Author Topic: Energy deputy secretary nominee in hot water after contradicting Trump  (Read 566 times)

Offline corbe

Energy deputy secretary nominee in hot water after contradicting Trump

Alayna Treene, Jonathan Swan

45 mins ago

Trump administration officials are internally raising concerns about President Trump’s nominee for Energy deputy secretary, who appeared to openly contradict the president on nuclear waste storage at Nevada’s Yucca Mountain last week.

Driving the news: While speaking at a House Energy and Commerce subcommittee hearing last Wednesday, Mark Menezes told members of the panel that the Trump administration is still interested in storing nuclear waste at Yucca Mountain and that “what we're trying to do is to put together a process that will give us a path to permanent storage at Yucca."

His statement came just weeks after Trump tweeted that he hears and respects Nevadans’ concerns about the nuclear waste repository — part of a long-standing “not in my backyard” battle. “[M]y Administration is committed to exploring innovative approaches – I’m confident we can get it done!” Trump said.

<..snip..>

https://www.axios.com/energy-deputy-secretary-nominee-contradicts-trump-yucca-mountain-1395063d-bd50-4c20-8494-4150483b0773.html
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Energy deputy secretary nominee in hot water after contradicting Trump
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 12:24:06 am »
This seems an attempt to make something out of what appears to be nothing.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline corbe

Re: Energy deputy secretary nominee in hot water after contradicting Trump
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 12:38:11 am »
   It's Axios, so their BIAS is usually pretty apparent.  There were some interesting facts in the article (I thought) and Nevada is coming up in the primaries, Trump's doing a Rally there soon.  With Lee, Romney and the SEIU there, Nevada may be in 'play', and Trump's campaign feels he could be a 'contenda' there.  This Yucca Mountain 180 policy announcement may help, but I could be wrong.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.