Author Topic: Doug Collins not interested in national intelligence role despite Trump interest  (Read 194 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Doug Collins not interested in national intelligence role despite Trump interest
By Alicia Cohn - 02/21/20 08:27 AM EST

Rep. Doug Collins (R-Ga.) on Friday said that he's not interested in a job as director of national intelligence, despite President Trump floating the idea the previous day.

"This is not a job that interests me; at this time it's not one that I would accept because I'm running a Senate race down here in Georgia," Collins told Fox Business Network's Maria Bartiromo. "I'm sure the president will pick somebody appropriate for that job."

Trump floated the idea of nominating Collins to reporters on Air Force One on Thursday night.

The president on Wednesday named Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell as the acting intelligence chief, replacing Joseph Maguire, who also served in an acting capacity since Coats's departure. The director oversees the nation's intelligence agencies.

A permanent director would need to be confirmed by the Senate.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/484008-doug-collins-not-interested-in-national-intelligence-role-despite-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34