Author Topic: Barr says he'll make surveillance reforms after damning watchdog report  (Read 487 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Barr says he'll make surveillance reforms after damning watchdog report
By Jordain Carney - 02/25/20 02:54 PM EST

Attorney General William Barr told Senate Republicans during a closed-door caucus lunch on Tuesday that he wants to make changes to the shadowy court process at the center of a damning watchdog report on surveillance efforts involving the Trump campaign in 2016.

Barr told GOP senators that he wants to use the regulatory process to make changes to the United States Foreign Intelligence Surveillance (FISA) Court, according to several who attended the meeting.

"He went over his recommendations and some internal reforms about FISA warrant application and surveillance technology being used," said Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.). "He's going to do some things that he can do."

Sen. Kevin Cramer (R-N.D.) added that Barr "talked about things he would ... like to make through regulation."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/484570-barr-says-hell-make-surveillance-reforms-after-damning-watchdog
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Longiron

Re: Barr says he'll make surveillance reforms after damning watchdog report
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 09:05:04 pm »
Par for BARR= All talk and no ACTION. No different than anything else he did in 2.5 years, NOTHING but protect the SWAMP. 888mouth

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 09:18:59 pm »
Sure he will. Tomorrow...
His statement reads like the age-old blowoff, "I'll take that under advisement."
Which is a business polite way of saying, 'Not a chance.'
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 05:45:19 am »
If Trump hadn't hired his Russian stooge to run his campaign.  The guy (Paul Manafort) who had already been under investigation since 2014.  That along with that meeting.   *****rollingeyes*****

He takes no responsibility for who he hires?  And what kind of meetings he has in Trump Tower.  Walks like a duck it is a duck.  He threw it all out there and it was a baited line.  His comments about Russia.  Who he hired, and the meetings with the Russians.  What do you expect?

Mueller report never convicted or exonerated him.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 05:47:41 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 12:43:51 am »

Stop falling for, and aping the Democrat spin.  Prosecutors don't "exonerate," they either indict or they don't. 

People lose a bit more respect for you every time you read from the Rat talking points.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 02:41:16 am »
Nothing he does will stop an FBI hellbent on violating the law, and then not having to answer for their transgressions.

In my mindset, what the entire cabal did was sedition and treason, all of them right up to and including Obama, and all should be indicted, convicted and publicly dispatched.  What they did was so heinous that if they are not brought forth to answer for their extreme crimes against the republic, I guarantee it will happen again.  Perhaps as soon as 2020's election.

I fully support the elimination of the FBI and their being folded into Homeland, with no one above first line supervisor being retained.  Rift the rest, and good riddance.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2020, 02:44:52 am »
If Trump hadn't hired his Russian stooge to run his campaign.  The guy (Paul Manafort) who had already been under investigation since 2014.  That along with that meeting.   *****rollingeyes*****

He takes no responsibility for who he hires?  And what kind of meetings he has in Trump Tower.  Walks like a duck it is a duck.  He threw it all out there and it was a baited line.  His comments about Russia.  Who he hired, and the meetings with the Russians.  What do you expect?

Are you aware that the Obama DOJ looked at these same Manifort charges before and decided not to prosecute @Chosen Daughter ?  Asking for a friend.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2020, 04:46:06 am »
Stop falling for, and aping the Democrat spin.  Prosecutors don't "exonerate," they either indict or they don't. 

People lose a bit more respect for you every time you read from the Rat talking points.

I don't care.  I lose respect for them too.  I stand by my comments.  He hires a Russian stooge that's been under investigation since 2014 and is shocked that they surveilled his Russian meeting.   *****rollingeyes*****
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2020, 04:50:42 am »
Are you aware that the Obama DOJ looked at these same Manifort charges before and decided not to prosecute @Chosen Daughter ?  Asking for a friend.

No, I wasn't but regardless in vetting a campaign manager you wouldn't have chosen the one that had been under investigation.  I have said it before Manafort was the Democrats Russian man too.  Why do you think they surveilled?  They know.  I just think Hillary was jealous that Paul was working for Trump.  They knew all about him and it gave them the opportunity.  And stupid as the Republicans are these days they didn't tell the Republican candidate not to choose the Russian stooge.

They couldn't convict because they all had been involved with him, and Russia too.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 04:53:10 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2020, 02:19:31 pm »
No, I wasn't but regardless in vetting a campaign manager you wouldn't have chosen the one that had been under investigation.  I have said it before Manafort was the Democrats Russian man too.  Why do you think they surveilled?  They know.  I just think Hillary was jealous that Paul was working for Trump.  They knew all about him and it gave them the opportunity.  And stupid as the Republicans are these days they didn't tell the Republican candidate not to choose the Russian stooge.

They couldn't convict because they all had been involved with him, and Russia too.

Manifort was NOT under investigation. He had been previously cleared by DOJ and no prosecution was undertaken until Trump arrived on the scene. Pretty darned CS way of doing business on the part of the DOJ if you ask me! In fact, that sort of thing was unheard of previously. But you are free to continue reading and repeating Democrat talking points if that is what you want to do.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2020, 03:16:06 pm »
Manifort was NOT under investigation. He had been previously cleared by DOJ and no prosecution was undertaken until Trump arrived on the scene. Pretty darned CS way of doing business on the part of the DOJ if you ask me! In fact, that sort of thing was unheard of previously. But you are free to continue reading and repeating Democrat talking points if that is what you want to do.

"It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2020, 05:13:25 pm »

You are pathetically misinformed.   

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2020, 08:56:03 pm »
Does this mean that nobody...not a single person was taken down into the FBI basement and double-tapped...cremated?     :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2020, 08:58:47 pm »
Hard to believe some people persist in the Russia collusion fantasy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org