Author Topic: New Research: Polar Bears’ Seal Diet Hasn’t Changed…Their Body Condition Is Best After Sea Ice Break  (Read 424 times)

rangerrebew

New Research: Polar Bears’ Seal Diet Hasn’t Changed…Their Body Condition Is Best After Sea Ice Breaks Up

By Kenneth Richard on 27. February 2020

The perspective that polar bears  are endangered by global warming because reduced sea ice limits their seal-hunting opportunities is contradicted by observations of (a) polar bears thriving (body condition) during melt season, and (b) no trends in reduced seal consumption by polar bears in the 21st century.

From the 1880s to 1940s, the Arctic’s Beaufort Sea was up to 3°C warmer than the 2000s (Durantou et al., 2012).

Consequently, during this warmer period, the region’s sea ice coverage endured over a month less (i.e., 34 fewer days of sea ice) than it does today.

Somehow the region’s polar bears managed to survive with warmer temperatures and less sea ice.

https://notrickszone.com/2020/02/27/new-research-polar-bears-seal-diet-hasnt-changed-their-body-condition-is-best-after-sea-ice-breaks-up/

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
Last night on Planet Earth, produced by BBC America, the doddering old fool, David Attenborough, announced that "by 2050, two thirds of the polar bears could be gone."

Really?  Why has their number increased from 7,000 when Al Gore was born to 30,000 today?
I looked it up.  It's not just a meme.  It's a fact.  But then again, what good for humanity do polar bears do?  They wantonly slaughter seals and seal pups but then again, killing babies is something very dear to Leftists.  They defend it with zealous anger.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 07:10:53 pm by DeerSlayer »
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist