Author Topic: Texas Gun Owners Group On FaceBook  (Read 1488 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Texas Gun Owners Group On FaceBook
« on: February 24, 2020, 09:43:00 pm »
Anyone a member of the Texas Gun Owners Group on Facebook?

They're being invaded by a bunch of n00bs that sounds and acts like a radical right version of ANTIFA. 

It's all a bunch of younger people...you can tell by the way they post and meme like crazy.   Calling anyone who disagrees with their burn it all down mentality "boot lickers" and "fudds".  They have no patience or time for even how the Constitution proscribes handing unconstitutional matters concerning the 2A.  They have just adopted the out of context quote from Justice Marshall in Marbury v Madison and to hell with anyone who points out the error in what they are pushing.

The Admin was asleep at the switch for a couple weeks and these idiots ran wild unabated until some of the long term members started heading for the door.

Now some of them are creeping back.

Just wanted to know if anyone else that's from Texas (or any other state gun forum on FB) that's run across these cretins.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline verga

Re: Texas Gun Owners Group On FaceBook
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 10:58:31 pm »
A friend told me that if you want to know who the government plant in the militia is, it's the one that wants to blow everything up and kill everyone. Sounds like these might be some libtard plants.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 12:11:09 am »
A friend told me that if you want to know who the government plant in the militia is, it's the one that wants to blow everything up and kill everyone. Sounds like these might be some libtard plants.

That actually makes a lot of sense.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 12:22:43 am »
That actually makes a lot of sense.
I actually ran across a couple of those types before. They were quickly informed that wasn't our purpose, and that if that was what they were after it would be best to seek fellowship elsewhere.

They came to a couple more meetings and then went elsewhere (another town), but I think whoever they were really representing, we passed muster. We even invited local LEOs and the Sheriff to our meetings, which did a lot to eliminate the sort of crap the Clintons were spewing about "domestic terrorists" at the time.

One easy way to poison the well is to load it up with people who just go too far with whatever, because it chases off many good people and and becomes the face of the group to the public. It is something to be avoided.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 12:24:30 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 12:37:03 am »
I actually ran across a couple of those types before. They were quickly informed that wasn't our purpose, and that if that was what they were after it would be best to seek fellowship elsewhere.

They came to a couple more meetings and then went elsewhere (another town), but I think whoever they were really representing, we passed muster. We even invited local LEOs and the Sheriff to our meetings, which did a lot to eliminate the sort of crap the Clintons were spewing about "domestic terrorists" at the time.

One easy way to poison the well is to load it up with people who just go too far with whatever, because it chases off many good people and and becomes the face of the group to the public. It is something to be avoided.

The types we have are the ones shouting "The NFA isn't Constitutional so I'm not gonna obey it and do what I want in regards to SBR's and silencers.  ALL gun laws are unconstitutional".

You try to explain to them that yes it is the law and if they want it changed it needs to be challenged in the Supreme Court and deemed unconstitutional or that said person needs to work to get people elected that will via legislation repeal the NFA and all modifications/adjustments made to the original document in 1968.

Trying to talk rational like that is met with allegations of "boot licker" and "fudd" whatever that means.  Some of them have gone so far as to bash anyone who supports cops.  Yeah it's that bad in there now.

They could have all the LEO's you could gather up talk to them and they'd use the out of context quote from Justice Marshall in marbury v Madison to justify their "blow it all up" mentality.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 01:41:51 am »
A friend told me that if you want to know who the government plant in the militia is, it's the one that wants to blow everything up and kill everyone. 

@verga

ALWAYS!

He is also the one that knows where to get C4 and machine guns,and he has an uncle with a lot of cash to spread around to "help the movement".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2020, 01:57:27 am »
The types we have are the ones shouting "The NFA isn't Constitutional so I'm not gonna obey it and do what I want in regards to SBR's and silencers.  ALL gun laws are unconstitutional".

You try to explain to them that yes it is the law and if they want it changed it needs to be challenged in the Supreme Court and deemed unconstitutional or that said person needs to work to get people elected that will via legislation repeal the NFA and all modifications/adjustments made to the original document in 1968.

Trying to talk rational like that is met with allegations of "boot licker" and "fudd" whatever that means.  Some of them have gone so far as to bash anyone who supports cops.  Yeah it's that bad in there now.

They could have all the LEO's you could gather up talk to them and they'd use the out of context quote from Justice Marshall in marbury v Madison to justify their "blow it all up" mentality.
Changing it back isn't going to be easy, and if it can be peacefully done, that will require a lot of effort, from teaching the masses about firearms, to the Constitution, and the intent of the Founders.

I think some people (general population) are more afraid of what they might do, how they might act, given the opportunity, or of their neighbors as well. Civility, a lost art, might be revived in short order were that the case. 

But those you speak of, alienating themselves from people on their side (if they'd look), and acting like the very thing the Media have painted as the caricature of firearms owners, something that makes those hoplophobic urbanites incontinent, is not a good way to win hearts and minds to the cause of restoring the Second Amendment in all its glory. 
Seeking, much less following the counsel of those more wise isn't their strong suit. When you are actively alienating those who agree, in principle, with you, it's likely you are doing it wrong.

That's just as sad as the idea that there was a time in this country where having a machine gun wasn't such a big deal, where 20mm antitank rifles could be ordered through the mail (with ammo).

While, in spirit I agree that the NFA of '34 and the add-ons in '68 and '86 are as unconstitutional as summary executions, the people have been dumbed down in re: their Rights, urbanized, and convinced by decades of mass media propaganda that these are devices which only have utility in war, and therefore should only be placed in the hands of citizens for that specific and express purpose, under chain of command and in uniform.
(Never mind that it is fun to shoot full auto, if you can, just for the heck of it, or that a rifle which is a guaranteed takedown of a feral hog from a safe distance, which makes bait of said same hog would be nice, or that opening up on a group of them with the ability to lay down some more serious firepower than a bolt rifle or even a semi-auto might take care of the feral hog problem quicker than you'd think.

(Somehow LEOs got written into the 'okay to have more capable firearms' group, I believe to quash any opposition from that subset of gun owners.)

As I have said before on other threads, many Americans don't have a clue what it is to be free, and this is just one more subject on which they have been convinced they don't really want to be free. They fear it.
Instead, what they call freedom is just freedom from responsibility and freedom from making decisions; not real freedom, where both decision making and the responsibility for those decisions and their outcomes are embraced.

Maybe if they aren't agents provocateurs, you can convince them they are doing more harm than good.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2020, 02:18:30 am »
About the only problem I remember in BamaCarry was some radical Libertarians that wanted to argue anything and everything about police... Didn't matter what was said, they would find some angle to attack it. They would last about a week and get the boot.... or warned hard enough they calmed down. Then we would get the folks that would spread the fake advice based on "they knew a police officer that said it or their kid got his license at age XX instead of YY". These folks would argue it until about 10 people corrected them with direct links to the law and then they would get mad and leave (usually with a parting shot)..

Lot of that ended when the FB page went private (members only).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 02:20:05 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2020, 02:24:45 am »
Changing it back isn't going to be easy, and if it can be peacefully done, that will require a lot of effort, from teaching the masses about firearms, to the Constitution, and the intent of the Founders.

I think some people (general population) are more afraid of what they might do, how they might act, given the opportunity, or of their neighbors as well. Civility, a lost art, might be revived in short order were that the case. 

But those you speak of, alienating themselves from people on their side (if they'd look), and acting like the very thing the Media have painted as the caricature of firearms owners, something that makes those hoplophobic urbanites incontinent, is not a good way to win hearts and minds to the cause of restoring the Second Amendment in all its glory. 
Seeking, much less following the counsel of those more wise isn't their strong suit. When you are actively alienating those who agree, in principle, with you, it's likely you are doing it wrong.

That's just as sad as the idea that there was a time in this country where having a machine gun wasn't such a big deal, where 20mm antitank rifles could be ordered through the mail (with ammo).

While, in spirit I agree that the NFA of '34 and the add-ons in '68 and '86 are as unconstitutional as summary executions, the people have been dumbed down in re: their Rights, urbanized, and convinced by decades of mass media propaganda that these are devices which only have utility in war, and therefore should only be placed in the hands of citizens for that specific and express purpose, under chain of command and in uniform.
(Never mind that it is fun to shoot full auto, if you can, just for the heck of it, or that a rifle which is a guaranteed takedown of a feral hog from a safe distance, which makes bait of said same hog would be nice, or that opening up on a group of them with the ability to lay down some more serious firepower than a bolt rifle or even a semi-auto might take care of the feral hog problem quicker than you'd think.

(Somehow LEOs got written into the 'okay to have more capable firearms' group, I believe to quash any opposition from that subset of gun owners.)

As I have said before on other threads, many Americans don't have a clue what it is to be free, and this is just one more subject on which they have been convinced they don't really want to be free. They fear it.
Instead, what they call freedom is just freedom from responsibility and freedom from making decisions; not real freedom, where both decision making and the responsibility for those decisions and their outcomes are embraced.

Maybe if they aren't agents provocateurs, you can convince them they are doing more harm than good.

Hope you don't mind...but I borrowed the bolded part and changed it to present tense on the FB group to make my point to them.

I'm sure all I'll get is "boot licker" and "fudd" comments and meme's in reply...but that will only serve to prove the point I'm making and that you helped me to make.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2020, 02:26:06 am »
Hope you don't mind...but I borrowed the bolded part and changed it to present tense on the FB group to make my point to them.

I'm sure all I'll get is "boot licker" and "fudd" comments and meme's in reply...but that will only serve to prove the point I'm making and that you helped me to make.
You have my express permission to use anything I write here, if it helps. Please do.

It's sad that just 60 years ago we could own some of what they want, without hassle, and within my father's lifetime, all of it. It's going to take some doing to get back to that, and it isn't going to happen in just one jump--but then, we didn't get here from there in a single law, either.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 02:28:43 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2020, 02:27:24 am »
About the only problem I remember in BamaCarry was some radical Libertarians that wanted to argue anything and everything about police... Didn't matter what was said, they would find some angle to attack it. They would last about a week and get the boot.... or warned hard enough they calmed down. Then we would get the folks that would spread the fake advice based on "they knew a police officer that said it or their kid got his license at age XX instead of YY". These folks would argue it until about 10 people corrected them with direct links to the law and then they would get mad and leave (usually with a parting shot)..

Lot of that ended when the FB page went private (members only).

@Sighlass yeah there's been some of the radical Liberaltarians tossed in with this group as well.  So far I've been told I'm not willing to die for my unalienable rights and also informed that this one particular troll was more knowledgable on the 2A than I am.

Funny though he hasn't posted one intelligent thing related to the 2A since he's been on the page.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2020, 02:32:44 am »
You have my express permission to use anything I write here, if it helps. Please do.

It's sad that just 60 years ago we could own some of what they want, without hassle, and within my father's lifetime, all of it. It's going to take some doing to get back to that, and it isn't going to happen in just one jump--but then, we didn't get here from there in a single law, either.

:beer: Thanks my friend.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2020, 02:35:28 am »

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2020, 02:36:52 am »
@Sighlass yeah there's been some of the radical Liberaltarians tossed in with this group as well.  So far I've been told I'm not willing to die for my unalienable rights and also informed that this one particular troll was more knowledgable on the 2A than I am.

Funny though he hasn't posted one intelligent thing related to the 2A since he's been on the page.

Well there will always be an open carry vs concealed arguement every week, just nature of the game... and then the good ole Glock vs 911 that gives the regulars a chuckle....

Even a novice like me knows, carry like you want (freedom)... and if the gun works for you, then it is the right gun for you. 
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 02:38:28 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2020, 03:05:17 am »
Well there will always be an open carry vs concealed arguement every week, just nature of the game... and then the good ole Glock vs 911 that gives the regulars a chuckle....

Even a novice like me knows, carry like you want (freedom)... and if the gun works for you, then it is the right gun for you.

Interesting that one thing that absolutely silences the trolls earlier was when I asked how many of them were doing something on the state or local level to support the 2A.  How many are members of GOA...NSSF or state level equivalent.  Total radio silence after that.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2020, 03:25:07 am »
Interesting that one thing that absolutely silences the trolls earlier was when I asked how many of them were doing something on the state or local level to support the 2A.  How many are members of GOA...NSSF or state level equivalent.  Total radio silence after that.
Another good question is to ask how many have written their Congress people to thank them for a good vote, or explain why they think a piece of legislation is bad (or the vote they gave was). You do know who they are, right? is a question that gets asked, too.

