Author Topic: Texas Democrats brace for a Not-So-Super Tuesday  (Read 604 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Democrats brace for a Not-So-Super Tuesday
« on: March 01, 2020, 06:36:16 pm »
Houston Chronicle by Erica Grieder Feb. 29, 2020

Democratic leaders in Texas and across the country are bracing for a Not-So-Super Tuesday. And on Friday, talking to early voters at the Metropolitan Multi-Service Center on West Gray, it was easy to see why.

A new poll from the University of Houston showed Sanders in a virtual tie with Biden here in Texas, a state that has traditionally served as a moderate counterweight to more liberal states. With four candidates battling it out for the centrist vote, though, Sanders could still wind up on top, especially if he continues to draw strong Latino support

Even if Sanders can beat Trump by winning Midwestern states such as Wisconsin and Michigan, the theory goes, his nomination might yield a down-ballot disaster in states like Texas.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/columnists/grieder/article/Texas-Democrats-brace-for-a-Not-So-Super-Tuesday-15093830.php

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Texas Democrats brace for a Not-So-Super Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 07:14:03 pm »
Biden losing Texas would be a huge loss.

OTOH, all the dim rats I am seeing outside of Austin are distancing themselves from the commie bastard.  So these #'s seem odd to me.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 07:27:21 pm »

NBC/WSJ poll from last night.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 07:40:38 pm »

NBC/WSJ poll from last night.

They must be low key.  I have yet to see a Sanders sign.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 08:22:04 pm »
Me either. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 10:23:45 pm »
It's a media poll...the least reliable indicators out there.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 10:27:11 pm »

I see lots of Sanders bumper stickers in Austin.
Let it burn.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 10:34:34 pm »

...which is probably where Gallup does a lot of their polling.  I'm having a hard time believing Sanders will get California-sized majorities in Texas.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2020, 11:00:48 pm »
...which is probably where Gallup does a lot of their polling.  I'm having a hard time believing Sanders will get California-sized majorities in Texas.
Extremely old.
Extremely New York Jewish.
Extremely U.S.S.R. Soviet Union style Russia supporter.

Probably, and this is just a guess, not a good fit for Texas outside of Austin (which has become a suburb of San Francisco).
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2020, 02:21:36 pm »
It's ok.  In time we will build that wall around the city so the people there will not pollute the rest of the state.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington