Author Topic: Democrat Pete Buttigieg overstated pledges of support from black leaders, public figures  (Read 454 times)

Offline mountaineer

So Biblical scholar Pete is lying? Gee, how does that conform to his view of Scripture?
Democrat Pete Buttigieg overstated pledges of support from black leaders, public figures
By Briana Stewart and Beatrice Peterson
February 18, 2020, 7:01 PM

When Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg touted support from African American comedian and actor Keegan-Michael Key last week, his campaign was forced just hours later to clarify that the actor had not officially endorsed the former South Bend mayor, telling reporters he only sought to "encourage early voting and voter registration." ...

(I)t was not the first time the Buttigieg campaign overstated having a tie with a prominent African American figure, or black business. ...

Then last week, Buttigieg wrote an op-ed in a major South Carolina newspaper saying his campaign has "proudly partnered with local businesses," citing Diane's Kitchen in Chester and Atlantis Restaurant in Moncks Corner. But when ABC News reached out to the entrepreneurs about these new partnerships, they only remembered welcoming Buttigieg's campaign as customers, not forging any sort of partnership with the candidate.

"I stand for what I stand for and I didn't say I had a partnership," Diane Cole, the owner of Diane's Kitchen, told ABC News on Friday, Feb. 14.  ...
Full story at ABC News
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Why South Bend residents are warning America about Pete Buttigieg
By Reuven Fenton and Bruce Golding
February 18, 2020 | 7:29pm
SOUTH BEND, Ind. — When residents of this city’s impoverished West Side reflect on Pete Buttigieg’s two terms as mayor, a few things come to mind:

A spike in violent crime, development that largely ignored the African American community and how their only well-lit street is the one that leads to Notre Dame University.

So how, they wonder, can Buttigieg possibly be trusted to run the country?

“If he’s the next president, I fear for our country. He couldn’t run our city. How can he run the United States?,” said Michelle Burger, 42, a stay-at-home mom who lives in South Bend’s impoverished and predominantly black West Side. ...

One of Buttigieg’s fiercest critics, Councilman Henry Davis Jr., said that Buttigieg was “inept” as mayor and “always had one foot out the door.” ...
Full lengthy story at New York Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org