Author Topic: BAM! WATCH: Pompeo Bluntly Tells Europe: ‘Name Me A Moment In History When The Weak And The Meek Ha  (Read 377 times)

rangerrebew

BAM! WATCH: Pompeo Bluntly Tells Europe: ‘Name Me A Moment In History When The Weak And The Meek Have Prevailed’
By Pamela Geller - on February 18, 2020

Speaking at the Munich Security Conference on Saturday, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo threw down the gauntlet to other Western countries, asserting, “Over the past few years, I’ve seen, we’ve all seen, democratic leaders questioning America’s commitment to the transatlantic alliance and America’s leadership in the world.”

Pompeo cited some quotes from Western leaders, including Canada’s Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland saying in June 2017,  “The fact that our friend and ally has come to question the very worth of its mantle of global leadership, puts into sharper focus the need for the rest of us to set our own clear and sovereign course.”

https://gellerreport.com/2020/02/pompeo-owns-euroclowns.html/

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Bam?

Didn't know I was on a Cooking thread....

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
[quoteLet’s start with a simple fact: Free nations are simply more successful than any other model that’s been tried in the history of civilization. Our governments respect basic human rights, they foster economic prosperity, and they keep us all secure. It’s why so many people risk a dangerous journey across the Mediterranean to reach Greece and Italy, but you don’t see the world’s vulnerable people risking their lives to skip illegally en masse to countries like Iran or to Cuba.][/quote]

@rangerrebew

That asshat is actually trying to portray Muslims as victims,and they are coming to the US to ENJOY LIVING FREE?????

Is there anyway we can get his citizenship pulled while he is out of the country?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

[quoteLet’s start with a simple fact: Free nations are simply more successful than any other model that’s been tried in the history of civilization. Our governments respect basic human rights, they foster economic prosperity, and they keep us all secure. It’s why so many people risk a dangerous journey across the Mediterranean to reach Greece and Italy, but you don’t see the world’s vulnerable people risking their lives to skip illegally en masse to countries like Iran or to Cuba.]

@rangerrebew

That asshat is actually trying to portray Muslims as victims,and they are coming to the US to ENJOY LIVING FREE?????

Is there anyway we can get his citizenship pulled while he is out of the country?

Well they are coming here for freedom - for themselves. They never promised the same for the rest of us.

Offline roamer_1

‘Name Me A Moment In History When The Weak And The Meek Have Prevailed’

Israel in the Exodus at the shore of the Red Sea

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well they are coming here for freedom - for themselves. They never promised the same for the rest of us.

@skeeter

I disagree. The whole concept of freedom scares the hell out of them. What they want is to be slaves,and to make everyone else a slave,too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@roamer_1

I guess one way of defining "prevailed" is to run away,but that's not the normal sense of the word.

Offline musiclady

Early Christians?  They were martyred, but definitely 'prevailed.'
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

I guess one way of defining "prevailed" is to run away,but that's not the normal sense of the word.

@sneakypete

Pharaoh and his army drowned... Seems they did the right thing. 'Let Go and Let God', in capital letters.

Offline roamer_1

The Father loves an underdog...  :beer: :seeya:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

I don't think the decision to throw off the Egyptian yoke and march to the Promised Land was either weak or meek.

But even if it was...that took the open hand of God coming down to part the Red Sea, to prevent the Jews from being killed or recaptured.  I'd prefer if our foreign policy wasn't dependent on direct divine intervention on that scale to be successful.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
So, the Knights Templar were meek and mild?
The Crusades were meek and mild?
The Allied Forces in WWII were meek and mild?
It takes a lot to provoke Christians. But once they get pissed, there is no more meek and mild.
They used to rain hell down on the Muslim barbarians. Now, most Christians just want to friends with the Jihadists.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline musiclady

So, the Knights Templar were meek and mild?
The Crusades were meek and mild?
The Allied Forces in WWII were meek and mild?
It takes a lot to provoke Christians. But once they get pissed, there is no more meek and mild.
They used to rain hell down on the Muslim barbarians. Now, most Christians just want to friends with the Jihadists.

I was referring to the Apostles and first century Christians who were fed to the lions, cut in two, crucified, hung upside down, tortured, and killed for their faith.

They were humble, but they definitely prevailed, because they spread the Good news throughout the world.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

Offline roamer_1

I don't think the decision to throw off the Egyptian yoke and march to the Promised Land was either weak or meek.

But even if it was...that took the open hand of God coming down to part the Red Sea, to prevent the Jews from being killed or recaptured.  I'd prefer if our foreign policy wasn't dependent on direct divine intervention on that scale to be successful.

I would submit that in the end, it is the Father's hand that protects us, and not our armies - Which was the point I meant to raise in the first place.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Ergo, "The Meek shall inherit the Earth". 

And many of us here in the U.S. are descendents of "Early Christians".

And we aim to keep it.    wink777

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald