Author Topic: Sotomayor accuses Supreme Court of bias in favor of Trump administration  (Read 981 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sotomayor accuses Supreme Court of bias in favor of Trump administration
By J. Edward Moreno - 02/22/20 01:25 PM EST

Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor issued a dissenting opinion Friday accusing her conservative colleagues of having a bias toward the administration after the court voted to 5–4 to uphold the Trump administration’s public charge rule, what critics call a “wealth test” for legal immigrants.

“Today’s decision follows a now-familiar pattern,” Sotomayor began. “The Government seeks emergency relief from this Court, asking it to grant a stay where two lower courts have not. The Government insists — even though review in a court of appeals is imminent — that it will suffer irreparable harm if this Court does not grant a stay. And the Court yields.”

The policy in question, the Immigration and Nationality Act, makes immigrants who are “likely at any time to become a public charge” ineligible for greencards. The policy virtually bars legal immigrants from using public assistance, including Medicaid, housing vouchers and food stamps. The five conservative justices ruled in favor of the stay, while the liberal justices — including Sotomayor — opposed it.

more
https://thehill.com/legal/484195-sotomayor-accuses-supreme-court-of-bias-toward-trump-administration
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Re: Sotomayor accuses Supreme Court of bias in favor of Trump administration
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 06:59:48 pm »
Sotomayor is by far the worst Justice on the Court.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 07:48:36 pm »

She's apparently the laziest, too.  She's whining about the workload all these nationwide Injunctions create for poor Justice Sotomayor.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2020, 09:13:43 pm »
Somebody's tired of being on the losing side. In this case, Trump was, AFAIK, actually having a long-existing law enforced.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 09:26:48 pm »
I can easily see why a liberal activist judge would conflate a tilt towards Constitutionally grounded rulings with the court 'siding' with a POTUS who tends to nominate Constitutionalist jurists.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 09:27:46 pm by skeeter »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2020, 09:45:59 pm »
Who didn't know what this bozo witch was when Val Jar... OOPs! I mean Obozo put her on the court?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2020, 03:01:33 pm »
Leftists Have a Meltdown After Justice Sotomayor Claims Her Colleagues Are Biased
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2020/02/22/leftists-have-a-meltdown-after-justice-sotomayor-claims-her-colleagues-are-biased-n2561732

People have totally lost the capacity for self reflection, they can't seem to apply the same standards they have for everybody else to themselves. It's an epidemic.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2020, 03:36:48 pm »
The policy in question, the Immigration and Nationality Act, makes immigrants who are “likely at any time to become a public charge” ineligible for greencards. The policy virtually bars legal immigrants from using public assistance, including Medicaid, housing vouchers and food stamps.

HOW can this be anything other than good?

Is it that we don't have enough parasites already living in this country,and need to import more?

Look at all the "wonderful" changes that has happened in European countries that have opened their borders to the 2rd world.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2020, 03:38:09 pm »

@Hoodat

That's the sort of thing you have to expect when you start making AA appointments.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2020, 03:43:08 pm »
So, maybe academics are not the best choice for a judgeship?

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2020, 03:47:54 pm »
THE COURT IS BIASED!!!
Screams the woman who votes with Democrats on 110% of all cases she reviews.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2020, 02:57:35 pm »
Tom Cotton: Sonia Sotomayor Falsely Accused GOP-Appointed Justices of Doing What Democrat-Appointed Judges Do
https://www.breitbart.com/radio/2020/02/23/tom-cotton-justice-sotomayor-projected-dissent/
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2020, 03:09:23 pm »
Tom Cotton: Sonia Sotomayor Falsely Accused GOP-Appointed Justices of Doing What Democrat-Appointed Judges Do
https://www.breitbart.com/radio/2020/02/23/tom-cotton-justice-sotomayor-projected-dissent/

See page 21 of the Democrat playbook!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2020, 02:37:29 pm »
Trump takes aim at Sotomayor, Schiff, CNN and more at New Delhi press conference
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-comments-india-presser
Support the USO

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2020, 03:10:50 pm »
THE COURT IS BIASED!!!
Screams the woman who votes with Democrats on 110% of all cases she reviews.

Literally. I don't know if I've ever seen her crossover from the liberal position. Not once.
The Republic is lost.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2020, 03:15:23 pm »
Literally. I don't know if I've ever seen her crossover from the liberal position. Not once.
And you never will.
When a Republican votes on the Republican side of an issue, they are BIASED.
When a Democrat votes on the Democrat side of an issue, they are simply doing the rational 'correct' thing to do.
We must never forget that Democrats/Liberals are certifiably insane. And I mean that.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.