Author Topic: Bolton decries White House 'censorship' in rare public remarks on his book  (Read 392 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bolton decries White House 'censorship' in rare public remarks on his book
By Justine Coleman - 02/17/20 08:53 PM EST

Former national security adviser John Bolton decried potential White House “censorship” of his upcoming book in a public discussion on Monday.

Bolton spoke at Duke University in his first appearance since the Senate voted not to hear testimony from him during President Trump's impeachment trial. He called the parts of his memoir dealing with Ukraine controversy that sparked impeachment “the sprinkles on an ice cream sundae,” The New York Times and CNN reported.

"For all the focus on Ukraine and impeachment trial: to me there are portions of the manuscript that deal with Ukraine — I view that as the sprinkles on an ice cream sundae, in terms of the book,” he reportedly said. “This is an effort to write history. I did the best I can ... We'll see what happens with the censorship.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/483401-bolton-decries-white-house-censorship-in-rare-public-remarks-on-his
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Bolton decries White House 'censorship' in rare public remarks on his book
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 03:03:37 am »
I think it is just that.  Censorship.  I don't think that Bolton would put things in his book that were national security threats.  Threats to Trump lies probably.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 03:42:22 am »
I think it is just that.  Censorship.  I don't think that Bolton would put things in his book that were national security threats.  Threats to Trump lies probably.

Please send all your tin foil complaints to the NSC attorneys reviewing the book.

I'm sure they'll appreciate it.   wink777

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 08:09:17 am »
Well, we know what sort of reviews the MSM outlets would give the book if it were all gushing praise, now, don't we?

At least with hints at alleged impropriety he can get some free advertising.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 08:06:44 pm »

Right you are! Trump is the only liar in DeeCee. Bolton and Vindeman would never utter an untruth.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: