Author Topic: Ted Cruz, once a Trump rival, worked to save his presidency  (Read 1406 times)

Offline corbe

Ted Cruz, once a Trump rival, worked to save his presidency
« on: February 17, 2020, 05:37:09 pm »

Ted Cruz once called Trump ‘utterly amoral’ and a ‘sniveling coward.’ Then he worked to save his presidency.

by Mike DeBonis, The Washington Post Feb. 15, 2020 1 PM

Donald Trump called him “Lyin’ Ted” Cruz, mocked his wife’s appearance and falsely suggested his father was involved in President John F. Kennedy’s assassination.

Cruz called Trump a “sniveling coward,” a “pathological liar” and “utterly amoral,” and infuriated Republicans when he declined to endorse the nominee at the 2016 Republican National Convention.

Four years later, one of the nastiest rivalries in recent memory — a brawl both personal and political — has given way to a mutually beneficial partnership forged in the crucible of impeachment.

Working inside the Senate and out, Cruz (R-Tex.) played a unique role in securing Trump’s swift acquittal at the third-ever presidential impeachment trial — simultaneously serving as legal strategist, jury consultant, messaging guru, broadcast surrogate and, unexpectedly, a breakout podcasting star.

<..snip..>

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/02/15/ted-cruz-once-trump-rival-worked-save-his-presidency/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Ted Cruz, once a Trump rival, worked to save his presidency
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 05:59:26 pm »

Ted Cruz once called Trump ‘utterly amoral’ and a ‘sniveling coward.’ Then he worked to save his presidency.

Donald Trump called him “Lyin’ Ted” Cruz, mocked his wife’s appearance and falsely suggested his father was involved in President John F. Kennedy’s assassination.

Cruz called Trump a “sniveling coward,” a “pathological liar” and “utterly amoral,” and infuriated Republicans when he declined to endorse the nominee at the 2016 Republican National Convention.

Four years later, one of the nastiest rivalries in recent memory — a brawl both personal and political — has given way to a mutually beneficial partnership forged in the crucible of impeachment.

Working inside the Senate and out, Cruz (R-Tex.) played a unique role in securing Trump’s swift acquittal at the third-ever presidential impeachment trial — simultaneously serving as legal strategist, jury consultant, messaging guru, broadcast surrogate and, unexpectedly, a breakout podcasting star.

<..snip..>

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/02/15/ted-cruz-once-trump-rival-worked-save-his-presidency/

And at the turd-fested TOS, they still call him Lyin' Ted.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 08:40:28 pm »
And at the turd-fested TOS, they still call him Lyin' Ted.
Only at the TOS?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 08:45:20 pm »

<..snip..>

Ted Cruz still rocks!   Trump was a fool not to offer him the VP spot.  Then again, Trump has a record of not appointing the best people.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 08:53:41 pm »
Ted Cruz still rocks!   Trump was a fool not to offer him the VP spot.  Then again, Trump has a record of not appointing the best people.

His skills would be best used on SCOTUS. We would be benefitting from his brainpower for decades to come.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 09:13:12 pm »
His skills would be best used on SCOTUS. We would be benefitting from his brainpower for decades to come.

His brainpower would well serve us as our next president ... then I'd like to see him take a seat on the bench.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 09:22:21 pm »
    It worked the first time it was tried, for the most part @libertybele

William Howard Taft
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2020, 09:24:03 pm »
His brainpower would well serve us as our next president ... then I'd like to see him take a seat on the bench.

I agree. I just do not think today's electorate has the depth, the attention span nor critical thinking skills to choose him.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2020, 09:50:06 pm »
I agree. I just do not think today's electorate has the depth, the attention span nor critical thinking skills to choose him.

That is certainly true; that was proven back in '16.  However, I would hope that the electorate would be smart enough to select him over someone like Bloomberg, Buttgig or Bernie. 

Just an observation -- ever notice that somehow the DEMS always wind up with 3 stooges??

Oop, my bad -- I forgot Biden -- so we have Biden, Bloomberg, Butgig or Bernie -- the 4 __________??? 

@corbe perhaps time for one of your infamous polls??
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 09:52:52 pm by libertybele »

Offline corbe

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2020, 01:51:55 am »

@skeeter

I still don't trust him as a political ally,but there can be no question about him being VERY smart,and putting him on the SC would get him out of elective office and allow him to concentrate solely on the law and the Constitution.

