Author Topic: Wall Street Journal praises book about Islam’s glorious past, whitewashes its brutality and inhumani  (Read 253 times)

rangerrebew

Wall Street Journal praises book about Islam’s glorious past, whitewashes its brutality and inhumanity

Feb 18, 2020 2:00 pm By Robert Spencer 22 Comments

In this enthusiastic, adulatory review of Justin Marozzi’s book Islamic Empires, Tunku Varadarajan, executive editor at Stanford University’s Hoover Institution and thus someone who should know better if our academic environment were not so corrupt and compromised, retails present-day academic fictions about Islamic history that outrage the historical record, and that no one who was remotely honest and even glancingly familiar with that record could repeat with a straight face.

“His previous books include biographies of Herodotus and Tamerlane, the 14th-century Turco-Mongol conqueror whom Mr. Marozzi lauds as ‘one of history’s greatest self-made men.'”

That he may have been, but Tamerlane was much more as well, yet Tunku Varadarajan and apparently Justin Marozzi don’t see fit to inform us of that fact. In The History of Jihad we learn, among much more about Tamerlane, that Sharaf ad-Din Ali Yazdi, a fifteenth-century Persian who wrote a biography of Tamerlane, observed that “the Qur’an says the highest dignity man can attain is that of making war in person against the enemies of his religion. Muhammad advises the same thing, according to the tradition of the Muslim doctors: wherefore the great Temur always strove to exterminate the infidels, as much to acquire that glory, as to signalise himself by the greatness of his conquests.” One of history’s greatest self-made men indeed.

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2020/02/wall-street-journal-praises-book-about-islams-glorious-past-whitewashes-its-brutality-and-inhumanity

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
This is probably the 1,219th time I have said this.

There is a reason our ancestors fought these people 800 years ago, and ever since.  Our religions are not compatible on this earth.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mortarman

It's about what I 'xpect from any division of the Propaganda Ministry For the Left-wing Fascist Agenda.

:2popcorn:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.