Author Topic: Has any candidate ever imploded like Michael Bloomberg?..By Joseph Curl  (Read 263 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Joseph Curl - - Tuesday, February 25, 2020

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

During the dog days of August way back in 2003, when even politics took a few days off, an upstart candidate began to make waves in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination.

He was little known outside of Vermont, where he began his political career by spearheading a grassroots campaign to stop a condominium development on Lake Champlain, site of Sen. Bernie Sanders’ third home (he won, a bike path went in instead). The upstart went on to become the state’s five-time governor, the longest-serving in its history.

His name was Howard Dean, and suddenly, he was all the rage. While rival John Kerry was windsurfing on the Vineyard, Mr. Dean hit the buskings, working tirelessly to win over Democrats. And it worked. By the end of August, Newsweek magazine featured him on a cover with the headline: “Can anyone stop Howard Dean?”

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/feb/25/michael-bloomberg-debate-howard-dean-scream-worst-/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Has any candidate ever imploded like Michael Bloomberg?..By Joseph Curl
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 03:05:54 pm »
Beto?  Gary Hart? 

Both were listed as ' the next Democrat candidate' at one time.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 09:30:42 pm »
Beto?  Gary Hart? 

Both were listed as ' the next Democrat candidate' at one time.
Tanks for the memories man, Yeeeeeeehaaaaaah!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 10:31:55 pm »
The campaigns of both Gary Hart and Howard Dean certainly imploded from a single act.  Bloomberg is still in the race, so saying that he's "imploded" is premature.  Especially given that he doesn't have to worry about money drying up.

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 01:27:21 am »
The campaigns of both Gary Hart and Howard Dean certainly imploded from a single act.  Bloomberg is still in the race, so saying that he's "imploded" is premature.  Especially given that he doesn't have to worry about money drying up.
I agree he has plenty of money. 

As successful business men, both Bloomberg and Trump have and ego thing in some similar characteristics of not liking the perception that people are being unfair to them.  Both are too used to being the boss and calling the shots.

You see it is DT's Tweets and I believe you can see it in Bloomberg's eyes.

Perhaps the implosion is the blood pressure seen in those eyes.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 01:44:12 am »
If the DNC is desperate enough, Bloomberg could get the nod no matter how bad a candidate he is.

But... only if o'er-the-hillary sez so...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2020, 02:04:09 am »
If the DNC is desperate enough, Bloomberg could get the nod no matter how bad a candidate he is.

But... only if o'er-the-hillary sez so...
Oh, she will love the idea of being just one frail heartbeat away from the Oval Office....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2020, 01:48:52 pm »
Oh, she will love the idea of being just one frail heartbeat away from the Oval Office....
And one potential suicide happening.