Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 64659 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #525 on: March 22, 2020, 02:16:34 pm »
This is one stat in which we lead the world, hospital beds but there is some detail to the explanation:
Prof. Steve Hanke
@steve_hanke
When compared to some other countries, the #USA lacks hospital beds per capita. But, the US has the most #CriticalCare beds per capita, and when it comes to #COVID19, that’s what counts. Accurate #Statistics matter. Don't buy into the media panic.
#CoronavirusUSA

https://twitter.com/steve_hanke

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #526 on: March 22, 2020, 02:20:26 pm »
What did Dr. Fauci have to say in 2009 about the deadly H1N1 pandemic?

By M. Catharine Evans, March 22, 2020

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/03/what_did_dr_fauci_have_to_say_in_2009_about_the_deadly_h1n1_pandemic.html

It seems some viral infection pandemics are more equal than others. At least when it comes to burning a vibrant Trump economy to the ground.

In September 2009, after millions had become infected with the H1N1 influenza and thousands had died, some of whom were young people and children, a relaxed and unalarmed Dr. Anthony Fauci told an interviewer that people just need "to use good judgment."

"Parents should not send their kids to school if they're sick, if you're sick don't go to work ... avoid places where there are people who are sick and coughing, now that's a difficult thing to do,” he said. "...You can't isolate yourself from the rest of the world for the whole flu season." That’s quite a change from the esteemed expert’s views on the current virus from China sweeping the world.

It’s peculiar that nowhere in the 2009 video does Dr. Fauci suggest that in order to alleviate the stress on hospital supplies we "force, uh, delay, if not cancel anything that's elective, I mean any medical or surgical procedures that need to be done on an elective basis should not be done." Dr. Fauci's statement to NBC's Savannah Guthrie on March 20, 2020 and his obvious slip of the tongue using the word “force” reveals just how much influence Dr. Fauci has over our daily lives. To date, hospitals, imaging centers, and outpatient departments across the country have cancelled non-emergent testing and surgical procedures.

Additionally, nowhere in the 2009 interview does Dr. Fauci specifically mention restaurants and bars as hot spots for the transmission of the H1N1 virus as he does in his recent interview with Yahoo News: “When I see crowded bars and crowded restaurants, it is a little bit unnerving,” Fauci said. "It’s clear that those are the situations that put people very much at risk." Talk about wielding power. Take a look around the country. Local and state officials have heeded Fauci’s “unnerving” concern and ordered restaurants to close their dining areas, or adhere to a 10-person limit. In cities and small towns everywhere, the restaurant industry, which includes owners, suppliers, chefs, line cooks, waitstaff, and bartenders, has been decimated.

-- excerpt, rest at link above --

FTA:

However, no-one is asking: what is the current stress level on the healthcare system right now? Where are we in that capacity?… and what is normal capacity level during a high-level flu outbreak?… and Where are we when compared against that baseline?

Remember in 2009 there were over 61 million cases of H1N1, more than 274,000 hospitalizations and 12,469 additional deaths specifically attributed to that strain of flu virus in the U.S. [DATA HERE]

The premise to extend the virus duration in an effort to lower the infection rate and spread the virus over a longer period of time needs to measured against: (a) where the healthcare system is at any given moment; and (b) under traditional high-flu seasons where are we during those historic events.

STRESS LEVEL – The healthcare ‘system’ per se, is expending an awful lot of time on mitigation efforts. As Dr. Birx noted: the current negative test rate for coronavirus among those showing symptoms who are tested is 94 to 98 percent. That means of all the people taking coronavirus tests, 94/98 out of 100 are symptomatic (they are sick) but they are not infected with coronavirus. They are normal flu cases.

Our healthcare “system” is expending an incredible amount of resources on a mitigation effort. According to Dr. Birx and the current U.S. test results, 94 to 98 percent of those mitigation efforts are not engaging with coronavirus. They are dealing with regular flu (perhaps a strong flu).

If you extract the mitigation effort from the overall effort, the current stress level on the healthcare system doesn’t seem to be overwhelming. What is stressing the system is a coronavirus mitigation effort with a rate of 94 to 98 percent testing negative.

This is a really important point that was asked a couple of weeks ago..... if we were able to handle the over 61 million cases of H1N1, more than 274,000 hospitalizations and 12,469 additional deaths specifically attributed to that strain of flu virus in the U.S. back in 2009, without really hearing a word about it..... then why is such a huge problem being projected now?

What it is that answer to that question?

« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 02:22:44 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

« Reply #527 on: March 22, 2020, 02:26:19 pm »
This is a really important point that was asked a couple of weeks ago..... if we were able to handle the over 61 million cases of H1N1, more than 274,000 hospitalizations and 12,469 additional deaths specifically attributed to that strain of flu virus in the U.S. back in 2009, without really hearing a word about it..... then why is such a huge problem being projected now?

What it is that answer to that question?

Because Trump wasn't President then?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #528 on: March 22, 2020, 02:33:41 pm »

I suspect that may have a LOT  to do with it!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #529 on: March 22, 2020, 02:50:28 pm »
Break bonds with China? Okay, now is not the time but eventually, we will need to do something like that...remove tariffs and yes, China would benefit.
We are so integrated now, I guess, maybe that's globalism. I've posted it before, China has a lot of American things too, Starbucks, McDonald's.

We can't drop the tariffs.  We need the money to bailout the hotels and whatever other pork is in the now $2 Trillion coronavirus relief bill.  Medical devices like respirators, masks, and surgical equipment are in very high demand from US consumers.  The government could lose millions in revenue.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #530 on: March 22, 2020, 02:59:27 pm »

I suspect that may have a LOT  to do with it!

The media (as always, the DNC’s propaganda arm) sets the narrative. If democrat leaders want a panicked public, they will deliver a panicked public. Without meetings or memos, they are on the same page. They see a fractured economy as their last chance to damage republicans’ chances of taking all three branches.

Remember, they will joyfully walk over dead babies to get their power back. They are that sick.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #531 on: March 22, 2020, 03:08:33 pm »
The media (as always, the DNC’s propaganda arm) sets the narrative. If democrat leaders want a panicked public, they will deliver a panicked public. Without meetings or memos, they are on the same page. They see a fractured economy as their last chance to damage republicans’ chances of taking all three branches.

Remember, they will joyfully walk over dead babies to get their power back. They are that sick.

I've been saying something like that for a LONG time now @aligncare ! They have invested over 100 years and much $$$ in getting this country to this point and won't see it go down the tubes without one hell of a fight!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #532 on: March 22, 2020, 03:18:18 pm »
The coronavirus is a product of the left, the third and final installment of its trilogy of doomsday scenarios that rounds out the Russia collusion and Ukrainian quid pro quo narratives. Only this time, after years of seeing their collective efforts to take down the president of the United States fail, they've hit the jackpot.

This is no time to celebrate.   happy77

I know you want to blame the left for this, but it will never happen @Bigun .

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/world/trump-calls-for-national-unity-against-coronavirus/ar-BB11layX

Trump calls for national unity against coronavirus

"It's been a great thing to see... getting along with Democrats, getting along with Republicans," said Trump.
"There's been a lot of spirit with things happening that I haven't seen in almost three and a half years."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/gop-governor-group-pauses-political-attacks-amid-coronavirus-while-democrats-continue

GOP governor group pauses political attacks amid coronavirus while Democrats continue

“The RGA is not engaging in any digital or email fundraising or any negative political communications at this time,” RGA spokeswoman Amelia Chasse Alcivar confirmed Friday. “We are not using the COVID-19 crisis to attack our opponents.”

https://twitter.com/GOP/status/1241726343915679751

GOP @GOP
Congress The Trump Administration’s response to the virus has been praised by Democrat Governors from Washington, California, & New York—Americans' safety & health knows no party lines.

President Trump is working with states & communities to ensure Americans are supported in this crisis.
9:00 AM · Mar 22, 2020

I'm very proud of my President and my former party on focusing on solutions instead of hatred.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #533 on: March 22, 2020, 03:25:29 pm »
Tom Cotton
@SenTomCotton
Chinese Communist Party lies & corruption turned a local health problem into a global pandemic, devastating lives & dreams across our country. There will be a reckoning.

https://twitter.com/SenTomCotton

Senator Cotton refers to this article below in his tweet:

This basic question has been in a few threads, so I thought I'd post this here. 

Senator Tom Cotton links to this article off of his twitter.
How the Virus Got Out

By Jin Wu, Weiyi Cai, Derek Watkins and James GlanzMarch 22, 2020

The most extensive travel restrictions to stop an outbreak in human history haven’t been enough. We analyzed the movements of hundreds of millions of people to show why.

Many of the first known cases clustered around a seafood market in Wuhan, China, a city of 11 million and a transportation hub.

Four cases grew to dozens by the end of December. Doctors knew only that the sick people had viral pneumonia that did not respond to the usual treatments.

The true size of the outbreak was much larger even then — an invisible network of nearly 1,000 cases, or perhaps several times more.

Read more at:  https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/22/world/coronavirus-spread.html

Online mountaineer

« Reply #534 on: March 22, 2020, 03:31:14 pm »
From a Canadian:
Conrad Black @ConradMBlack

We must not, in our zeal to “flatten the curve” and suppress the coronavirus, amputate our economic limbs; mass unemployment and a tidal wave of small business bankruptcies would take painful years to heal.

9:58 PM · Mar 20, 2020
Full article at National Post
   Conrad Black: Getting a handle on COVID-19's economic fallout
The consequences of forcing everyone to self-quarantine could take years to heal. Tax relief won’t work with people and companies who aren’t making any money, and direct payments to the whole population, as is envisioned in the U.S., is a bit of a blunderbuss

The coronavirus crisis is complicated by the unusual state of panic that has possessed much of the world, and by the somewhat divergent concerns and goals of those addressing the medical questions and those trying to cope with the economic damage. The national American political media, in their hostility to the president in an election year, and before the proportions of the pandemic were clear, fanned the fires of public hysteria. At the same time, the Chinese government and media (the second is a branch of the first) first dissembled and lied about the virus and are now engaged in an immense work of fabricated myth-making. For two or three weeks, the spread of the virus in China appeared to be completely uncontainable and the U.S. administration was trying to damp down concern in a manner that seemed somewhat cavalier.  ...
It's hard to copy and paste from the site - please click on link. He says the virus may end up being contained, but at too great an economic cost.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #535 on: March 22, 2020, 03:49:29 pm »
This is no time to celebrate.   happy77

I know you want to blame the left for this, but it will never happen @Bigun .

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/world/trump-calls-for-national-unity-against-coronavirus/ar-BB11layX

Trump calls for national unity against coronavirus

"It's been a great thing to see... getting along with Democrats, getting along with Republicans," said Trump.
"There's been a lot of spirit with things happening that I haven't seen in almost three and a half years."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/gop-governor-group-pauses-political-attacks-amid-coronavirus-while-democrats-continue

GOP governor group pauses political attacks amid coronavirus while Democrats continue

“The RGA is not engaging in any digital or email fundraising or any negative political communications at this time,” RGA spokeswoman Amelia Chasse Alcivar confirmed Friday. “We are not using the COVID-19 crisis to attack our opponents.”

https://twitter.com/GOP/status/1241726343915679751

GOP @GOP
Congress The Trump Administration’s response to the virus has been praised by Democrat Governors from Washington, California, & New York—Americans' safety & health knows no party lines.

President Trump is working with states & communities to ensure Americans are supported in this crisis.
9:00 AM · Mar 22, 2020

I'm very proud of my President and my former party on focusing on solutions instead of hatred.

In Governor DeWine's presser yesterday two journalists tried to push the abortion issue, because elective surgeries have been postponed in Ohio, and that includes (thank the Lord!) abortions.

Both Dr. Acton and Gov. DeWine said clearly, let's not make this political and deflected the questions clearly and concisely.

The press conferences here have been far less hostile than the White House pseudo-journalists have been, but I was very glad to hear the abortion garbage shot down with both barrels.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

« Reply #536 on: March 22, 2020, 04:02:15 pm »
From a Canadian:

This Canadian doesn't think the man who boldly requested Ukraine and China investigate Hunter Biden on live television, the man who brought Turkish President Erdogan to his knees with the words "Don't be a tough guy. Don't be a fool! I'll call you later"...our AMERICAN IMPOTUS has thought this through. 

I may not have high approval of my President, and still yours too  wink777, but I'm not listenin' to no sissy-boy Justin Trudeau votin' cuck, bad mouth America.

Go back to your country, you anti-American snowflake soyboy beta-male libtard.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 04:19:46 pm by Once-Ler »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #537 on: March 22, 2020, 04:02:56 pm »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #538 on: March 22, 2020, 04:06:25 pm »
In Governor DeWine's presser yesterday two journalists tried to push the abortion issue, because elective surgeries have been postponed in Ohio, and that includes (thank the Lord!) abortions.

Both Dr. Acton and Gov. DeWine said clearly, let's not make this political and deflected the questions clearly and concisely.

The press conferences here have been far less hostile than the White House pseudo-journalists have been, but I was very glad to hear the abortion garbage shot down with both barrels.

A silver lining.  Thanks for pointing it out @musiclady I had not even gotten to thinking about that.  Maybe the start of a baby boom.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #539 on: March 22, 2020, 04:11:55 pm »
A silver lining.  Thanks for pointing it out @musiclady I had not even gotten to thinking about that.  Maybe the start of a baby boom.

Indeed!  I would wish for abortions as "elective surgeries" to end for the forseeable future.

God is clearly still in control here, and this may be the best thing to happen because of this unseen enemy we are fighting.  The Enemy may be thwarted for a time!

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

« Reply #540 on: March 22, 2020, 04:18:38 pm »
BREAKING NEWS: Protein Spike Attached to Horseshoe Bat Coronavirus Indicates Covid-19 is Man Made

I'm sure not discounting that possibility.

You sure know how to pick them. 

The author of this article is Jenna Luché-Thayer. 35+ years working globally on the rights of the marginalized. Former Senior Advisor to the United Nations and the US Government. Director, Ad Hoc Committee for Health Equity in ICD11 Borreliosis Codes. Founder, Global Network on Institutional Discrimination, Inc

WTF

Alex Jones has a better pedigree

Offline DB

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #542 on: March 22, 2020, 04:26:25 pm »
The truth must be weeded out.

If it's true, the implications are staggering.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Israeli doctor in Italy: We no longer help those over 60
« Reply #543 on: March 22, 2020, 04:32:12 pm »
https://www.jpost.com/International/Israeli-doctor-in-Italy-We-no-longer-help-those-over-60-621856

Israeli medical doctor Gai Peleg told Israeli television that in northern Italy the orders are not to allow those over 60 access to respiratory machines.
By JERUSALEM POST STAFF
MARCH 22, 2020 09:21

Italy suffered more coronavirus-related victims than China with 4,825 confirmed deaths and 5,000 confirmed patients in the last 24 hours, Channel 12 reported on Sunday.

Israeli doctor Gai Peleg, who is currently working to save lives in Parma, Italy, told Channel 12 that things are only getting worse as the number of patients keeps growing.

Peleg said that, from what he sees and hears in the hospital, the instructions are not to offer access to artificial respiratory machines to patients over 60 as such machines are limited in number. 

Israel is currently purchasing thousands of respiratory machines, and they are meant to arrive in the country by mid-May. On Saturday, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that Israel is using every means it has to secure medical equipment to help patients during the pandemic.

More at URL above...

Offline DB

Re: Israeli doctor in Italy: We no longer help those over 60
« Reply #544 on: March 22, 2020, 04:36:43 pm »
https://www.jpost.com/International/Israeli-doctor-in-Italy-We-no-longer-help-those-over-60-621856

Israeli medical doctor Gai Peleg told Israeli television that in northern Italy the orders are not to allow those over 60 access to respiratory machines.
By JERUSALEM POST STAFF

Italy suffered more coronavirus-related victims than China with 4,825 confirmed deaths and 5,000 confirmed patients in the last 24 hours, Channel 12 reported on Sunday.

Israeli doctor Gai Peleg, who is currently working to save lives in Parma, Italy, told Channel 12 that things are only getting worse as the number of patients keeps growing.

Peleg said that, from what he sees and hears in the hospital, the instructions are not to offer access to artificial respiratory machines to patients over 60 as such machines are limited in number. 

Israel is currently purchasing thousands of respiratory machines, and they are meant to arrive in the country by mid-May. On Saturday, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that Israel is using every means it has to secure medical equipment to help patients during the pandemic.

More at URL above...

That's pretty awful.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #545 on: March 22, 2020, 04:41:49 pm »
That's pretty awful.

Yes, it is.  Deliberately letting people die because they achieved X number of trips around Sol is cold as all get-out.  You can bet the Governor of a Province that's 75 will get the treatments.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

« Reply #546 on: March 22, 2020, 05:20:35 pm »
8black day

Offline Idiot

« Reply #547 on: March 22, 2020, 05:42:32 pm »
If it's true, the implications are staggering.
Yeah but our leaders and leaders around the world are hoping and praying this is not true.  How would we possibly confront them...war?

Offline Idiot

« Reply #548 on: March 22, 2020, 05:44:18 pm »

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF

More at URL above...
Kind of like abortion, but in reverse....  Kill the children and let the older adults die.  God help us.....

Offline musiclady

« Reply #549 on: March 22, 2020, 05:49:00 pm »
Kind of like abortion, but in reverse....  Kill the children and let the older adults die.  God help us.....

It’s the game plan of the early 20th century progressives being carried out by the 21st century progressives.

Population control by abortion and eugenics.....