Author Topic: Bernie Sanders Promoted Article Saying American Dream ‘More Apt To Be Realized’ In Venezuela  (Read 181 times)

rangerrebew

Bernie Sanders Promoted Article Saying American Dream ‘More Apt To Be Realized’ In Venezuela

Peter Hasson
Editor
February 25, 2020 2:40 PM ET

Democratic 2020 candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders in 2011 promoted an editorial arguing that “the American dream is more apt to be realized” in Venezuela than in the U.S.

Sanders’s Senate office posted the editorial, which local Vermont newspaper the Valley News published, on his Senate website under the “Must Reads” section.

“These days, the American dream is more apt to be realized in South America, in places such as Ecuador, Venezuela and Argentina, where incomes are actually more equal today than they are in the land of Horatio Alger,” the editorial stated. “Who’s the banana republic now?”

https://dailycaller.com/2020/02/25/bernie-sanders-venezuela-american-dream/

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
There's no way for him to really weasel out of that one.  Sure, he can blame it on some staffer in his Senate office...but then he hired that person in the first place.  As President, he'd have to hire a lot more people to fill all the policy-making/executing jobs in his Administration.  This gives a great window into the worldview of the people we'd get running our government if Bernie gets elected.

Would make a fantastic campaign ad against him.

Offline LMAO

That is all news but a lot of this is going to come back to haunt him in the heat of the campaign

At the time he wrote this, Venezuela was starting their decent into decay

The Democrats know that he’s an electoral problem but there’s nothing they can do about it
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 03:37:52 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Bernie is a kook!!!

And anyone supporting this commie is ignorant of history.  His praise for Fidel Castro, a murderous thug dictator screams something that should be easily understood here in this country.