Author Topic: Americans should prepare for coronavirus spread in U.S., CDC says  (Read 1506 times)

Offline Applewood

Re: Americans should prepare for coronavirus spread in U.S., CDC says
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2020, 10:32:32 pm »
My MSN news feed coughed up this article.  Yes, I know it's actually from WaPo, but I think the paper is right for a change:

How to prepare for coronavirus in the U.S. (Spoiler: Not sick? No need to wear a mask.)

There are the exam gloves, the surgical masks, the dubious supplements and the deceptive disinfectants. If unchecked Internet information is any guide, there’s an inexhaustible list of products you should buy to prepare for the spread of coronavirus in the United States — which, according to U.S. health officials, now appears inevitable.

But here’s the thing: The virus may be novel, but you really don’t need to buy anything new or special to brace for it. The Washington Post spoke to epidemiology experts, and they said the most important aspect of preparedness costs nothing at all — calm.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/how-to-prepare-for-coronavirus-in-the-us-spoiler-not-sick-no-need-to-wear-a-mask/ar-BB10q0NE?ocid=spartandhp

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2020, 10:40:42 pm »

@Smokin Joe ...you must be a mind reader. Those are my thoughts as well. Panic is a horrible thing.
Behind all this I see the usual suspects....and "Never let a crisis go to waste..."
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2020, 10:43:43 pm »
IMO the disease is already here. There was nothing that could've been done to prevent it. We've only been testing travelers from China but the infected now includes numerous other countries who haven't been embargoed.

Rats are still given confidential briefings and this is why they've suddenly began loudly (& dishonestly) criticizing Trump's performance in containing its spread. They already know.
Part of that is that we're asking the wrong questions.

What good is a 14 day quarantine in a disease that is communicable, contagious, and asymptomatic for up to 24 days and possibly longer?

It only gives a false sense of security in a population that has had decades of practice being panicked by media barrages of hyperbole. It's the windup before the pitch, and it's a bean ball.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2020, 10:51:32 pm »
Part of that is that we're asking the wrong questions.

What good is a 14 day quarantine in a disease that is communicable, contagious, and asymptomatic for up to 24 days and possibly longer?

It only gives a false sense of security in a population that has had decades of practice being panicked by media barrages of hyperbole. It's the windup before the pitch, and it's a bean ball.

Yes. And how Trump approaches the public will be critical.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2020, 10:57:51 pm »
My MSN news feed coughed up this article.  Yes, I know it's actually from WaPo, but I think the paper is right for a change:

How to prepare for coronavirus in the U.S. (Spoiler: Not sick? No need to wear a mask.)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/how-to-prepare-for-coronavirus-in-the-us-spoiler-not-sick-no-need-to-wear-a-mask/ar-BB10q0NE?ocid=spartandhp
I agree. Calm is the one thing that gives us a chance against the virus.

This has been hyped in a roundabout way, by untrustworthy sources saying "there is nothing to see here", people who could tell me the sky is blue or the sun is hot, and I would have to go check.

The American people don't generally trust the media--at least a significant portion don't--and suspicion of government ties in as well. Now the CDC appears to be throwing in the towel, that announced by someone whose political leanings might possibly transcend good science, or at least the concept of disease containment.

IF the virus is more deadly than say, an ordinary flu strain sans vaccine, then every day a person goes uninfected is a day closer to a possible vaccine. To simply abdicate any responsibility and meekly surrender a population of 330,000,000+ to whatever comes is NOT what these people get paid for.
But I can see where panic, blamed on the POTUS would be just what these folks desire.

Panic will be seen in the form of shortages, because inventory supply is done on an as needed basis, based on ordinary stock turnover and minimal warehousing. If everyone who goes to the store just buys two of what they ordinarily buy one of, the store will run out in short order. Empty shelves only reinforce that panic, the tendency to hoard supplies and 'stock up', which becomes a vicious circle.

We saw the same thing done with .22 caliber ammo a few years back--supplies were short, prices spiked, and people 'scalped' ammo for a profit.

The same thing could happen with everything from bottled water to toilet paper. Masks, disinfectants, etc. are almost certain to be on that list. Those apparent shortages will be seen as a sure sign that things ar more severe than the CDC and government are letting on, which will only reinforce the panic.

C S Lewis

Offline Absalom

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2020, 05:16:15 am »
Yes. And how Trump approaches the public will be critical.
------------------------------------------
Indeed and his approach today failed miserably! But why?
Because as he was talking, Dow Futures dropped 400+ points
insuring the largest/longest fall in the history of Wall Street.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2020, 10:23:34 am »
------------------------------------------
Indeed and his approach today failed miserably! But why?
Because as he was talking, Dow Futures dropped 400+ points
insuring the largest/longest fall in the history of Wall Street.
Sounds like a buying opportunity to me.

C S Lewis

rangerrebew

What? Rod “The Rat” Rosenstein’s Sister Is CDC Dr. Who Countered Trump on Coronavirus
The Swamp is a family-friendly place

Kelen McBreen | Infowars.com - February 26, 2020 Comments

The CDC official who publicly countered President Trump’s stance that coronavirus is being blown out of proportion by mainstream media is the sister of disgraced Deep State rat Rod Rosenstein.

Apparently, the siblings share a disdain for President Trump because in 2017 Rosenstein said he was willing to illegally spy on him and suggested invoking the 25th Amendment to remove the president.

Now, Rosenstein’s sister, CDC Dr. Nancy Messonnier, is telling the world POTUS is lying about coronavirus.

https://www.infowars.com/what-rod-the-rat-rosensteins-sister-is-cdc-dr-who-countered-trump-on-coronavirus/

Online libertybele

What? Rod “The Rat” Rosenstein’s Sister Is CDC Dr. Who Countered Trump on Coronavirus
The Swamp is a family-friendly place

Kelen McBreen | Infowars.com - February 26, 2020 Comments

The CDC official who publicly countered President Trump’s stance that coronavirus is being blown out of proportion by mainstream media is the sister of disgraced Deep State rat Rod Rosenstein.

Apparently, the siblings share a disdain for President Trump because in 2017 Rosenstein said he was willing to illegally spy on him and suggested invoking the 25th Amendment to remove the president.

Now, Rosenstein’s sister, CDC Dr. Nancy Messonnier, is telling the world POTUS is lying about coronavirus.

https://www.infowars.com/what-rod-the-rat-rosensteins-sister-is-cdc-dr-who-countered-trump-on-coronavirus/

Certainly this isn't a new revelation that Rosenstein's sister is head of the CDC for Respiratory Illnesses.

The question in my mind, that has been a question since Trump appointed Rosenstein is, WHY?  Why would he appoint someone who had some kind of relationship with Bush, Clinton, and Obama?  WHY?  It has never made sense to me.  Appointing him was an absolute huge mistake and it continues to haunt his presidency.  We all know that Rosenstein basically investigated himself; Sessions even admitted to that. 

Trump's selections for the DOJ have been IMHO troubling.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.