Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 64660 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: 🚨Coronavirus: Boris Johnson tests positive for COVID-19
« Reply #625 on: March 27, 2020, 11:30:00 am »
I just heard myself, my, my. I"m sure he will be okay but it sure makes one wonder about the contagiousness of this disease.

Both him and Prince Charles. Scary. Prayers for HRH Queen Elizabeth. Her birthday is in a few weeks. She’ll be 94 on April 21.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mountaineer

« Reply #626 on: March 27, 2020, 12:04:58 pm »
Both him and Prince Charles. Scary. Prayers for HRH Queen Elizabeth. Her birthday is in a few weeks. She’ll be 94 on April 21.
She and Philip certainly are at risk.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #627 on: March 27, 2020, 01:08:48 pm »

BREAKING 
Health Secretary Matt Hancock tests positive for coronavirus

Heath Secretary Matt Hancock has tested positive for coronavirus and is self-isolating at home with mild symptoms.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-i-dont-think-we-are-crashing-economy-business-secretary-11964345

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #628 on: March 27, 2020, 01:09:42 pm »

BREAKING 
Health Secretary Matt Hancock tests positive for coronavirus

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-i-dont-think-we-are-crashing-economy-business-secretary-11964345

In the immortal words of another Brit, “curiouser, and curiouser”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hundreds dead in Iran after consuming methanol thinking it was coronavirus protection

By Peter Aitken | Fox News

More than 300 people have died and a further 1,000 have fallen ill in Iran after consuming methanol in the belief that it will protect them against the coronavirus, according to local media.

Fake remedies have spread across Iranian social media, with methanol simply the latest supposed cure. As an Islamic nation, the consumption of alcohol is banned, but bootleggers have distributed industrial alcohol.

“Other countries have only one problem, which is the new coronavirus pandemic,” said Dr. Hossein Hassanian, an adviser to Iran’s Health Ministry who claimed that the problem could be more severe than reported. “We have to both cure the people with the alcohol poisoning and also fight the coronavirus.”

more
https://www.foxnews.com/world/hundreds-dead-iran-methanol-coronavirus-protection

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

rangerrebew

Iran releases 85,000 prisoners because of coronavirus, but keeps Christians locked up

Mar 26, 2020 4:00 pm By Robert Spencer

“Iran refuses to release Christian prisoners despite coronavirus outbreak,” by Benjamin Weinthal, Jerusalem Post, March 25, 2020:

BERLIN – Iran’s mullah regime refused on Tuesday to grant a temporary release to four imprisoned Christians amid a release of some 85,000 prisoners, including political prisoners, in an effort to stop the spread of the Middle East’s worst outbreak of the coronavirus.

The religious freedom organization Article18 wrote on its website that, “Four Iranian Christians serving 10-year sentences in Tehran’s Evin prison are being denied temporary release even though their requests for retrials have been accepted.”

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2020/03/iran-releases-85000-prisoners-because-of-coronavirus-but-keeps-christians-locked-up

rangerrebew

Fatah: Honoring terrorists is more important than stopping Coronavirus
« Reply #631 on: March 27, 2020, 03:13:37 pm »

Fatah: Honoring terrorists is more important than stopping Coronavirus
Nan Jacques Zilberdik  | Mar 26, 2020

Thousands of Palestinians celebrated a terrorist’s release from prison, ignoring PA instructions to self-quarantine.

In what was probably the largest gathering this week anywhere in the world, since self-isolation is the key to defeating the Coronavirus, Mahmoud Abbas’ Fatah Movement organized a celebration with “thousands” of Palestinians crammed together to honor a terrorist released from prison.

Fatah’s message to its own people is that honoring a terrorist involved in the murder of 6 Israelis takes priority over their own health.

The following pictures of the massive crowds were posted on Fatah’s official Facebook page with the following text:

https://palwatch.org/page/17663

rangerrebew

In Iran, false belief a poison fights virus kills hundreds
« Reply #632 on: March 27, 2020, 03:18:08 pm »
In Iran, false belief a poison fights virus kills hundreds

NASSER KARIMI and JON GAMBRELL
,Associated Press•March 27, 2020

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Standing over the still body of an intubated 5-year-old boy wearing nothing but a plastic diaper, an Iranian health care worker in a hazmat suit and mask begged the public for just one thing: Stop drinking industrial alcohol over fears about the new coronavirus.

The boy, now blind after his parents gave him toxic methanol in the mistaken belief it protects against the virus, is just one of hundreds of victims of an epidemic inside the pandemic now gripping Iran.

Iranian media report nearly 300 people have been killed and more than 1,000 sickened so far by ingesting methanol across the Islamic Republic, where drinking alcohol is banned and where those who do rely on bootleggers. An Iranian doctor helping the country's Health Ministry told The Associated Press on Friday the problem was even greater, giving a death toll of around 480 with 2,850 people sickened.

https://news.yahoo.com/iran-false-belief-poison-fights-060457167.html

Offline PeteS in CA

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Fatah: Honoring terrorists is more important than stopping Coronavirus
« Reply #634 on: March 27, 2020, 04:16:25 pm »
Fatah’s message to its own people is that honoring a terrorist involved in the murder of 6 Israelis takes priority over their own health.

That's the opinion of Nan Jacques Zilberdik, not something said by a Fatah official.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #635 on: March 27, 2020, 04:20:18 pm »
Jennifer Zeng 曾錚
@jenniferatntd
·
1h
Lots of videos here! Fights burst out when people from #Hubei not allowed to enter #Jiangxi. My prediction: #CCP will lose centralized control over #China soon.

https://twitter.com/jenniferatntd/status/1243545730217922565

A number of videos on the page she links to.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://www.epochtimes.com/gb/20/3/27/n11980618.htm

But if enough people predict China's Communist Party government will fail, they may eventually be right.

It would be nice if they lost control...often said, never happens, the government is too powerful.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 04:22:03 pm by TomSea »

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #636 on: March 27, 2020, 04:44:22 pm »
I couple days ago, I was using a wonderfully interactive county-by-county map of COVID-19.  If I wanted to look at Bottineau County, North Dakota, all I had to do was click on the map.  It's crazy, but I can't find it.  Any help?

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #637 on: March 27, 2020, 04:48:07 pm »

But if enough people predict China's Communist Party government will fail, they may eventually be right.

It would be nice if they lost control...often said, never happens, the government is too powerful.

Don't think this is not possible here.  If we are unable to get back to a marginally normal life and enough people become desperate, local anarchy can happen.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline TomSea

There was an early report on alcohol being used but apparently, this is a 2nd wave and maybe with a deadlier substance.  This is the same story, AP, Ranger posts above... but without emboldened headlines, you might lose the gist of it.

In Iran, False Belief a Poison Fights Virus Kills Hundreds
By Associated Press
March 27, 2020 07:22 AM

More:  https://www.voanews.com/science-health/coronavirus-outbreak/iran-false-belief-poison-fights-virus-kills-hundreds

The article mentions "bootleg" alcohol, I think that was the first wave of this.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #639 on: March 27, 2020, 04:57:49 pm »
 :2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #640 on: March 27, 2020, 05:10:47 pm »
Coronavirus Outbreak
Philippines Declares Coronavirus Emergency Amid State of 'Warfare'
By VOA News    March 27, 2020 11:51 AM

he Philippines has declared a state of emergency, allowing it to comply with stricter COVID-19 measures taken by neighboring countries, but also causing human rights worries, such as the use of dog cages to detain curfew violators.

Lawmakers passed legislation Tuesday granting emergency powers to Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte, including the power to commandeer private hospitals and ships, order the transport and housing of health workers, and reallocate the state budget to give families financial aid. 

The nation was not as fast as others in Southeast Asia to cancel flights, close schools, and restrict movement. With coronavirus infections spiking in mid-March, however, Manila determined past measures were not enough, and it became the first in the region to order a national lockdown.

Read more at:  https://www.voanews.com/science-health/coronavirus-outbreak/philippines-declares-coronavirus-emergency-amid-state-warfare

Duterte urged to self-quarantine:  https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1249563/duterte-advised-to-undergo-self-quarantine

Offline TomSea

« Reply #641 on: March 27, 2020, 05:12:09 pm »
I couple days ago, I was using a wonderfully interactive county-by-county map of COVID-19.  If I wanted to look at Bottineau County, North Dakota, all I had to do was click on the map.  It's crazy, but I can't find it.  Any help?

This webpage has a map but I think it is from 2 days ago. They did seem to get it from John Hopkins:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03/25/updated-map-coronavirus-cases-in-the-u-s-county-by-county/

@Lando Lincoln

I've looked at John Hopkins website itself, I'm not finding this right now.

