Author Topic: Bernie Sanders breaks with AOC: Medicare for All is 'already a compromise'  (Read 372 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bernie Sanders breaks with AOC: Medicare for All is 'already a compromise'
by Naomi Lim
 | February 18, 2020 09:11 PM

Bernie Sanders contradicted New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, describing his Medicare for All bill as a concession from what a single-payer healthcare system could be.

"I love Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. She has done more in her first year in Congress to transform politics, to get young people involved, than any freshman member of Congress that I can remember," the Vermont senator, 78, said during a CNN town hall.

He added, "But, my view is that Medicare for All, the bill that we wrote, is already a compromise. It is a four-year transition period."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/bernie-sanders-breaks-with-aoc-medicare-for-all-is-already-a-compromise
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Bernie Sanders breaks with AOC: Medicare for All is 'already a compromise'
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 02:56:55 pm »
 He is completely lying through his teeth and you only have to read Medicare for all to know this.

He’s trying to play the “I’m going to moderate my positions” game but that is not gonna work. In other words, when the arguments are made, he knows Medicare for all will not sell

So we have the more moderate Democrats fighting with the left wing Democrats and we have the left-wing Democrats fighting with the left-wing Democrats
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 02:58:02 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy