Author Topic: Cross targeted by atheists will remain standing on Florida public property  (Read 2010 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Cross targeted by atheists will remain standing on Florida public property
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2020, 11:19:32 pm »
And I am not going to let you get away with playing the One Dimensional Game,either.  It's the old "Can't shout "FIRE!" in a crowded theater thing.

Again, the same limitation that prohibits the federal government from inhibiting free exercise of religion also applies to speech.  It would be a violation of the Constitution for the federal government to outlaw shouting "Fire!" in a crowded theater.

That's not true either,and you know it. There are laws,and rightly so,that prohibit religious loons from putting boom boxes in belfry's and broadcasting religious sermons for everyone to hear,regardless of their religious viewpoints.

Please cite one of these federal laws.

But you just go ahead and claim the government does NOT have this right,and when you do so,let me know what neighborhood you live in so I can contact the nearest Mosque and tell them there is a neighborhood they need to reach out to with their calls to prayer.

What part of "Congress shall make no law" are you having difficulty with here?  There is no federal prohibition against members of a masjid shouting jumma prayers every Friday from the rooftop with a bull horn.  It is none of the federal government's business just as it isn't their business what Cobb County, Georgia puts in their history books about evolution or what some courthouse in Kentucky hangs on the wall.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2020, 11:45:10 pm »
Again, the same limitation that prohibits the federal government from inhibiting free exercise of religion also applies to speech.  It would be a violation of the Constitution for the federal government to outlaw shouting "Fire!" in a crowded theater.

Please cite one of these federal laws.

What part of "Congress shall make no law" are you having difficulty with here?  There is no federal prohibition against members of a masjid shouting jumma prayers every Friday from the rooftop with a bull horn.  It is none of the federal government's business just as it isn't their business what Cobb County, Georgia puts in their history books about evolution or what some courthouse in Kentucky hangs on the wall.

@Hoodat

They are state laws.  In some cases city laws,with varying names. Maybe "disturbing the peace" in some cases,or just noise violations in others. One case that comes to mind was a pack of religious loons were haunting Stapleton Airport in Denver,and harassing travelers by "trying to save their souls". A court,which I THINK was a state court but COULD have been federal ruled they could visit the airport to hand out literature and talk to those interested,but could get no closer than 12 feet to people that wanted to be left alone. So there they were,at the airport the next day,with 12 foot poles.

I know of one fundie church in Denver that tried putting speakers in their belfry and blasting out hymns and sermons on Sunday,and they were shut down,too. Disturbing the peace.

ALL of these incidents have federal govenrment/Constitutional connections because of the "freedom of religion" aspect.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mortarman

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2020, 11:58:39 pm »
From 2009 to 2012 I lived in the Veterans Housing Program barracks at Ft. McCoy. There are seven buildings in the Contanment area on the main post that are designated as chapels. Each building had a cross on it's steeple until Sock Monkey's evil an' utterly corrupt regime ordered the crosses removed an' six of the chapels shut down. Then in May of 2010, after the heroic Seal Team Six took out Bin Laden, a mosque waa opened on post. An' of course they had to have that muzzie caterwahling coming from the loud speakers day an' night.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2020, 12:30:57 am »
From 2009 to 2012 I lived in the Veterans Housing Program barracks at Ft. McCoy. There are seven buildings in the Contanment area on the main post that are designated as chapels. Each building had a cross on it's steeple until Sock Monkey's evil an' utterly corrupt regime ordered the crosses removed an' six of the chapels shut down. Then in May of 2010, after the heroic Seal Team Six took out Bin Laden, a mosque waa opened on post. An' of course they had to have that muzzie caterwahling coming from the loud speakers day an' night.

:pop41:

@mortarman

I can't even guess at what your legal options,if any,would be on a military base,but I have a pretty fair idea what I would do about the mosque and the call to prayer.

For one thing,Islam is NOT a religion. It is a form of government. An AGGRESSIVE AND VIOLENT form of government dedicated to world conquest by violent and subversive means.

We have laws against organized crime,so why are there no laws against Islam?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2020, 01:16:24 am »
@Hoodat

They are state laws.

Exactly.  State laws - not federal laws.   The federal government should not be involved at all.  Which brings us back to Florida.  If this cross violated Florida law, then the State of Florida is responsible for dealing with it.  Not the federal government.  (See:  Amendment I).  Our Bill of Rights places limitations on what the Federal government can do.  And in this case, it explicitly prohibits federal involvement.

ALL of these incidents have federal govenrment/Constitutional connections because of the "freedom of religion" aspect.

Freedom of religion does not come from the federal government.  It does not come from our Constitution.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2020, 01:47:18 am »
Exactly.  State laws - not federal laws.   The federal government should not be involved at all.  Which brings us back to Florida.  If this cross violated Florida law, then the State of Florida is responsible for dealing with it.  Not the federal government.  (See:  Amendment I).  Our Bill of Rights places limitations on what the Federal government can do.  And in this case, it explicitly prohibits federal involvement.

Freedom of religion does not come from the federal government.  It does not come from our Constitution.

@Hoodat

Islam is what makes these waters murky. Despite the PR calling it a religion,it is NOT a religion,it is a death cult bend on world domination via invasion and war.

States don't have the power to ban any group of foreigners from entry. Not even murderers masked as religious believers.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2020, 02:02:29 am »
@Hoodat

Islam is what makes these waters murky.

There is nothing murky about the Constitution of the United States of America.  I stand by Amendments I and X, not by what you or anyone else deems to be in the public interest.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2020, 05:20:36 am »
There is nothing murky about the Constitution of the United States of America.  I stand by Amendments I and X, not by what you or anyone else deems to be in the public interest.

@Hoodat

OK,now you are starting to piss me off. Do you NOT understand the FACT that I said Islam in NOT a religion,but a form of religious police state,and it was ISLAM that made the Constitutional issue murky?