Author Topic: Mike Pence’s 2024 Presidential Campaign Has Already Begun  (Read 1925 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Mike Pence’s 2024 Presidential Campaign Has Already Begun
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2020, 02:39:51 am »

The wall still isn't built, anyway you look at it. That's reality.

@libertybele   

The REALITY is that a lot of it has been built. MUCH more than anyone else would have built because Trump wasn't shy about pulling money from other projects when the Dims tried to shut it down by diverting the money to other things.

Also, no one on the left has been held responsible, nor indicted.  Their corruption hasn't ended -- obviously. Trump not being able to stop that corruption, may cost him his re-election. That is where you and I aren't seeing eye to eye.

Nobody was ever going to be indicted during a first term. To do so would have been a horrible mistake because that would be all the headlines would have been about,making him seem like a liar who is ineffective.

Trump was smart enough to see that coming,so he did what he could do by grabbing money from other areas the Dims didn't control,and got large sections of the Wall put up DESPITE them,making them look like the desperate fools they are.

Politicians have to pick their fights,and in all my life I have never seen a President who knows how to "play" the opposition like Trump does. This is why they were and are so desperate to impeach him. They know that if he gets a second term,the gloves are going to come off.
He's not going to see a 2nd term if the economy tanks and we head into a recession.  You and I are smart enough to know the corruption and aren't going to blame Trump --- but there are a lot of liberal mental midgets out there who perhaps were going to vote for him, that won't.  He can't win without creating a larger voting base.

Back to him not being able to stop the corruption -
-

Nobody has been able to stop corruption in politics since the second day politics was created. I have no idea why you want to hold Trump to such an impossible standard. Name ONE candidate that would have accomplished even half as much.

I still cannot help but question as I have from the very beginning why on earth he would appoint Rosenstein who was so tied to both Bammy and Clinton? It just plain doesn't make sense.  Now Rosenstein's sister is head of the CDC's Respiratory Illnesses.  Coincidence?  Not in my books.

I know nothing about that.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2020, 02:42:44 am »

Trump picks Cruz -- that's going to be a pretty hard ticket to beat and the two of them would be unstoppable -- he should have picked him from the get go.

@libertybele

What makes you so certain Cruz would accept?

Offline corbe

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2020, 02:48:18 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2020, 02:52:44 am »

@libertybele

What makes you so certain Cruz would accept?

I don't and IMHO he probably wouldn't.  I'm just thinking that they would make an unbeatable and unstoppable team. I always have.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2020, 03:01:21 am »
@libertybele   

I know nothing about that.

During the Clinton Administration, Rosenstein served as Counsel [/u]to Deputy Attorney General Philip B. Heymann (1993–1994) and Special Assistant to Criminal Division Assistant Attorney General Jo Ann Harris (1994–1995). Rosenstein then worked in the United States Office of the Independent Counsel under Ken Starr on the Whitewater investigation into President Bill Clinton.

President George W. Bush nominated Rosenstein to serve as the United States Attorney for the District of Maryland on May 23, 2005. He took office on July 12, 2005, after the U.S. Senate unanimously confirmed his nomination.[23][25] He was the only U.S. Attorney retained by President Barack Obama.

Rod J. Rosenstein was born in Philadelphia on January 13, 1965,[15][16] to Robert, who ran a small business, and Gerri Rosenstein, a bookkeeper and local school board president. He grew up in Lower Moreland Township, Pennsylvania.[17] He has one sister, Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.[18][19]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Rosenstein
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 03:02:20 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2020, 03:34:43 am »
I would vote for Don Jr., IF he stood conservatively on issues.  Never would I vote for him just because his last name is Trump.  Riding on Daddy's coattails isn't going to cut it for me -- he has to be able to convey where he stands, which direction he's going to take this country and how he plans on getting us there.

You would?  What do you like about him?  He just looks like a guy that wants to chase tail. 

Ben Sasse 2024
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 03:58:20 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2020, 03:43:16 am »
Just no.  Ted Cruz or Nikki Haley.  I quite like her -- executive experience and she's the only person to serve in the Trump administration, without either being a Trump sycophant or leaving under a cloud from the point of view of hard-core Trump supporters.  As an added bonus she'd give the identity-politics-driven Left fits between being a woman and her South Asian ancestry.  Actually, I keep hoping Trump will find a way to shunt Pence aside and pick Haley as his running mate in 2020.  Not going to happen, unless maybe the Pence-led coronavirus effort goes south and throwing Pence under the bus is way for Trump to minimize the fallout, which is not something I'd really like to see happen as a price for getting her on the ticket.
@The_Reader_David

I would vote for Nikki Haley if she runs.... smart and can be tough..

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 04:10:52 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline bilo

« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2020, 04:15:06 am »
@bilo

You trying to harsh the @libertybele buzz? Trump HAS to be failing or she just can't be happy.

I think you're being a little too tough. @libertybele and I have gone back and forth on a bunch of things. Sometimes we agree sometimes we don't, but she's a pretty solid conservative.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 04:25:13 am by bilo »
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2020, 04:21:49 am »
The thought also ran through my head that this may be a way to get rid of Pence as he brings absolutely nothing to the table.  Trump picks Cruz -- that's going to be a pretty hard ticket to beat and the two of them would be unstoppable -- he should have picked him from the get go. Trump/Haley would be good too.   Perhaps even Trump/Huckabee.

Looking forward to the 2024 election -- Cruz/Haley or Cruz/Ernst would be a very strong ticket.  That is provided that Trump wins re-election in 2020 -- if not, we won't see another GOP seated for quite a long time.

I agree with you, but the campaign was so rough that there was no way Cruz was going to run on the ticket with Trump. After Trump won Cruz did the big thing and put Texas first by setting aside his personal animosity and has worked with Trump. I suspect they might even get along now.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Offline Absalom

« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2020, 04:40:02 am »
@sneakypete
I'm one of those who says "Oh.  Hell.  No." to another Trump in the White House and no, it's not because of my alleged "hatred" for the old man. We had two Bushes as president, a third one ran in 2016 and more recently, I heard about one of the grandkids, Pierce Bush, running for congress and already touted as a future presidential candidate.   Um... no.  No royal families.  No dynasties.  Get someone else.
-------------------------------------------------
Absolutely nothing wrong w/Royalty as long as they're not schmucks!
Hmm...............upon reflection let's forget about any more Trumpets.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2020, 09:49:14 am »
I think you're being a little too tough. @libertybele and I have gone back and forth on a bunch of things. Sometimes we agree sometimes we don't, but she's a pretty solid conservative.

@bilo,you may be right and I may be wrong,but there seems to be a few around here who think Trump is the liberal Spawn of Satan because he took the presidency away from whoever their favorite RINO is.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2020, 01:02:02 pm »
@bilo,you may be right and I may be wrong,but there seems to be a few around here who think Trump is the liberal Spawn of Satan because he took the presidency away from whoever their favorite RINO is.

Funny...no...comical, how no MOD showed up in here to remind everybody to stay on topic.

'President Cruz'...ROFL!    You guys haven't learned anything in the past 4 years.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2020, 01:39:01 pm »
@The_Reader_David

I would vote for Nikki Haley if she runs.... smart and can be tough..

@EdinVA
@The_Reader_David

Her stand to ban the Confederate Battle Flag on Capitol Grounds as governor, means she will get ZERO votes from me for the rest of my life.

The hell with her.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2020, 02:27:36 pm »
@EdinVA
@The_Reader_David

Her stand to ban the Confederate Battle Flag on Capitol Grounds as governor, means she will get ZERO votes from me for the rest of my life.

The hell with her.
@catfish1957
Yea, that one kinda ticked me off also, but the capital ground is for official flags of a region/state and the battle flag is not an official flag, so i made peace with that one...

Out of the thousands of actions/decisions she has made over the years, I agreed with most and it is ok with me if we disagree over a few "bad" calls.
Ms. Haley, Trump and Pompeo are the only ones I have seen/heard lately that truley understand the words they say and the actions they take.  We have had to many romney's, bushes, obama's, etc...

Offline aligncare

« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2020, 02:59:46 pm »
@EdinVA
@The_Reader_David

The hell with her.

Nikki Haley took to New York’s diplomatic social scene and high-society cocktail parties like a fish takes to water—Sorry, I meant to say swamp.

Whatever good intentions she may have had as governor, as Ambassador to UN she went over to the dark side in New York.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2020, 04:16:09 pm »
@EdinVA
@The_Reader_David

The hell with her.

@catfish1957

I couldn't agree more. Those who want to ignore history for PC reasons also tend to want to alter the future for PC reasons.

History is a record of what happened,the good,the bad,and the ugly. People who ignore those lessons are likely to have to deal with the reasons they became history in the future.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2020, 04:32:37 pm »
@catfish1957

I couldn't agree more. Those who want to ignore history for PC reasons also tend to want to alter the future for PC reasons.

History is a record of what happened,the good,the bad,and the ugly. People who ignore those lessons are likely to have to deal with the reasons they became history in the future.

@sneakypete

Good points Pete.  This bad descison is probably a good barometer of how she handle other SJW- ish gobbly goop.  What I like about Trump best?  His ability to give the finger to anyone who barks at his anti-PC moves
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2020, 04:39:46 pm »

And there is no other like him on the horizon.

Thank God for that.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2020, 04:44:34 pm »
This is the problem for the Pubs and an opening for the Rats.

I don't see a dynamic candidate on the horizon who can not only deal with the never ending lies of the Rats but also the smears of the media like Trump has. If I'm betting I would bet on the Rats winning in 2024. It's why I'm eliminating as much debt as possible by then. Once the Rats get back in you can bet the economy is going down and taxes are going up.

Cruz/Lee '24
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2020, 05:54:08 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online libertybele

« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2020, 06:00:49 pm »
You would?  What do you like about him?  He just looks like a guy that wants to chase tail. 

Ben Sasse 2024

Go back and read my post.  I was very specific.

Online libertybele

« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2020, 06:02:41 pm »
Cruz/Lee '24

I used to like Lee but he has voted recently a couple of times that weren't so conservative in nature.

I think a conservative female like Ernst would be a better ticket and might attract more female voters. Haley has more name recognition but IMHO not quite as conservative.

Ideally Cruz needs to run with a conservative Hispanic female.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 06:05:20 pm by libertybele »

Offline bilo

« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2020, 06:11:28 pm »

You couldn't be more right!

I know in 2016 Trump supporters were so fierce in their support of him that it was a big turn off. After Trump took office and actually started doing things it was obvious that he was what we needed, but some who fought with the Trump supporters just couldn't let their animosity go. I'm sure that's a big part of what we're seeing here.

I know I'd rather have the firing squad facing the enemy rather than in a circle facing inward. It seems pretty self defeating to denigrate Trump now after we have a pretty good track record.