The only real question left that needs to be answered first is "Who is standing in line to take over for him as a US Senator from Texas"? This is not a throwaway question,either.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2020, 01:54:05 am »
That is certainly true; that was proven back in '16.  However, I would hope that the electorate would be smart enough to select him over someone like Bloomberg, Buttgig or Bernie. 

@libertybele

Hell,compared to THOSE loons,*I* would make a great president,and my presidency would be a LOT more entertaining than any of theirs.

"Sneakypete for CMMFIC!" Pass it on.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2020, 02:13:56 am »
@skeeter

I still don't trust him as a political ally,but there can be no question about him being VERY smart,and putting him on the SC would get him out of elective office and allow him to concentrate solely on the law and the Constitution.

The only real question left that needs to be answered first is "Who is standing in line to take over for him as a US Senator from Texas"? This is not a throwaway question,either.

Abbott comes to mind, but he is damn valuable as governor too.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2020, 02:14:29 am »
@libertybele

Hell,compared to THOSE loons,*I* would make a great president,and my presidency would be a LOT more entertaining than any of theirs.

"Sneakypete for CMMFIC!" Pass it on.

I have no doubt you'd be a better president than any of the bat crap crazy liberal loonies...only problem is Congress is also full of them.  That's why I continue to pray for Trump -- he has to put up with their lunacy on a daily basis.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2020, 02:18:14 am »
Abbott comes to mind, but he is damn valuable as governor too.

@catfish1957

I am not from Texas and don't know the first thing about him,but if you think he is a good possibility,you need to be pushing him to run if Cruz goes to the Supremes. Remind him of how little influence governors really have on politics compared to US Senators,and remind him a US Senate seat is for all practical purposes,a life-time seat.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2020, 02:23:51 am »
I have no doubt you'd be a better president than any of the bat crap crazy liberal loonies...only problem is Congress is also full of them.  That's why I continue to pray for Trump -- he has to put up with their lunacy on a daily basis.

@libertybele

Don't worry about Trump. Remember,he grew up in NYC and dealing with greedy,selfish,crooked loons has been a normal  part of his daily job for all his life. He got started in the rental property business working for his father as a teenager and seeing the bribes his father had to pay just to be able to get the permits needed to run his business,so he is well-versed in dealing with crooks. The difference is now he is in the catbirds seat,and THEY have to please him.

I don't know about you,but to me,Trump just doesn't seem like the "forget and forgive" type. I strongly suspect he is having the time of his life.

Offline corbe

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2020, 02:32:04 am »
   I would have untied my tubes and had this guy's baby (Cruz) in 2016, alas, now the Thrill is Gone.  He's still better than anyone out there  @LegalAmerican

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2020, 02:37:05 am »
@libertybele

Just an observation -- ever notice that somehow the DEMS always wind up with 3 stooges??

Oop, my bad -- I forgot Biden -- so we have Biden, Bloomberg, Butgig or Bernie -- the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse ??? 

@corbe perhaps time for one of your infamous polls??
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2020, 04:41:56 am »
   I would have untied my tubes and had this guy's baby (Cruz) in 2016, alas, now the Thrill is Gone.  He's still better than anyone out there  @LegalAmerican

I am there too, less the homosexual tones. He's becoming a disappointment.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2020, 05:19:24 am »
@libertybele

Don't worry about Trump. Remember,he grew up in NYC and dealing with greedy,selfish,crooked loons has been a normal  part of his daily job for all his life. He got started in the rental property business working for his father as a teenager and seeing the bribes his father had to pay just to be able to get the permits needed to run his business,so he is well-versed in dealing with crooks. The difference is now he is in the catbirds seat,and THEY have to please him.

I don't know about you,but to me,Trump just doesn't seem like the "forget and forgive" type. I strongly suspect he is having the time of his life.

How could anyone forget?  He is the New York loon.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2020, 06:15:35 am »
    He's still better than anyone out there  @LegalAmerican

@corbe

I believe that is called "Praising with faint damns".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2020, 06:17:18 am »
How could anyone forget?  He is the New York loon.

@Chosen Daughter

You mean,as opposed to being your hometown loon?

Offline Idiot

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2020, 03:08:00 pm »
@Chosen Daughter

You mean,as opposed to being your hometown loon?
888mouth

Offline bilo

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2020, 12:05:58 am »

Even better would have been to push him to accept a SCOTUS nomination.

I really wanted Cruz to be POTUS and my belief in him has grown in watching him put aside his animosity and work with Trump from the beginning of his Presidency.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2020, 12:07:35 am »

Unfortunately, I think you're right.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home