Author Topic: Homeland Security secretary says Russian influence continues ahead of Super Tuesday  (Read 195 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Homeland Security secretary says Russian influence continues ahead of Super Tuesday

Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf warned of Russia’s ongoing influence campaign ahead of Super Tuesday’s Democratic presidential primaries, but said there is no current “credible threat” to election infrastructure.

“Russia has an ongoing influence campaign to sow discord or distrust in our American democracy,” Wolf told CNN on Thursday while visiting a Mecklenburg County Board of Elections facility in North Carolina.

The Department of Homeland Security has said it’s warning state and local officials about fake information, fake news and misinformation campaigns put out by Russia this primary season.

“We’re trying to provide as much information not only to state and local election officials, but to the voters themselves,” Wolf said. “I keep saying that federal government, we don’t run elections. We try to push as much information, tools, resources, to the local elections officials.”

https://abc17news.com/news/politics/national-politics/2020/02/27/homeland-security-secretary-says-russian-influence-continues-ahead-of-super-tuesday/

Thats good information.  I would say you wouldn't want to schedule a meeting with Russians or Russsian goons because they might give you fake news.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.