Trump Administration to Issue Guidelines for Classifying U.S. Counties by Coronavirus Risk
Criteria designed to help local officials decide whether to increase or relax social-distancing rules
Article available at:  https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-administration-to-issue-guidelines-for-classifying-areas-by-coronavirus-risk-11585248715 (no paywall)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Better put Prince Albert back in the can.  :silly:
Dunno. You can catch all sorts of diseases in the can, man. There's some germs in there!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #643 on: March 27, 2020, 05:47:06 pm »
Look here @Lando Lincoln https://www.health.nd.gov/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/north-dakota-coronavirus-cases

Right now, 65 positive cases in the State, 13 in hospital, 15 recovered, and no deaths.

So far, 12 of 53 counties (McKenzie and Bottineau counties have no confirmed cases).  The pattern I am seeing follows US 2 West to Minot (Ward County), I-94 West from Fargo to Dickinson, and US 85 north from I-94 to Stark County, although resolution is limited to county lines. There are a couple of 'flyers' that do not fit the pattern, but the infection seems to be following the main highways in the State, with the exception of I-29, on which most travelers would be living in either Fargo or Grand Forks, or just travel from one to the other without stopping.

This webpage is updated a few times daily, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Chinese Lawyers Sue U.S. Over 'Coronavirus Cover-up'
« Reply #644 on: March 27, 2020, 06:36:47 pm »
Radio Free Asia 2020-03-26

Two state-backed Chinese lawyers have brought lawsuits against the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other U.S. departments, alleging that they "covered up" the emergence of the coronavirus.

The claims are in line with Beijing's attempt to change the narrative internationally about how the pandemic started.

Wuhan lawyer Liang Xuguang filed one lawsuit with the Wuhan Intermediate People’s Court against the U.S. Government, CDC, the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Armed Forces Sports Council claiming damages of 200,000 yuan (around U.S.$28,000).

The lawsuit alleges that the defendants were responsible for lost wages and emotional harm because they "covered up" the alleged emergence of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 on U.S. soil.

More: https://www.rfa.org/english/news/china/wuhan-lawsuit-03262020122653.html

Offline skeeter

Re: Chinese Lawyers Sue U.S. Over 'Coronavirus Cover-up'
« Reply #645 on: March 27, 2020, 06:46:48 pm »
The Chinese don’t care what the world thinks of them, apparently.

Of course if Obama we’re still president we would’ve already settled for an undisclosed but considerable sum out of court.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #646 on: March 27, 2020, 07:15:09 pm »
Another notable British virus patient:
Jimmy Savile’s sex fiend chauffeur, 78, contracts coronavirus in prison
Former DJ Ray Teret, 78, was diagnosed with Covid-19 at HMP Manchester and has been placed isolation as he fights the killer bug. He was jailed for raping underage girls
ByLorraine King
    16:29, 27 MAR 2020

Full story in the Mirror
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #647 on: March 27, 2020, 08:31:35 pm »
From the UK...
Coronavirus may have infected half of UK population — Oxford study
New epidemiological model suggests the vast majority of people suffer little or no illness

The new coronavirus may already have infected far more people in the UK than scientists had previously estimated — perhaps as much as half the population — according to modelling by researchers at the University of Oxford.

If the results are confirmed, they imply that fewer than one in a thousand of those infected with Covid-19 become ill enough to need hospital treatment, said Sunetra Gupta, professor of theoretical epidemiology, who led the study. The vast majority develop very mild symptoms or none at all.

“We need immediately to begin large-scale serological surveys — antibody testing — to assess what stage of the epidemic we are in now,” she said.

https://www.ft.com/content/5ff6469a-6dd8-11ea-89df-41bea055720b
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #648 on: March 27, 2020, 10:08:25 pm »
Coronavirus: Italy Sees Worst Day Yet, 969 Dead in 24 Hours; Death Toll Exceeds 9,000
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/03/27/coronavirus-italy-sees-worst-day-yet-969-dead-in-24-hours-death-toll-exceeds-9000/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #649 on: March 27, 2020, 10:37:47 pm »
Coronavirus: Italy Sees Worst Day Yet, 969 Dead in 24 Hours; Death Toll Exceeds 9,000
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/03/27/coronavirus-italy-sees-worst-day-yet-969-dead-in-24-hours-death-toll-exceeds-9000/
OMG.  Almost 1,000 in one day? 
We lost 250 Americans yesterday, and probably top 300 today.  We are over half way to 9-11's death count of under 3,000.
We can all be thankful that it didn't happen in one day, but rather the last 1,500 American deaths happened over a span of almost 15 days. 
However our numbers dying each successive day is increasing.

Maybe we should start talking about where all the American bodies should go for those who are indigent? 

Iran's doing mass graves.

I would like my remains scattered at the Lincoln Memorial, but I would prefer not to be cremated.