, 2020, 12:57:21 am »
I'll take that bet.
I just watched a President I've hated for 3 years, tell me everything I wanted to hear for 60 minutes.  I'll take even odds that we exceed 80,000 by July.  How about a $20 donation to TBR?  I should actually get better than even odds since, if I'm really right, your $20 won't buy much anyways.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #661 on: March 28, 2020, 01:12:06 am »
Even if it is 80k deaths... That is a pretty normal flu season.
I will start considering it serious when we go over 100k... Which I don't believe we will even approach.

Hopefully we won't see that many -- right now we are seeing a 1.5% death rate.  100,013 confirmed cases and 1,545 deaths.  In my county we are seeing a 5% death rate.  **nononono*

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #662 on: March 28, 2020, 01:18:25 am »
Hopefully we won't see that many -- right now we are seeing a 1.5% death rate.  100,013 confirmed cases and 1,545 deaths.  In my county we are seeing a 5% death rate.  **nononono*

I don't think it is anywhere near that high anywhere, the way they are jackin the statistics around.

When only one in ten is getting tested (and I think it is way less than that), the mortality rate statistic is outragously and falsely increased.

Probably closer to .3-.03%

« Reply #663 on: March 28, 2020, 01:26:18 am »
Looks like we've already hit 400 dead today.  https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #664 on: March 28, 2020, 10:44:50 am »
Proposition bets on the number of dead?  No thank you.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #665 on: March 28, 2020, 10:55:13 am »
I won't go there, either. That isn't gallows humour, just crass by any standard.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #666 on: March 28, 2020, 11:13:20 am »
'TOO AFRAID TO SLEEP' Distraught mum stayed awake for three days next to 18-month-old baby son’s cot as he fought for life with coronavirus
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11275242/mum-awake-three-days-baby-coronavirus/

Good read.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 11:30:08 am by TomSea »

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #667 on: March 28, 2020, 01:29:46 pm »
The Big Wobble 3/28/2020

http://www.thebigwobble.org/2020/03/covid-19-day-89-mar-28th-almost-600000.html

Covid-19: Day 89: Mar 28th: Almost 600,000 cases: Cases in Italy overtake China as US infections pass 100,000: Countries affected 184 of 195: Rise in domestic violence and child abuse: Hubei Residents Riot After Quarantine Lifted

Countries affected 184/195. The USA confirms 104,901 cases. Total confirmed cases at almost 600,000 with almost 12,000 of them in a critical condition. A dubious number of deaths is at 26,969 at a rate of 4.6%. https://wuhanviruslive.com/

Cases in Italy overtake China as US infections pass 100,000 Trump invokes Defence Production Act; Syria introduces travel restrictions; The UK, Spain, Italy see the biggest daily rise in deaths. Follow the latest updates. Guardian

Lockdowns around the world bring a rise in domestic violence and child abuse. Activists say a pattern of increasing abuse is repeated in countries from Brazil to Germany, China to Greece. Guardian

What is the REAL death rate for the coronavirus?
Figures reveal just 0.6% of patients in Germany die but the rate in Italy is higher than 10% because of a stark difference in testing regimes.
Italy, the worst affected country in the world, has a massive 11.3 per cent fatality rate - more than 9,100 people have died there

Countries which only test seriously ill patients will have higher death rates. DM

How America has the world's biggest and fastest-growing coronavirus outbreak: New US virus cases- per-day overtake Italy and are higher than China ever admitted New figures reveal that coronavirus cases and deaths in the United States are outpacing both Italy and China
The US now has more cases of COVID-19 - 92,000 infections - than any other country, as well as 1,300 deaths Italy has the second-highest number of cases at 86,498 and China has the third highest with 81,430 A total of 12 states have already surpassed 1,500 cases each - no area outside Hubei in China reached that New York's death toll is doubling nearly every 1.5 days compared to the worst-hit region of Italy, Lombardy, which saw a doubling every three days
At the peak of China's outbreak, officials recorded 3,892 new cases compared to the US, which recorded more than 16,000 new cases on March 26. DM

Italy's deaths spike by 969 - its biggest one-day tally yet - to 9,134 as country warns coronavirus has still NOT peaked and lockdown that has already lasted 19 days will have to be extended The 969 new deaths bring Italy's death toll from 8,165 to 9,134, up 11.9 per cent The total number of infections rose by 5,959, taking the total from 80,539 to 86,498 It puts Italy in an unwanted lead over China which has registered 81,897 cases DM

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #668 on: March 28, 2020, 03:19:33 pm »

Predicting 80,000 deaths by July?  No thank you.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #669 on: March 28, 2020, 04:27:15 pm »
Urn deliveries in Wuhan raise questions about China's actual coronavirus death toll
https://www.foxnews.com/world/urn-deliveries-wuhan-china-coronavirus-death-toll
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

« Reply #670 on: March 28, 2020, 05:02:31 pm »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Mike Doran of Hudson   always has wisdom. The others, I'm not as convinced about.

