Author Topic: American Airlines mechanic sentenced to three years for tampering with plane in Miami  (Read 808 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Miami Herald by Jay Weaver 3/4/2020

American Airlines mechanic sentenced to three years for tampering with plane in Miami

An American Airlines mechanic convicted of sabotaging a navigation system on a Miami flight with 150 passengers aboard was sentenced to three years in prison Wednesday after a legal debate over whether he “recklessly” or “intentionally” endangered the safety of the aircraft.

Abdul-Majeed Marouf Ahmed Alani, 60, who pleaded guilty in December to tampering with the aircraft before takeoff last summer at Miami International Airport, received the benefit of a “reckless” finding by U.S. District Judge Marcia Cooke. It was based on an agreement between his defense attorney and federal prosecutors.

Had the judge found that his tampering with the plane’s guidance system was intended to bring it down, Alani could have been sent to prison for two to three times longer under federal sentencing guidelines.

More: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article240876846.html

Offline mountaineer

No terrorism charges. *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
No terrorism charges. *****rollingeyes*****

Rayciss!   How can you associate somebody named Abdul-Majeed Marouf Ahmed Alani with terrorism? 888mouth
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Idiot

Rayciss!   How can you associate somebody named Abdul-Majeed Marouf Ahmed Alani with terrorism? 888mouth
Sure makes one want to fly.

Offline skeeter

Roger Stone gets more time.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Roger Stone gets more time.

@skeeter

Nice Avatar!  Celebrating your 16 Thousandth post?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline PeteS in CA

"Beyond a reasonable doubt" is a very high burden of proof. It may simply be that the prosecutors did not believe they could prove a terrorism charge to that standard. And a failed over-charge attempt could result in sympathy for the defendant leading to no convictions at all.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"Beyond a reasonable doubt" is a very high burden of proof. It may simply be that the prosecutors did not believe they could prove a terrorism charge to that standard. And a failed over-charge attempt could result in sympathy for the defendant leading to no convictions at all.

And this Prosecutor wasn't blessed with having Amy Berman Jackson for a Judge.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

Nice Avatar!  Celebrating your 16 Thousandth post?

I felt there needed to be face to go with the words.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I felt there needed to be face to go with the words.

I likes it! 333cleo 333cleo 333cleo 333cleo
I will NOT comply.