Author Topic: Trump Campaign Sues New York Times for Libel over Russia ‘Conspiracy’ Story  (Read 338 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump Campaign Sues New York Times for Libel over Russia ‘Conspiracy’ Story

President Donald Trump’s re-election campaign has sued the New York Times for libel regarding a 2019 op-ed, alleging that the establishment newspaper published false allegations with purpose of hurting the president’s chances of winning a second term.

The re-election campaign alleges that the Times erroneously reported that the president had an agreement with “Vladimir Putin’s oligarchy” to help defeat his Democrat rival, Hillary Clinton, in the 2016 presidential election. The purported claims were made by Max Frankel, a former executive editor of the paper, in an article titled: “The Real Trump-Russia Quid Pro Quo.”

The lawsuit, filed in New York State Supreme Court, also accuses the Times of engaging in a “systematic pattern of bias” against PresidentTrump’s re-campaign with the aim of damaging its reputation beyond repair.

Read more at: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/02/26/trump-campaign-sues-new-york-times-for-libel-over-russia-conspiracy/

Offline PeteS in CA

https://pjmedia.com/trending/libel-trump-campaign-sues-new-york-times-over-article-claiming-an-overarching-deal-with-russia/

LIBEL: Trump Campaign Sues New York Times Over Article Claiming an 'Overarching Deal' With Russia

President Donald Trump's re-election campaign filed a libel lawsuit against The New York Times on Wednesday, accusing America's newspaper of record of defamation in an article claiming that Trump's 2016 campaign had an "overarching deal" with Russia regardless of the fact that Special Counsel Robert Mueller found no evidence of collusion.

"Today the President’s re-election campaign filed suit against the New York Times for falsely stating the Campaign had an 'overarching deal' with 'Vladimir Putin’s oligarchy' to 'help the campaign against Hillary Clinton' in exchange for 'a new pro-Russian foreign policy, starting with relief from ... economic sanctions,'" Jenna Ellis, senior legal aid to the Trump campaign, said in a statement.

"The statements were and are 100 percent false and defamatory. The complaint alleges The Times was aware of the falsity at the time it published them, but did so for the intentional purpose of hurting the campaign, while misleading its own readers in the process," she insisted.

Heh! If the NYT tries the public figure defense, there should be zero trouble demonstrating the NYT harbored and expressed Hate-Trump malice.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Fantastic!!!  I love discovery!!!

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Trump.com 2/26/2020

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/trump-campaign-files-libel-suit-against-new-york-times/

Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. today filed a libel lawsuit against the New York Times over a story falsely reporting as fact a conspiracy with Russia. The lawsuit, filed today in the New York State Supreme Court, aims to hold the news organization accountable for intentionally publishing false statements against President Trump’s campaign.

Statement from Jenna Ellis, Senior Legal Adviser to Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.:

“Today the President’s re-election campaign filed suit against the New York Times for falsely stating the campaign had an ‘overarching deal’ with ‘Vladimir Putin's oligarchy’ to ‘help the campaign against Hillary Clinton’ in exchange for ‘a new pro-Russian foreign policy, starting with relief from ... economic sanctions.’ The statements were and are 100 percent false and defamatory. The complaint alleges The Times was aware of the falsity at the time it published them, but did so for the intentional purpose of hurting the campaign, while misleading its own readers in the process.”

For a copy of the filing click here.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I hope Trump drives them permanently out of business.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A retraction on page A22 isn't going to cut it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mortarman

If I were the judge who had to hear this type of case an' found for the plaintive, number one there would be absolutely no gag order on any settlement butt I would alo order that the division of the Propaganda Ministry For the Left-wing Fascist Agenda who was sued would have to publish the retraction on the front page or report the retraction on primetime at least twice a week for a whole year. In addition to triple requested damages. Also if the retraction did not appear immediately a warrant would be issued for the propagandists an' their superiors to be brought to my courtroom in handcuffs to 'splain themselves. Then they would be in "my" jail until the terms of the settlement are met.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.