Author Topic: San Francisco declares coronavirus emergency  (Read 495 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
San Francisco declares coronavirus emergency
« on: February 27, 2020, 03:14:59 am »
American Military News by  Colleen Shalby - Los Angeles Times 2/26/2020

San Francisco Mayor London Breed has declared a local emergency amid coronavirus fears.

“Although there are still zero confirmed cases in San Francisco residents, the global picture is changing rapidly, and we need to step up preparedness,” Breed said in a statement Tuesday. “We see the virus spreading in new parts of the world every day, and we are taking the necessary steps to protect San Franciscans from harm.”

While three people have been treated for COVID-19 at San Francisco hospitals, there have been no confirmed cases of the illness in the city.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/02/san-francisco-declares-coronavirus-emergency/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: San Francisco declares coronavirus emergency
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 11:12:24 am »
If there are no confirmed cases, why are they treating three people for the virus? 

What can they do with it? (Besides put these people in isolation?)

I understand their concern, as those with compromised immune systems are at risk (HIV/AIDS, anyone?), but suddenly they are worried about this and not the sh*t in the streets, which they have plenty of, from all accounts?
I don't get it.
This sounds like a political ploy to push panic to me.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 05:34:12 pm »
If there are no confirmed cases, why are they treating three people for the virus? 

What can they do with it? (Besides put these people in isolation?)

I understand their concern, as those with compromised immune systems are at risk (HIV/AIDS, anyone?), but suddenly they are worried about this and not the sh*t in the streets, which they have plenty of, from all accounts?
I don't get it.
This sounds like a political ploy to push panic to me.

There are three international airports in the SF Bay Area; SFO and SJC have direct flights to/from China, and OAK connects to cities that connect to China. SF has major hospitals that are nearer to SFO (and probably OAK) than Stanford or other major Silicon Valley hospitals.

The homeless are sacred in SF politics. Until that changes, SF is likely to get crappier.

I think political drama-queenage and being proactive are both in the mix. Many in SF and Silicon Valley have ties to China and other hard hit countries.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline conservativevoter

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 05:54:08 pm »
So, does this mean that the people in SF shouldn't be afraid of the fresh smokin' hot crap in the streets? :cool:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 06:31:44 pm »
So, does this mean that the people in SF shouldn't be afraid of the fresh smokin' hot crap in the streets? :cool:
Even more now than ever. There may be a new germ in town...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis