Author Topic: Trump Calls on RBG, Sotomayor to Sit Out Future Cases  (Read 1082 times)

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Re: Trump Calls on RBG, Sotomayor to Sit Out Future Cases
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2020, 09:00:32 pm »
Clarence Thomas wife among conservative activists leading Trump efforts to compile ‘deep state’ hit list

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/clarence-thomas-wife-among-conservative-activists-leading-trump-efforts-to-compile-deep-state-hit-list

:shrug:
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2020, 01:17:07 am »
I like food.  I'm against crime.  I feel inhibited to wear cloths in public.  I can spell small word accurately.  I've watched a lot of television...more than I should have.  I have interacted with both a mother and a father at times in my life.  I was born in America.  I do not like the sensation of pain.  I like women, but have showered with men at exercise facilities.  I have eaten meals at McDonalds.  I wear sox and underwear frequently.  I own car insurance.  I know Spiderman's secret identity.  I think my farts are not as unpleasent as other people's to me.  I think Washington was the first American President.  I don't like today's music as much as the music I grew up with, and I want to torture Ben Kingsley in front of his family for his crimes against acting.

I bet we agree on 90%-95% of this.

I think a strong US military is extremely important.  I support low taxes, and smaller government.  I think religious freedom is just as important, if not more than gender equality.  I think the right to own firearms is linked with our Constitutional rights to life and liberty.  I think Jusse Smollet is a dick.

Again I'm confident we agree.

Where we differ is on things like I expect a non-sociopath and less embarrassingly incompetent President to lead America than Trump.  He should hold some kind of human like values, morals, judgement and the ability to empathize with human behavior.
The words of Reagan "trust but verify" come to mind.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2020, 01:38:35 am »
I'm wondering what should happen to those members of the court who have rendered opinions on matters that were actively involved in before they were on the court.  At least two that I know of currently. 

Can anyone say "conflict of interests"? 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2020, 01:51:27 am »
I'm wondering what should happen to those members of the court who have rendered opinions on matters that were actively involved in before they were on the court.  At least two that I know of currently. 

Can anyone say "conflict of interests"?

Either Kagan or Sotomayor (I forget off the top of my head which) was O'Bastard's Solicitor General, and had argued O'Bastardcare before the Supreme Court, then later decided as a SCOTUS Justice that it's perfectly legal (as Roberts treacherously framed it).  She refused to recuse, even though she had argued that very case before that very Court!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2020, 01:56:01 am »
Either Kagan or Sotomayor (I forget off the top of my head which) was O'Bastard's Solicitor General, and had argued O'Bastardcare before the Supreme Court, then later decided as a SCOTUS Justice that it's perfectly legal (as Roberts treacherously framed it).  She refused to recuse, even though she had argued that very case before that very Court!

It was Kagan and the Chief Justice didn't seem to have a problem with that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2020, 02:09:52 am »
It was Kagan and the Chief Justice didn't seem to have a problem with that.

That's because Roberts was bound and determined to find for O'Bastard in that case, whatever it took.  He wanted an ally in Kagan (thanks for remembering!).
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2020, 03:14:04 am »
That's because Roberts was bound and determined to find for O'Bastard in that case, whatever it took.  He wanted an ally in Kagan (thanks for remembering!).

Nope...call a spade a spade.

There's something in Roberts' intimate past.  Because of his stature and his family make-up his a$$ is Obama's.

Kagan and Sotomayor or both activist judges and should NOT be on the SCOTUS.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald