Author Topic: TRIGGERED: NY Times Columnist Gail Collins Calls Coronavirus ‘Trumpvirus’  (Read 639 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/gabriel-hays/2020/02/27/so-triggered-nyt-op-ed-calls-coronavirus-trumpvirus

TRIGGERED: NY Times Columnist Gail Collins Calls Coronavirus ‘Trumpvirus’

One New York Times Op-ed decided to defy all sense and call the potential pandemic the “Trumpvirus.” No kidding.

New York Times Opinion writer Gail Collins penned 2020’s most Trump-triggered op-ed yet, titled, “Let’s Call It Trumpvirus.” The lede did an even better job of summing up the current state of the far-left’s psychology: “If you’re feeling awful, you know who to blame.” Wow and there it is. If the left were able to write their own account of Exodus’s “Ten Plagues,” Trump would be one of them.

The Katrina-ization of Covid-19 continues, as anticipated.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What took them so long.... :pop41:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You guys are ignoring reality.
150 million Americans have DIED! They're DEAD! because of this Trump Virus!
It's going to kill us ALL! If Climate Change doesn't get us first.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline PeteS in CA

Is that the same 150M killed by gun violence since 2007? Killed a second time?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yeah, all those people died when the world ended in 2012, too!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

I remember when the Democrats and the press were trying to blame Ronald Reagan for the HIV virus so this isn’t anything new
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

I remember when the Democrats and the press were trying to blame Ronald Reagan for the HIV virus so this isn’t anything new
Would those be the same Democrats that raised Hell when they tried to shut down the bathhouses?

Seems some folks are real good at causing a problem, if not a real crisis, inflating it to crisis proportions, and then swooping in and pointing fingers.

THis whole crashing economy thing (market panic selloff, anyone?) reeks of what happened to Bush, if you think about it. Lock in your gains now, and buy back in when the market bottoms out. But there is money to be made in panic, the lower it goes, the richer some folks will get off it.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The New York Times?
Who reads that any more...?

Offline Smokin Joe

The New York Times?
Who reads that any more...?
Budgies, Finches, Cockatiels, Parrots...

It's right there in the bottom of the birdcage.

(The fish are dead, so they can't read much).

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Tom Cotton
@SenTomCotton
I called for a travel ban on January 28.

“Experts” said it would backfire.

Now, those same experts admit it saved lives. The president did the right thing by acting decisively.

https://twitter.com/SenTomCotton/status/1233566417938722816

Cotton cited this article by the same NY Times:

To Take On the Coronavirus, Go Medieval on It

Quarantines and restrictive measures served a purpose in the old days. They can now, too.

There are two ways to fight epidemics: the medieval and the modern.

The modern way is to surrender to the power of the pathogens: Acknowledge that they are unstoppable and to try to soften the blow with 20th-century inventions, including new vaccines, antibiotics, hospital ventilators and thermal cameras searching for people with fevers.

The medieval way, inherited from the era of the Black Death, is brutal: Close the borders, quarantine the ships, pen terrified citizens up inside their poisoned cities.

More at: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/28/sunday-review/coronavirus-quarantine.html

So, a different view.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
You have to understand, those 150 million victims of gun violence were just 'mostly dead', they still had a chance if they had been gotten to Miracle Max................until that is the 'Trumpvirus' finished them off and they were 'all dead'.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Smokin Joe

Is that just "Dead" or, like, dead dead? :silly:

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

If Net Nutrality didn't get you, climate change is just a matter of adjusting your home temp circulation, unless you eat polar bear or penguin.  OTOH hotter temps mean more bunnies, and even if you don't like the taste of rabbit, many game fowl enjoy the warmer temps too.

Over-the-top, or not...j/k.. The DEFINITELY over the top suggestion that Coronavirus be called Trumpvirus is fully awesome.  It says a lot about our society.  It's not fair, but neither is slapping a new name on a big tower and accepting praise for the work of the American people.

I'm going to inject Trumpvirus in as many conversations as amuse me.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If Net Nutrality didn't get you, climate change is just a matter of adjusting your home temp circulation, unless you eat polar bear or penguin.  OTOH hotter temps mean more bunnies, and even if you don't like the taste of rabbit, many game fowl enjoy the warmer temps too.

Over-the-top, or not...j/k.. The DEFINITELY over the top suggestion that Coronavirus be called Trumpvirus is fully awesome.  It says a lot about our society.  It's not fair, but neither is slapping a new name on a big tower and accepting praise for the work of the American people.

From what I have observed the 'Trumpvirus' has been around for a few years, at least since mid 2015 and infected many many people so I don't think the name can in all honesty be applied to this infection.

Offline PeteS in CA

From what I have observed the 'Trumpvirus' has been around for a few years, at least since mid 2015 and infected many many people so I don't think the name can in all honesty be applied to this infection.

I believe Covid-19 is a newly identified member of the Corona virus "family". Hence the early name "Novel Corona Virus". The reason that Israeli pharmaceuticals company came up with a potential vaccine so quickly is that they were already using another variety of Corona virus to test a new vaccine development technology. So they tweaked what they had already developed and the result is or is about to be tested as a vaccine for Covid-19.

Offline Smokin Joe

Just don't forget the little bit in the corner "Made in China". :silly:

C S Lewis