China bulk-bought medical supplies abroad before coronavirus crisis hit
Bernard Lagan, Sydney | Isambard Wilkinson, Madrid

As the coronavirus took hold in Wuhan in February, staff of a Chinese government-backed global property giant were ordered to buy up vast quantities of western medicines and medical equipment to send to China.

Sources within the company told the Sydney Morning Herald that it was an international endeavour by the Greenland Group to scour the world for bulk supplies of surgical masks, thermometers, antibacterial wipes, hand sanitisers, gloves and paracetamol for China’s health system.

According to a company newsletter, the Greenland Group’s overseas offices brought up three million protective masks, 700,000 hazmat suits and 500,000 pairs of protective gloves from “Australia, Canada, Turkey and other countries”.

Read more at:  https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/china-bulk-bought-medical-supplies-abroad-before-crisis-hit-556gj7gn3

Iran's coronavirus response highlights authoritarianism's dangers
By Lawrence J. Haas, opinion contributor — 03/27/20 09:30 AM EDT

With the coronavirus forcing Iran to dig mass graves for its victims, Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei rejected U.S. aid offers of recent days and suggested that America “specifically built” the virus “for Iran using the genetic data of Iranians which they have obtained through different means.”

“You cannot be trusted,” Khamenei told the United States in a televised address. “If you send some doctor or healer, he might want to come here to check on the efforts of the poison you created.”

Khamenei’s sentiments, which other high-ranking Iranian officials also have expressed, illustrate the danger that authoritarian regimes in general, and Tehran’s mullahcracy in particular, pose to their own people and the world.

Read more at: https://thehill.com/opinion/international/489802-irans-coronavirus-response-highlights-authoritarianisms-dangers

Hoover Institute, located at Stanford.  I am listening to this now. Not vouching for it.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

They have quite a few videos.

Urn deliveries in Wuhan raise questions about China's actual coronavirus death toll

I certainly heard about this.

The reliability of China’s coronavirus numbers is under question once again in view of the staggering amount of urns being distributed out in Wuhan.

According to official Chinese government data, 50,006 people were infected with the Covid-19 virus in Wuhan with 2,535 dying from the disease.

However, Chinese investigative outlet Caixin reports that when mortuaries opened back up this week in the Hubei capital, people had to wait in line for as long as five hours to receive the remains of their loved ones lost during the epidemic.

Read more at:  http://shanghaiist.com/2020/03/27/urns-in-wuhan-far-exceed-death-toll-raising-more-questions-about-chinas-tally/

Caixin used as a source again. Good source (imho).

Offline TomSea

« Reply #671 on: March 28, 2020, 06:44:49 pm »
Prominent Iraqi cleric Moqtada al-Sadr blames coronavirus pandemic on gay marriage
The New Arab

The influential Iran-linked cleric has previously been linked to the torture and killing of gay men in Iraq.

One of Iraq's most influential clerics has claimed the devastating coronavirus pandemic was caused by moves to legalise same-sex marriage in recent years.

Moqtada al-Sadr on Saturday called on governments worldwide to revoke laws allowing for gay marriage.

More:  https://english.alaraby.co.uk/english/news/2020/3/28/prominent-iraqi-cleric-blames-coronavirus-pandemic-on-gay-marriage

Offline Idiot

« Reply #672 on: March 28, 2020, 06:49:58 pm »
That number is likely in the hundreds of thousands if not millions.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #673 on: March 28, 2020, 07:04:27 pm »

Picture of the Day: Chinese Ambassador Summoned
GIKorea | March 28, 2020 | Picture of the Day | 1 Comment
Chinese ambassador speaks to reporters

Article:  https://www.rokdrop.net/2020/03/picture-of-the-day-chinese-ambassador-summoned/
Picture of the Day: Daegu Mayor Collapses

Article:  https://www.rokdrop.net/2020/03/picture-of-the-day-daegu-mayor-collapses/

« Reply #674 on: March 28, 2020, 07:40:32 pm »
I'll take that bet.
Predicting 80,000 deaths by July?  No thank you.

Sorry I(?) brought it up @Hoodat