Author Topic: Trump criticizes Sessions after Alabama Senate primary heads to a runoff  (Read 481 times)

Offline corbe

Trump criticizes Sessions after Alabama Senate primary heads to a runoff

By Morgan Chalfant - 03/04/20 08:11 AM EST

President Trump criticized Republican Alabama Senate candidate Jeff Sessions early Wednesday, asserting that his former attorney general didn’t win the state's GOP primary outright because of what Trump described as Sessions's lack of “wisdom or courage” in his handling of the Russia investigation.

“This is what happens to someone who loyally gets appointed Attorney General of the United States & then doesn’t have the wisdom or courage to stare down & end the phony Russia Witch Hunt,” Trump tweeted, just hours after news broke that Tuesday’s Senate primary in Alabama would advance to a runoff between Sessions and former Auburn football coach Tommy Tuberville.

“Recuses himself on FIRST DAY in office, and the Mueller Scam begins!” Trump added.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/485879-trump-criticizes-sessions-after-alabama-senate-primary-heads-to-a
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What evah. *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

Trump is such an ass.  Let it go, man.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Obviously, he should have picked differently for AG.... but who ever thought Sessions would have bowed so easily? Still, Sessions was being honest for himself but he bent over backwards in doing so, he was too sensitive.  Too ethical.

Should have been Chris Christie:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/christie-warned-trump-russia-investigation/story?id=60674276

As He says at the video above, Trump stole some of Chris' shtick.

Offline kevindavis007

I don't think Sessions cares to win. I think he was running to stop Moore.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Snarknado

• Anti

Mueller totally exonerated Trump. Sessions' recusal may have given Mueller far more latitude than warranted, but it also forestalled any possible criticism of the legitimacy of the investigation or its findings. At the time the recusal was a source of frustration but at this point I just don't see what can be gained by continuing to harp on it.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Applewood

I don't think Sessions cares to win. I think he was running to stop Moore.

I think Moore may have stopped himself.  Maybe some voters still suspect of him of that MeToo nonsense, but I think Moore's problem is that he's just not that appealing of a candidate.  He's an odd duck and while being "off" might help some candidates, it just doesn't go over so well for others. 

I defended the guy when all those accusations started, but if I lived in Alabama, I wouldn't vote for him.