Author Topic: FBI's 'Case Agent 1' Stephen Somma 'primarily responsible' for FISA failures  (Read 570 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
FBI's 'Case Agent 1' Stephen Somma 'primarily responsible' for FISA failures
by Daniel Chaitin
 & Jerry Dunleavy
 | February 24, 2020 07:28 AM

The Justice Department Inspector watchdog referred FBI agent Stephen Somma for disciplinary review after an investigation into alleged Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act abuses.

Somma, a counterintelligence investigator in the FBI's New York field office, was identified only as "Case Agent 1" in Inspector General Michael Horowitz's report, released in December. Sources told the New York Times that Somma is that official. The FBI did not comment for the report.

Somma was “primarily responsible for some of the most significant errors and omissions" during the process of obtaining FISA warrants to wiretap Trump campaign adviser Carter Page in 2016 and 2017, according to Horowitz. Horowitz confirmed the FBI relied heavily upon British ex-spy Christopher Steele’s salacious and unverified dossier when pursuing the secret surveillance.

The DOJ watchdog found 17 “significant inaccuracies and omissions” in the FBI's applications to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to wiretap Page, who was under suspicion of being an agent for Russia. He was never charged with any wrongdoing.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/fbis-case-agent-1-stephen-somma-primarily-responsible-for-fisa-failures
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Anyone else remember any time in history when the Feebs admitted they screwed up,and named names?

I sure don't.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Former FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith, who altered a key document in FISA filings related to is the only person publicly known to be under criminal investigation by U.S. Attorney John Durham, who is conducting a review of the Russia investigation.

I note the conspicuous absence of the name Steven Somma as well as many others!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Anyone else remember any time in history when the Feebs admitted they screwed up,and named names?

I sure don't.

@sneakypete

No, they tend to find some low-level operator nobody's heard of to scapegoat and hang the crimes on him/her.  Like in this story.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I note the conspicuous absence of the name Steven Somma as well as many others!

@Bigun

That's because he's the unfortunate person chosen to take the fall for McCabe and Comey.  "Scapegoat."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
When little  names DO COME OUT,

think of  the higher names, hidden by Plausible Deniability?

McCabe, Comey, Lynch, Obama, Clapper, Brennan etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln