Author Topic: Lawmakers say National Guard accomplish exact same mission as active duty, should have the same ben  (Read 207 times)

rangerrebew

Lawmakers say National Guard accomplish exact same mission as active duty, should have the same benefits
February 17th, 2020   

WASHINGTON — Both chambers of Congress are proposing ambitious bipartisan changes to the GI Bill aimed to bridge the pay and benefits gap between active-duty troops and National Guard members.

The measure introduced this week, the Guard and Reserve GI Bill Parity Act of 2020, would mandate all days served in uniform would accumulate toward education benefits, regardless of duty status, potentially opening up millions of dollars in federal benefits to thousands of troops.

https://popularmilitary.com/lawmakers-say-national-guard-accomplish-exact-same-mission-as-active-duty-should-have-the-same-benefits/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Seems both reasonable and fair to me.

Am I missing anything?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline EdinVA

I would hope the 90 day active duty does not include domestic activation for floods and border protection.  Deployment for direct war time support should be the only time counted.
When are the Merchant Marines going to get equal consideration?