Author Topic: Pardoned Rob Blagojevich has message for fellow Democrats and how they treat President Trump  (Read 709 times)

rangerrebew

Pardoned Rob Blagojevich has message for fellow Democrats and how they treat President Trump
President Trump is a fair leader who looks at corruption the same way, regardless of who is being punished

By Wayne Dupree
February 19, 2020

Many people are wondering Why did President Trump release former Governor Rod Blagojevich?

I’ll tell you why—because the punishment didn’t fit the crime.

Just like with Roger Stone’s suggested sentencing—totally excessive and unfair.

https://www.lifezette.com/2020/02/pardoned-rob-blagojevich-has-message-for-fellow-democrats-and-how-they-treat-president-trump/?utm_source=right-rail-latest

Offline Applewood

Where's my shovel?  That was a steaming pile of horse manure.

But I guess Blago had to say something in exchange for his early release. 

And I wish people would stop trying to tie this to Stone.  Who is Mr. Dupree -- or any of us for that matter -- to decide what sentence is fair for Stone? 

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

And I wish people would stop trying to tie this to Stone.  Who is Mr. Dupree -- or any of us for that matter -- to decide what sentence is fair for Stone?

That's a really odd statement.  So it is only an unelected Judge who has the wisdom to decide what kind of sentence is appropriate for a given crime, and that others are somehow lacking in that capacity?  From what divine source do they get that particular sense of justice/fairness that makes them unique?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

That's a really odd statement.  So it is only an unelected Judge who has the wisdom to decide what kind of sentence is appropriate for a given crime, and that others are somehow lacking in that capacity?  From what divine source do they get that particular sense of justice/fairness that makes them unique?

Perhaps @Applewood thought a judge who presided over the case might be better informed, and therefore a more appropriate official in rendering judgement.  It make some sense to me, but then again Trump says "He seems like a nice guy" (Blagojevich).  If your looking for a 'divine' source forgive the sleazy rat Gov who sells US Senate seats.  #MAGA

Offline Applewood

Actually, yes.  In each case, the judge is supposed to look at the totality of the trial and the verdict (how many counts was he convicted of, how severe they were, etc.), the evidence, witness testimony and, maybe more importantly, the sentencing guidelines.  That is the judge's job.  He or she sits in the courtroom day after day and knows what was said and what evidence and legal arguments were presented.  You or I or anyone else don't know that.  All we know is what is reported to us  about what is going on in a trial, and 99.99% of the time, the reporting is a fabrication.

Now if it bothers you that federal judges are appointed instead of elected, then maybe you should take that up with your congress person.  I know that on occasion, there have been noises made about making federal judgeships elected instead of appointed, but nothing has ever come of those efforts. 

Offline Applewood

Perhaps @Applewood thought a judge who presided over the case might be better informed, and therefore a more appropriate official in rendering judgement.  It make some sense to me, but then again Trump says "He seems like a nice guy" (Blagojevich).  If your looking for a 'divine' source forgive the sleazy rat Gov who sells US Senate seats.  #MAGA

@Once-Ler

Thank you. 

Online berdie

In my world...presidents have pardoned many people. Some should have been, some not so much. :shrug:

To me this is just another way to get Trump.

In my world...presidents have pardoned many people. Some should have been, some not so much. :shrug:

Right.  How dare people question Dear Leader?!?  His righteous power cannot be perceived by mortal men.  Judge not!  Lest ye be deemed capable of independent thought. 

USA!  USA!  USA!

I like Rob too    :beer:

Online corbe

I thought that what got Blagojevich was that the Judge refused his two witnesses from testifying, obummer and Jesse Jackson Jr, who were conspiring to steal the seat from the Governor, in the first place, but I could be wrong.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Right.  How dare people question Dear Leader?!?  His righteous power cannot be perceived by mortal men.  Judge not!  Lest ye be deemed capable of independent thought. 

USA!  USA!  USA!

I like Rob too    :beer:

I always thought Blagojevich's first name was "Rod." 

Huh.

Whatever, RE Trump, "We got 'im now!"  Y'all need to call your Congresman and demand another Impeachment.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
   I thought that what got Blagojevich was that the Judge refused his two witnesses from testifying, obummer and Jesse Jackson Jr, who were conspiring to steal the seat from the Governor, in the first place, but I could be wrong.

Shhh.  They're on a roll.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline ArneFufkin

The bitter clinging by forum bitter-clingers is strong on this thread.

Online corbe

The bitter clinging by forum bitter-clingers is strong on this thread.

Hey, I resemble that remark.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Whatever, RE Trump, "We got 'im now!"

???

He's all yours.  Tell me what you like about Rob.

Offline Applewood

In the old days I trusted the president to make these decisions based on careful deliberation, weighing the facts and circumstances, looking at factors such as maybe the inmate's health, how close the inmate is to the end of his term, or maybe the inmate did something to redeem himself.  Sadly, these days I can't trust Trump to make many decisions without there being something off -- maybe even suspicious -- in his motivation.  He's been trying, either directly or indirectly, to assert himself into the Stone case and complaining that his buddy was unjustly accused, tried and convicted -- without any proof that there was any such injustice.  And in the Bojo case, Trump supporters have been making  similar allegations, again without proof. 

So what's going on here?  Is Trump trying to usurp the judicial branch?  Yes, the Founders put into place the system of checks and balances.  But it seems like he and those who support him want him to have some powers over the judicial branch not contemplated by the Founders. 

By the way, Trump has made some good pardons.  Scooter Libby and Dinesh D'Souza  come to mind.  The ones yesterday -- I'm not so sure.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
???

He's all yours.  Tell me what you like about Rob.

I don't know anything about any "Rob." :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
In the old days I trusted the president to make these decisions based on careful deliberation, weighing the facts and circumstances, looking at factors such as maybe the inmate's health, how close the inmate is to the end of his term, or maybe the inmate did something to redeem himself.  Sadly, these days I can't trust Trump to make many decisions without there being something off -- maybe even suspicious -- in his motivation.  He's been trying, either directly or indirectly, to assert himself into the Stone case and complaining that his buddy was unjustly accused, tried and convicted -- without any proof that there was any such injustice.  And in the Bojo case, Trump supporters have been making  similar allegations, again without proof. 

So what's going on here?  Is Trump trying to usurp the judicial branch?  Yes, the Founders put into place the system of checks and balances.  But it seems like he and those who support him want him to have some powers over the judicial branch not contemplated by the Founders. 

By the way, Trump has made some good pardons.  Scooter Libby and Dinesh D'Souza  come to mind.  The ones yesterday -- I'm not so sure.

Sounds partisan.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
How?

Should a Republican President only Pardon Republicans?  Is it out of the realm of possibility A Dem like Blago could get railroaded by the same Prosecutor who tried to hang Scooter Libbey out to dry?
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

'Freedom Loving' Rob is about to be the Star Witness in Durham's New Investigation into obummer that brings their whole damn party down, oh wait, I smell another season of Quid Pro Quo?

I don't know anything about any "Rob." :shrug:
Rob Blagojevich - the guy https://www.lifezette.com thinks was "pardoned."  The kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful governor to withhold money for a children's hospital over a political payoff.  A contrite convicted felon 'freed political prisoner' who today declared "I'm going to fight against a corrupt criminal justice system that persecutes and prosecutes people that do nothing wrong,"

Defend him

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

And shakes down Children's Hospitals.

To me Trump is bringing attention to himself.  This was a Democrat and Trump is a republican?  Then he's going on and on comparing Blags case to his own.  What did they have it out for Democrats and Republicans?  Was it a "witch hunt" against Blagojevich?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 05:04:15 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Absalom

----------------------------------
Utter nonsense.
The Ancients were judged by their peers, those 'equivalent' to themselves.
Judge is a modernist label/title and as incompetent as they often are, allowing
political trash to replace them in rendering judgement is eons beyond stupid.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
----------------------------------
Utter nonsense.
The Ancients were judged by their peers, those 'equivalent' to themselves.
Judge is a modernist label/title and as incompetent as they often are, allowing
political trash to replace them in rendering judgement is eons beyond stupid.

May I recommend, for your edification, proposing an amendment to the US Constitution to remove the power to Pardon from the President?  Sounds like what you and the others want, so please have at it.  Stop nibbling at the edges, man up and get the job done correctly.
I will NOT comply.