>crickets<

In all fairness, how can they represent us if they only hear from the other side?

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2020, 03:43:34 am »
Another good question is to ask how many have written their Congress people to thank them for a good vote, or explain why they think a piece of legislation is bad (or the vote they gave was). You do know who they are, right? is a question that gets asked, too.

>crickets<

In all fairness, how can they represent us if they only hear from the other side?

That one's gonna leave them scratching their heads too.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2020, 03:45:15 am »
So after nothing intelligent about the 2A but post after post about my alleged obesity and cracking on my MOS...they think it's bothering me.  It's not...been dealing with trolls on the left and right about that crap since I joined my first forum like this back in 2005.

Here was my reply:

(Name redacted) actually I'm having fun. Baiting trolls like yourself into revealing your true persona and reason for being on forums like this brings me great joy. Especially when you're not bright enough to realize what's being done to you. SO please by all means continue to poke fun at my (non) fatness...it's the only thing you appearently capable of discussing. You certainly haven't enlightened anyone with your brilliant knowledge of the 2nd Amendment. C'mon enlighten us on your thoughts on the Heller case...or McDonald. Any pearls of wisdom you'd like to pass onto us on Justice Thomas's recent comments about the lack of 2A cases appearing before the SCOTUS or the fact lower courts are ignoring the rulings in Heller and McDonald. For the love of God man! Show us you came her to talk intelligently and not just act like another GD poo flinging monkey.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2020, 03:51:31 am »
One of the tacti-cool trolls thinks he's all bad ass too because he's got a III logo in his profile pic.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2020, 04:27:39 am »
One of the tacti-cool trolls thinks he's all bad ass too because he's got a III logo in his profile pic.
OHboy... **nononono*

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2020, 04:46:18 am »
OHboy... **nononono*

Tell me about it.  Right now I'm living rent free in their heads.  They haven't once yet said anything or anything intelligent about the 2nd Amendment or what needs to be done to bring it back in line with what the Framers intended.  It's all been insults ad hominem and threatening to contact my Sergeant Major.  Oh yeah and incessant queries into what my MOS is.

I've even TOLD them I'm dragging them in order to show the other 14K members of the group just how unserious these two clowns are about guns and the 2A and they don't have the brains to shut up and move on.

And this point I'm living rent free in both their pointy little heads.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2020, 04:51:23 am »
Tell me about it.  Right now I'm living rent free in their heads.  They haven't once yet said anything or anything intelligent about the 2nd Amendment or what needs to be done to bring it back in line with what the Framers intended.  It's all been insults ad hominem and threatening to contact my Sergeant Major.  Oh yeah and incessant queries into what my MOS is.

I've even TOLD them I'm dragging them in order to show the other 14K members of the group just how unserious these two clowns are about guns and the 2A and they don't have the brains to shut up and move on.

And this point I'm living rent free in both their pointy little heads.
It looks like they'd doxx you if they could. Sounds like you drew a pair of assh*les.

I get the feeling they haven't read the Federalist, nor any other of the reasons which make the predicate clause make sense in the context of upholding an individual Right, and probably couldn't put that in historical perspective, either.

Keep giving them rope...

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2020, 05:08:31 am »
It looks like they'd doxx you if they could. Sounds like you drew a pair of assh*les.

I get the feeling they haven't read the Federalist, nor any other of the reasons which make the predicate clause make sense in the context of upholding an individual Right, and probably couldn't put that in historical perspective, either.

Keep giving them rope...

Oh I plan to.  I'm on 24 hour duty yet again...I plan on keeping them locked to their smart phones all night long.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2020, 05:11:58 am »
Oh I plan to.  I'm on 24 hour duty yet again...I plan on keeping them locked to their smart phones all night long.
Nice. Angry assh*les who are sleep deprived, too, really tend to lose it...

:yowsa: :silly:

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2020, 05:30:56 am »
Nice. Angry assh*les who are sleep deprived, too, really tend to lose it...

:yowsa: :silly:

They are both young.  Think they know everything.  Like you pointed out they have no historical perspective and wouldn't know Federalist 46 from Chapter 46 of the latest Harry Potter book.

Their first last and only answer is WAR!!!!  And they play right into the stereotype the left paints of us and makes it easier to get sympathies for the gun grabbers on the day they really do come for our guns.