Author Topic: Putting Texas First! Texans Have A Choice to Replace John Cornyn For US Senate. Early Voting Starts  (Read 558 times)

Offline corbe

Putting Texas First! Texans Have A Choice to Replace John Cornyn For US Senate. Early Voting Starts February 18th.

DIARY / A.C. Swiger //

Posted at 8:30 am on February 18, 2020 by A.C. Swiger

From the diaries by streiff. Promotion does not imply endorsement.

OK, fellow Texans.

How many times have you heard “I like the conservative candidate X for any office but he can’t win, so I’ll vote for the Establishment Candidate Y”?

How many times have you voted for the Establishment Candidate Y because you thought the conservative candidate X didn’t have a chance?

How many times have you voted for Establishment Candidate Y because you didn’t have a choice? Or worse, because you didn’t know you had a choice?

How many times has Establishment candidate Y been John Cornyn?

30% of Texas Republicans and I voted for someone other than John Cornyn in the 2014 primary. Cornyn hasn’t even shown he is aware of the discontent 30% of the Republican Electorate represents.

<..snip..>

https://www.redstate.com/diary/aceintx/2020/02/18/putting-texas-first.-texans-have-a-choice-for-us-senate.-early-voting-starts-feb-18th-2020./
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

As much as I dislike Cornyn, I'm not sold on this Stovall guy especially after his earlier crap he pulled in 2014, and will probably NOT vote for either of these reprobates.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
My vote FOR Dwayne Stovall is in the can as of 10 AM this morning.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline berdie

As much as I dislike Cornyn, I'm not sold on this Stovall guy especially after his earlier crap he pulled in 2014, and will probably NOT vote for either of these reprobates.

I'm curious...what did Stovall do? I can't remember.

Offline corbe

I'm curious...what did Stovall do? I can't remember.

@berdie
   Again my memory has failed me and I sincerely apologize to Dwayne and any Stovall fans here.  It was Stockman (a Tea Party Darling), also running in the primary against Cornyn in 2014 that pulled the disappearing act that doomed his candidacy.

Texas tea party sours on Stockman

By KATIE GLUECK 02/21/2014 05:06 AM EST

HOUSTON — It’s the epic GOP primary that wasn’t.

Tea party activists hoped to oust Texas Sen. John Cornyn this year in an early-March contest that could have burnished their credibility heading into the midterms. Instead, Cornyn’s best-known challenger, Rep. Steve Stockman, has gone missing on the campaign trail, dogged by unflattering stories about his past and his ethics.

It’s a disappointment for many national political watchers who had pulled out the popcorn for this race. Stockman has a penchant for making inflammatory statements — one of his bumper stickers read: “If babies had guns they wouldn’t be aborted.” In December, he tweeted a picture of a can of “liberal tears,” calling it the “best gun lubricant around.”

While that kind of rhetoric resonates with a corner of the GOP base, establishment Republicans trying to avoid intraparty warfare are relieved to see Stockman’s campaign founder. And as Cornyn sails toward the nomination and back to the Senate, even the most ardent Texas tea party activists are distancing themselves from the firebrand congressman — and wishing he would quit saying he’s one of them.

<..snip..>

https://www.politico.com/story/2014/02/texas-steve-stockman-john-cornyn-republican-senate-primary-elections-2014-103754

STOVALL will get my VOTE!!!!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I always have this fantasy of Ted Cruz announcing he was running for Cornyn's seat.

Then when Ted wins, he vacates his current seat and Abbott gets to appoint a staunch conservative in Ted's old seat.

One can dream.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington