Author Topic: Ex-inspector general at U.S. Department of Homeland Security indicted for stealing government proper  (Read 970 times)

Online corbe

Ex-inspector general at U.S. Department of Homeland Security indicted for stealing government property

By Sarah N. Lynch 6 hrs ago

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's former top watchdog, tasked with rooting out waste, fraud and abuse, was indicted on Friday on charges he plotted to steal the government's proprietary software and confidential databases to boost his private business, the Justice Department said.

The indictment charges Charles K. Edwards, 59, who served as the acting inspector general at DHS from 2011 to 2013, as well as one of his subordinates, Murali Yamazula Venkata, with conspiracy to commit theft of government property and to defraud the United States, theft of government property, wire fraud and aggravated identity theft.

Venkata, 54, also was charged with destroying records.

Reuters could not immediately identify attorneys representing the two.

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ex-inspector-general-at-us-department-of-homeland-security-indicted-for-stealing-government-property/ar-BB10Qscz?ocid=spartanntp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Obama’s Homeland Security IG Indicted on Theft of Government Property, Wire Fraud and Scheme to Defraud US Govt

Gateway Pundit by Cristina Laila March 6, 2020

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/03/obamas-homeland-security-ig-indicted-on-theft-of-government-property-wire-fraud-and-scheme-to-defraud-us-govt/

Obama’s Acting Homeland Security Inspector General and his subordinate were indicted on 16 counts of theft and fraud, the Justice Department announced on Friday.

“The indictment charges Charles K. Edwards, 59, of Sandy Spring, Maryland, and Murali Yamazula Venkata, 54, of Aldie, Virginia, with conspiracy to commit theft of government property and to defraud the United States, theft of government property, wire fraud, and aggravated identity theft. The indictment also charges Venkata with destruction of records.”

The charges allege that in addition to stealing government software and databases, Venkata helped Edwards by reconfiguring his laptop so that he could upload the stolen software.

More at link.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Impossible.  Many news reader agree O'Bastard's Administration didn't have even one smidgen of scandal.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If found guilty,nothing less than the maximum sentence is appropriate.

In fact,they shouldn't even be offered a plea bargain. Full trial and full sentence if found guilty.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

The Justice Department said that from October 2014 to April 2017, Edward and Venkata plotted to steal the software used by the inspector general's office at DHS, along with databases containing highly sensitive personal information about employees at DHS, as well as the U.S. Postal Service.

Folks at DU have seized on the end date of this scam to blame Trump. IMO, the end date suggests that Trump's people detected and put the kibosh on the scam.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Folks at DU have seized on the end date of this scam to blame Trump. IMO, the end date suggests that Trump's people detected and put the kibosh on the scam.

@PeteS in CA

True,but it doesn't really matter who was president at the time it began because unless they were getting a cut of the take,the President had nothing to do with it.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@PeteS in CA

True,but it doesn't really matter who was president at the time it began because unless they were getting a cut of the take,the President had nothing to do with it.

@sneakypete

Since when has that mattered to the Rats and antis? 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Since when has that mattered to the Rats and antis?

@Cyber Liberty

Point taken.

Still,SOMEBODY has to try to retain some integrity standards,so we are the only ones left who are able to do so.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Hold it, I thought you couldn't charge a democrat in Washington because the jurys were so liberal they would never convict them.... Thus why Hillary could not be charged...

Which is it ? @PeteS in CA
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 07:13:29 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Impossible.  Many news reader agree O'Bastard's Administration didn't have even one smidgen of scandal.

More like a tsunami of scandal before it's all said and done!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Cyber Liberty

Well,nothing that couldn't be settled with a "Beer Conference",anyhow.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@Cyber Liberty

Well,nothing that couldn't be settled with a "Beer Conference",anyhow.

Along with MANY three-man teams of government officials (Two to hold up the rug while the other swept it under!)
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

Hold it, I thought you couldn't charge a democrat in Washington because the jurys were so liberal they would never convict them.... Thus why Hillary could not be charged...

Which is it ? @PeteS in CA

@Sighlass, where have I made that claim? I do not remember having done so, got a link? Perhaps you are confusing me with another member?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Online corbe

That was @ArneFufkin who stated that @Sighlass I think
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline PeteS in CA

I remember someone having made such a comment, probably in discussion of the Roger Stone trial. I did comment in that context, but only about the jury foreman who demonstrated her prejudice and about the judge, who disallowed challenges of potential jurors in spite of valid reasons to believe those potential jurors were prejudiced.

FWIW, I did a search on "jury" and "juries" in posts by me in the past 99 days to check my memory.

Online corbe

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Sighlass, where have I made that claim? I do not remember having done so, got a link? Perhaps you are confusing me with another member?

I said that too.  And we're talking Indictment right now.  I still doubt a DeeCee left-wing jury pool will convict.
I will NOT comply.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

@PeteS in CA

I own you an apology then ... I think I had a Biden moment.  Thanks @corbe for putting me back on track also.

If there is no justice left in corrupt Washington... I see no reason why to keep the country afloat. It is time for civil war and it is probable past due.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@PeteS in CA

I own you an apology then ... I think I had a Biden moment.  Thanks @corbe for putting me back on track also.

If there is no justice left in corrupt Washington... I see no reason why to keep the country afloat. It is time for civil war and it is probable past due.

The knife was held by many hands, @Sighlass.  It's like Murder on the Orient Express.   :tongue2:

Seriously, there is no justice to be had in DeeCee, and these cases should be the subject of Changes in Venue.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I said that too.  And we're talking Indictment right now.  I still doubt a DeeCee left-wing jury pool will convict.

@Cyber Liberty

I really would like to argue with that,but............