Author Topic: Former Fed chair warns coronavirus could throw the US into recession  (Read 443 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Former Fed chair warns coronavirus could throw the US into recession
By Marty Johnson - 02/27/20 10:30 AM EST

Janet Yellen, who served as the first chairwoman of the Federal Reserve from 2014-2018, said on Wednesday that the concerning spread of the coronavirus across the world could put the U.S. economy on a path towards a recession.

"We could see a significant impact on Europe, which has been weak to start with, and it’s just conceivable that it could throw the United States into a recession,” Yellen said in Michigan, Bloomberg reports.

“If it doesn’t hit in a substantial way in the United States, that’s less likely. We had a pretty solid outlook before this happened — and there is some risk, but basically I think the U.S. outlook looks pretty good," she added.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/economy/484919-former-fed-chair-warns-coronavirus-could-throw-the-us-into-recession
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Former Fed chair warns coronavirus could throw the US into recession
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 03:50:33 pm »
The Rats must be peeing in their pants with glee...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 06:42:30 pm »
Another Obamite pushing for panic.... 9999hair out0000
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 10:56:02 pm »
Yellen is unquestionably the worst Fed Chair ever.

Anybody taking her advice is well advised to go 180 degrees from it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington