Author Topic: Disastrous Amnesty Bill Has Some GOP Support in Senate  (Read 794 times)

rangerrebew

Disastrous Amnesty Bill Has Some GOP Support in Senate
« on: February 19, 2020, 04:07:12 pm »
Disastrous Amnesty Bill Has Some GOP Support in Senate
by Matt Palumbo Posted: February 18, 2020

President Donald Trump has been making progress on funding his desired border wall, with the most recent development being nearly $4 billion diverted from the Pentagon to fund the project. Trump also recently waived 10 federal laws to expedite the construction of 177 miles of border.

Once complete entirely, the wall will put a band aid on the problem by helping slow the flow of illegal immigrants into the country, but for those already here, some GOP senators are already waiving the white flag (or simply don’t care).

According to Conservative Review’s Daniel Horowitz: Two GOP staffers have informed me that Sen. Thom Tillis, along with Sens. James Lankford (R-Okla.) and Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), began working this Wednesday on an effort to get Trump’s support for a mass amnesty bill that passed the House last year. Rosemary Jenks, government relations director of Numbers USA, which is opposing the bill, confirmed to me that those are the three leaders of the potential bill in the Senate. Conservative HQ, a publication run by legendary conservative Richard Viguerie, reports that Tillis is expected to be the lead Senate sponsor and that Vice President Pence’s PAC is rumored to be supporting this bill. I’ve heard the same from my sources in the Senate as well.

https://bongino.com/disastrous-amnesty-bill-has-some-gop-support-in-senate/

Online roamer_1

Re: Disastrous Amnesty Bill Has Some GOP Support in Senate
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 04:15:21 pm »
Vice President Pence’s PAC is rumored to be supporting this bill.

If true, that'd mark me done with Pence.  **nononono*

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 04:16:18 pm »
Proponents constantly use their need in order to pluck chickens and pick lettuce to justify general amnesty, but illegals working in agriculture & ranching constitute about 2% of those currently in the country.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 04:18:03 pm by skeeter »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 04:24:51 pm »

I never liked the guy nor trusted him.

Attention was on impeachment and is now on the coronavirus, Barr, etc., and the DEM mental midget primaries. Meanwhile .... not a lot of focus on illegal immigration, building the wall, amnesty, etc.   People are assuming that Trump and the GOP are still focused on these things.

You can bet that the former members of the Gang of 8 are still going to push this through; McConnell, Rubio, Graham at the end of the day the RINO's still have horns.  Only thing thankfully is McCain isn't lurking behind the scenes anymore.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 04:32:34 pm »
I never liked the guy nor trusted him.

I liked him a lot until he became governor - and got a whole lot more wishy-washy.

You can bet that the former members of the Gang of 8 are still going to push this through; McConnell, Rubio, Graham at the end of the day the RINO's still have horns.  Only thing thankfully is McCain isn't lurking behind the scenes anymore.

Are you kidding? They have ALL the horns... And far fewer Conservatives to get in their way in both houses, thanks largely to Tumpy's administrative revolving door.

If we can stop it this time it will be by the skin of our teeth.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 04:33:33 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 04:47:55 pm »

The curds always fall to the bottom. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.