Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 64289 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« on: March 10, 2020, 01:51:58 am »
Two-week isolation ordered for all who enter Israel
There are now 50 people diagnosed with coronavirus in Israel.
By MAAYAN JAFFE-HOFFMAN   MARCH 10, 2020 00:15

All people entering Israel from abroad will be required to spend 14 days in home isolation, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Monday. The measure became effective at 8 p.m. Monday night.

“After a day of complex discussions, we have made a decision: Whoever arrives in Israel from abroad will enter quarantine for 14 days,” Netanyahu said in a video statement Monday as 50 Israelis were diagnosed with coronavirus. “This is a difficult decision but it is essential to maintaining public health, which takes precedence over everything.

The message came less than an hour after Israel’s Health Ministry announced that three more people were diagnosed with coronavirus: patients No. 40, 41 and 42. It also came two hours before patients No. 43 through 50 were announced.

“This decision will be in effect for two weeks,” he continued. “At the same time, we will make decisions to safeguard the Israeli economy.”

more
https://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/Israeli-diagnosis-two-more-people-with-coronavirus-patients-40-and-41-620347
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 11:46:42 am by TomSea »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 11:57:38 am »
The Big Wobble by Gary Walton 3/10/2020

Twenty-seven people have died from methanol poisoning in Iran after rumours that drinking alcohol can help cure the novel coronavirus infection: 218 people had been hospitalised there after being poisoned

Twenty-seven people have died from methanol poisoning in Iran after rumours that drinking alcohol can help cure the novel coronavirus infection, state news agency IRNA reported on Monday. The outbreak of the virus in the Islamic republic is one of the deadliest outside China, where the disease originated. Twenty have died in the southwestern province of Khuzestan and seven in the northern region of Alborz after consuming bootleg alcohol, IRNA said.

Drinking alcohol is banned in Iran for everyone except for some non-Muslim religious minorities. Local media regularly report on lethal cases of poisoning caused by bootleg liquor. A spokesman for Jundishapur medical university in Ahvaz, the capital of Khuzestan, said 218 people had been hospitalised there after being poisoned. The poisonings were caused by "rumours that drinking alcohol can be effective in treating coronavirus," Ali Ehsanpour said. The deputy prosecutor of Alborz, Mohammad Aghayari, told IRNA the dead had drunk methanol after being "misled by content online, thinking they were fighting coronavirus and curing it

"If ingested in large quantities, methanol can cause blindness, liver damage and death. Iran has been scrambling to contain the spread of the COVID-19 illness which has hit all of the country's 31 provinces, killing 237 people and infecting 7,161. According to IRNA, 16 out of 69 confirmed cases have died of coronavirus infection in Khuzestan as of Sunday.

More http://www.thebigwobble.org/2020/03/twenty-seven-people-have-died-from.html

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 01:09:44 pm »
And this region of the world was supposed to be the birthplace of civilization? (Iran, Iraq, Egypt, etc.)

I guess they don't have warning labels on Wood Alcohol in Iran.   :thud:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 01:20:08 pm »
Pffft...  Tide pods do the trick.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 02:48:54 pm »
Let me get this straight....

Consuming alcohol in violation of the teachings of the Prophet
( AKA: in defiance of allah, )
is going to keep them healthy?

Someone is really asking for their god to get them for that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2020, 03:09:25 pm »

Yes, I'd love to hear how the Imams square that circle.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2020, 04:43:22 pm »

That's why they're drinking methanol instead of fireball whiskey.  Alcohol is a disinfectant so I'm safe from the Trumpvirus but drinking methanol will kill people on it's own.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2020, 05:08:11 pm »
"If ingested in large quantities, methanol can cause blindness, liver damage and death."

But it'll still get you druuuuuuunk!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2020, 05:20:08 pm »
Given the role of tourism in the Israeli economy, that's a pretty serious decision.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 11:47:23 am by TomSea »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2020, 05:20:18 pm »

It strikes me as likely being a pretty crappy buzz....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2020, 05:58:16 pm »
It strikes me as likely being a pretty crappy buzz....
I think the hangover might be just a bit excessive...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mortarman

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2020, 08:39:53 pm »
Jus' goes to show, ignorant savages can't hold their liquor.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2020, 08:45:11 pm »
Just warm it and drink.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2020, 10:01:42 pm »
Not just drunk but blind stinking drunk!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2020, 10:35:07 pm »
I guess they don't have warning labels on Wood Alcohol in Iran.   :thud:

I reckon it's hard to make a good corn mash if you don't grow corn.   :whistle:

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2020, 10:57:55 pm »
I reckon it's hard to make a good corn mash if you don't grow corn.   :whistle:
But anyone can be taught to grow corn. How hard is it? Just dig a hole, put the seed in, water it, and up comes corn... (Or so we have been told) 22222frying pan

Yes, Virginia, that WAS sarcasm.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2020, 11:33:52 pm »
But anyone can be taught to grow corn. How hard is it? Just dig a hole, put the seed in, water it, and up comes corn... (Or so we have been told) 22222frying pan

Yes, Virginia, that WAS sarcasm.

Yeah... but you need dirt.  :whistle:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2020, 12:56:16 am »

Why do farmers need to grow corn when they can just buy it at the store?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2020, 02:33:44 pm »
Why do farmers need to grow corn when they can just buy it at the store?
@Hoodat
Worth a morning chuckle.  thanx

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2020, 04:16:10 pm »

Health

What The Rest Of The World Can Learn From Taiwan’s Success Containing Coronavirus
At this critical period when the publicly feared coronavirus is amplifying in numbers worldwide, it’s clear the Taiwanese government has done something right in its containment measures.

By Helen Raleigh
March 11, 2020

By any measure, Taiwan should have been the second-hardest-hit area of the coronavirus outbreak outside mainland China. Taiwan is less than 100 miles away from mainland China and receives an estimated 3 million mainland tourists annually. Furthermore, more than 1 million Taiwanese travel to mainland China each year.

The expansive travel volume across the Taiwan strait reached its peak during the recent lunar New Year celebration in January, as it always has. Yet this densely populated island of 23 million people has only 44 confirmed cases of the virus to date, and just one death so far.

Taiwan hasn’t experienced the need to cancel schools nor lock down major cities. At this critical period when the publicly feared coronavirus is amplifying in numbers worldwide, it’s clear the Taiwanese government has done something right in its containment measures.

How did Taiwan do it? The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) published recent findings crediting the Taiwanese government with recognizing the crisis early. Taiwan took swift and decisive actions, while Beijing and the World Health Organization (WHO) were busy downplaying the risks.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/11/what-the-rest-of-the-world-can-learn-from-taiwans-success-containing-coronavirus/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline thackney

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2020, 04:50:00 pm »
good article
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2020, 05:25:05 pm »
1. New Year is a major travel time, in Taiwan as well as China, as the article notes.

2. Immediately before that was a great deal more travel into Taiwan, as people with jobs in other countries went to Taiwan to vote in the recent election. (Including several of my coworkers).

3. There are many large international Taiwanese businesses that have facilities and/or work with contract manufacturers in China, including in the Wuhan area.

4. There is a LOT of business travel in and out of Taiwan.

So while Taiwan is much smaller than China, they have handled a lot of risk factors rather well, at times when information was VERY incomplete.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline DB

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2020, 05:44:05 pm »
1. New Year is a major travel time, in Taiwan as well as China, as the article notes.

2. Immediately before that was a great deal more travel into Taiwan, as people with jobs in other countries went to Taiwan to vote in the recent election. (Including several of my coworkers).

3. There are many large international Taiwanese businesses that have facilities and/or work with contract manufacturers in China, including in the Wuhan area.

4. There is a LOT of business travel in and out of Taiwan.

So while Taiwan is much smaller than China, they have handled a lot of risk factors rather well, at times when information was VERY incomplete.

They didn't believe China's reporting is a key element. They acted in spite of the lies coming from China and their proxy the WHO. I would also guess Taiwan has a lot more knowledge of what goes on inside China's communist party than anyone outside the Taiwanese government is allowed to know.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2020, 05:44:23 pm »
As soon as Taiwan officials heard the news Dec. 31, however, they refused to take any chances. Based on their past experiences of dealing with another deadly virus outbreak, SARS, they took action the same day. According to JAMA, “Taiwanese officials began to board planes and assess passengers on direct flights from Wuhan for fever and pneumonia symptoms before passengers could deplane.”
Like the rest of the world, Taiwan wasn’t notified either, but the lack of information didn’t prevent it from taking further action. On that same day (January 5th), the Taiwan government expanded its health checks to include “any individual who had traveled to Wuhan in the past 14 days and had a fever or symptoms of upper respiratory tract infection at the point of entry; suspected cases were screened for 26 viruses including SARS and Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS). Passengers displaying symptoms of fever and coughing were quarantined at home and assessed whether medical attention at a hospital was necessary.”

The US started screening passengers arriving from China on January 17th.

While Taiwan could not rely on Beijing to provide timely and accurate information, it also received little help from the WHO. The WHO bowed to Beijing’s demand in stripping Taiwan’s access to the WHO since 2016. The Wall Street Journal reported, “The WHO has held two emergency meetings since the coronavirus outbreak. Taiwan wasn’t permitted to attend, despite its proximity to China and its handful of confirmed cases.” Consequently, “Taiwan often must rely on secondhand information relayed by friendly governments and nongovernmental organizations” to manage its response.

... On Jan. 20, three days before Beijing decided to lock down Wuhan and three other major cities comprised of 60 million residents, and 10 days before the WHO declared the coronavirus outbreak a public-health emergency of international concern, the Taiwanese public health agency officially activated the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC). The CECC was established during the SARS outbreak in 2003, and one of its main responsibilities is to coordinate viral-containment efforts through various governmental agencies.

The CECC’s swift actions included imposing travel bans of Wuhan residents as early as Jan. 23 ...

Reading deeply - and possibly incorrectly - between the lines, I suspect Taiwan got information directly from China, unfiltered by bureaucratic CYA. Meanwhile WHO's information and guidance reflected passage through that bureaucratic filtering. That is important context to the 12 days between when Taiwan started screening arriving passengers and when the US started doing so.

The US started refusing entry to foreign nationals arriving from China on February 2nd.

IMO, while the US should continue to receive info from and communicate info to WHO, the US should also get info directly from outbreak areas. Too many countries' governments do CYA and/or have very incomplete info themselves.

Offline DB

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2020, 05:48:43 pm »
Taiwan likely has people on the ground inside China who report back to Taiwan. So they were far less dependent on the official Chinese channels of disinformation.

We should have known better too.