Author Topic: Pioneer City County Museum Director: ‘I hope every single one . . . that votes republican, dies toda  (Read 930 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Pioneer City County Museum Director: ‘I hope every single one . . . that votes republican, dies today’
Sweetwater

Emergency Board of Directors meeting taking place Friday

by: Erica Garner
Posted: Mar 5, 2020 / 03:37 PM CST   / Updated: Mar 5, 2020 / 07:02 PM CST   

NOLAN COUNTY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – The Pioneer City County Museum Board of Directors is holding an emergency meeting after the museum’s director made a social media post saying all republicans should die.

During voting for primary elections on Super Tuesday, director Melonnie Hicks made a post to her personal Facebook page that reads, “I hope every single one of you pieces of s*** that votes republican, dies today.”

A screenshot of the post has since gone viral, getting thousands of shares from across the country.

Hicks posted an apology to her personal Facebook a few hours after the original post, but both posts have since been removed.

more
https://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/sweetwater/pioneer-city-county-museum-director-i-hope-every-single-one-that-votes-republican-dies-today/
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 02:53:16 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GrouchoTex

Nolan county is west of Abilene, and quite rural.
The total population is 14,993 as of 2016.
The last time this county voted blue in a presidential election was 1996, Clinton's re-election.
In 2012 and 2016, it voted over 70% red.
Melonnie Hick has most likely just lost her job.
Yet as conservatives, we tend to be more church-going Christians, they may forgive her.....

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
She seems like a pleasant enough woman.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline GrouchoTex

She seems like a pleasant enough woman.

LOL, right?

The good old "She seems nice".

:cool:

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
What is it with unhinged women in politics these days? Unreal!
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline skeeter

It's hard to fathom how much hate (or stupidity) it would take to override the natural instincts for professional survival. Having seen so many brainstems ruin their careers with intemperate remarks on social media.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Liberals do not tolerate 'debate'.
They do not want to 'change your point of view'.
If you disagree with anything they believe they want you DEAD.
To a Liberal there is no difference of opinion.
You are either 'with them' or 'against them'. There is no middle ground.
And if they had the power to round up every conservative non-believer in America
and herd them into gas chambers, they would do it in one second, because they are the new fascists.
They have no morals or ethics to hinder them. The agenda is all that matters.
The agenda is more important than 'right to life' for anyone, not just abortion.
The agenda is supreme above everything else on Earth, to a Liberal.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

There's a shocking number of people (mostly young) in this country who seem completely devoid of tolerance, compassion, empathy or moral fibre. Almost like we have a few generations of sociopaths. I'm sure it's just coincidental that Gens x, y and z grew up essentially unchurched.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
There's a shocking number of people (mostly young) in this country who seem completely devoid of tolerance, compassion, empathy or moral fibre. Almost like we have a few generations of sociopaths. I'm sure it's just coincidental that Gens x, y and z grew up essentially unchurched.
Lock the Almighty out of the schools early on, reinforce that with "survival of the fittest", a go-zillion movies and music videos proclaiming the idea that life is cheap, and you, too, can have generations of sociopaths.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GrouchoTex

I have seen some glimmers of hope.
When some of these people get out in the real world, they get fired once or twice, and then it sinks in for them.
Their bosses can have an entirely different opinion than they do, and they can learn quickly that the boss doesn't really care how you feel about things, as long as there are results.
It is a shame that no one at the academic level tells them this beforehand.
Parents can, but most kids won't lisen, unless someone other than their parents tell them.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
They have been brainwashed by "educators" and media and dems, to observe

--Post modernism

--Identity politics

--Cancel culture

--Intersectualism

A bunch of grievance related BS, pushed by far-leftist academics.

--Worst ranking goes to white, hetersexual males.

After them, almost everybody else falls into a mistreated category of some type.

Hence many are angrey, entitled, bitchy, pink/blue hair and piercings, over pasty flab.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Idiot

I heard on the news tonight that she got fired today.  This is in my backyard.

Offline Hoodat

What 1860 slave owner is she quoting?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Sweetwater museum director who said she hopes ‘every single one . . . that votes republican, dies today’ resigns

Erica Garner     |     Updated: Mar 6, 2020 / 05:38 PM CST

SWEETWATER, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – The Pioneer City County Museum director who made a social media post saying all republicans should die has resigned from her position.

Melonnie Hicks formally submitted her resignation to board members Friday, effective as of 5:00 p.m.

Her resignation comes three days after she made a post to personal Facebook page during primary elections that reads, “I hope every single one of you pieces of s*** that votes republican, dies today.”

https://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/sweetwater/sweetwater-museum-director-who-said-she-hopes-every-single-one-that-votes-republican-dies-today-resigns/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

Hopefully the door hit her where the Good Lord split her, hard, fast, and continually.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline musiclady

Amen to that!

They have no framework for any form of morality, decency or self-control.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Sweetwater museum director who said she hopes ‘every single one . . . that votes republican, dies today’ resigns

Erica Garner     |     Updated: Mar 6, 2020 / 05:38 PM CST

SWEETWATER, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – The Pioneer City County Museum director who made a social media post saying all republicans should die has resigned from her position.

Melonnie Hicks formally submitted her resignation to board members Friday, effective as of 5:00 p.m.

Her resignation comes three days after she made a post to personal Facebook page during primary elections that reads, “I hope every single one of you pieces of s*** that votes republican, dies today.”

https://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/sweetwater/sweetwater-museum-director-who-said-she-hopes-every-single-one-that-votes-republican-dies-today-resigns/

She shouldn’t have had the chance to resign.

She needs a big fat black mark on her record.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

What is it with unhinged women in politics these days? Unreal!
We certainly could use more conservative women in politics.

They are few.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Here's the local paper
Sweetwater Museum Director Should Keep Her Job Even if She Wants Republicans to Die
e shouldn’t fall into the trap of the “Cancel Culture” invented by woke liberals and fire the museum director in Sweetwater even if she wanted all Republican voters to die.

“I hope every single one of you pieces of sh** that votes republican, dies today,” read her post on Facebook published on election day.

Melonnie Hicks was having a really bad day, she said. “I was really mad at Republicans for voting against health care since my options today are die or go into debt to see the doctor,” she explained the next day in a post.

Hicks is the director at Sweetwater’s Pioneer City County Museum where she performs the mission to preserve the heritage of Nolan County and the City of Sweetwater. There, visitors can see “Judge Ragland’s Garage.” The museum is housed in Judge R.A. Ragland’s mansion that opened there to the public in 1976. Ragland (1858-1938) served two terms as district judge in Sweetwater and before that he was the Nolan County Attorney. He also owned a bank. When his bank failed during the Great Depression, the judge sold all of his land holdings to pay the failed bank’s debts. He died penniless in 1938.

Today, many want Miss Hicks to die penniless, too. They want her fired from the museum for expressing frustration on Facebook about Super Tuesday’s primary election where most of her fellow Nolan County citizens voted for Republicans.

Other than the Facebook post, it appears Hicks is an outstanding museum director. She’s informed and a book author about her charge - the history of Nolan County and Sweetwater. Who else will Nolan County find with as much knowledge of the museum’s mission than Hicks?

Hicks along with Betty Turner researched Sweetwater’s history for their book written in 2014 titled “Images of Sweetwater.”

You can read more about the Nolan County’s penniless judge in excepts on Google Books.

I’m a Republican and I don’t in the least bit feel threatened by Hick’s off-the-cuff comment on Facebook wishing that I die. I know Facebook is driven by creating engagement that produces long visits and lots of eyeballs on its advertisements. Facebook evokes strong emotions to keep its users scrolling. The easiest emotion to incite is anger, and Facebook’s algorithm is quite good at turning calm and peaceful people into raging lunatics. Hicks was spending too much time on Facebook and wrote something she regretted. She later explained her frustration and apologized.

Today’s “Cancel Culture” means good people are given just one strike and they are out. Public figures are shamed for Twitter posts made when they were in high school. If you gain recognition or get promoted, someone somewhere is going to “research” your old Tweets and, if public, your Facebook posts, too. Meanwhile, everyone is a victim today, even, as reaction to Hick’s post presents, Republicans are victims.

Give Miss Hicks a break. She is a valuable contributor to the preservation of history in Nolan County. One strike doesn’t mean you’re out.

I pray the museum board discards the demands of the “Cancel Culture” and Hicks keeps her job. The museum's directors meet in Sweetwater at 5:30 p.m. Friday, March 6, to decide Hicks' fate.
https://sanangelolive.com/news/live-thought/2020-03-06/sweetwater-museum-director-should-keep-her-job-even-if-she-wants
A person who wants people to die is 'outstanding', 'valuable' and 'good people'?

We have a deranged newspaper in San Angelo.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Here's the local paperA person who wants people to die is 'outstanding', 'valuable' and 'good people'?

She was such  nice girl, getting her life together, etc...

FWIW, how many people have their lives altered by a single event or action?
Especially an action they, themselves, took. Loss of a job is one of those alterations, and relatively minor compared to the full range of consequences which can befall one in life.
 Perhaps now she can pursue employment with a better health plan.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Here's the local paperA person who wants people to die is 'outstanding', 'valuable' and 'good people'?

It's a college town what do you expect?

I hope she gets bit at the next rattlesnake roundup in Sweetwater.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline PeteS in CA

It's a college town what do you expect?

I hope she gets bit at the next rattlesnake roundup in Sweetwater.

The snake'd probably spit her out.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.