Author Topic: Juror 1261 in Roger Stone's case: Was justice undone?  (Read 716 times)

rangerrebew

Juror 1261 in Roger Stone's case: Was justice undone?
« on: February 17, 2020, 01:03:12 pm »

Juror 1261 in Roger Stone's case: Was justice undone?
By Jonathan Turley, opinion contributor — 02/15/20 10:30 AM EST

She was Juror No. 1261, and her examination by the federal court and counsel before the trial was anything but notable. And that is precisely the problem.

Juror 1261, we now know, was Tomeka Hart. Her identity would have remained publicly unknown except for a public statement she made after the Department of Justice (DOJ) rescinded its initial sentencing recommendation for Trump confidant Roger Stone. In the midst of the firestorm of allegations of political interference, Hart disclosed that she was the foreperson on the Stone jury and gave a full-throated defense of the trial prosecutors: “It pains me to see the DOJ now interfere with the hard work of the prosecutors.”

That statement led many people to Google her name, and what they found was a litany of postings not only hostile to President Trump and his administration but also specifically commenting on Stone and his arrest — before she ever appeared for jury duty.

https://thehill.com/opinion/criminal-justice/483210-juror-1261-in-roger-stones-case-was-justice-undone

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Juror 1261 in Roger Stone's case: Was justice undone?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 03:25:44 pm »
FTA (emphasis added):

In addition to her prior statements about Trump, his associates and this case, Hart is a lawyer. That only magnifies concerns that any bias on her part may have had a more pronounced influence on her fellow jurors.

@catfish1957

This quote goes to a point I was making with you yesterday, about how a single Juror can effect an unfair verdict.  Hart wasn't just a Juror, she was the Foreman of the Jury.  I've been a Foreman myself, and my job was to cobble together a decision that could be agreed upon by all 12 Jurors.  That involves persuasion.  For the Foreman to be that extremely biased is very troubling to me, I happen to think Stone probably did break the law and should be punished for it, but this revelation about the Jury throws even that into doubt.

I'll be interested to see the results of a telephonic hearing called by O'Bastard Judge Amy Jackson today.  She might be calling a mistrial.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 03:41:49 pm »
FTA (emphasis added):

@catfish1957

This quote goes to a point I was making with you yesterday, about how a single Juror can effect an unfair verdict.  Hart wasn't just a Juror, she was the Foreman of the Jury.  I've been a Foreman myself, and my job was to cobble together a decision that could be agreed upon by all 12 Jurors.  That involves persuasion.  For the Foreman to be that extremely biased is very troubling to me, I happen to think Stone probably did break the law and should be punished for it, but this revelation about the Jury throws even that into doubt.

I'll be interested to see the results of a telephonic hearing called by O'Bastard Judge Amy Jackson today.  She might be calling a mistrial.

Stone probably did break the law, but by committing perjury on a detail that had no bearing on a bogus, politically inspired case that went nowhere anyway, and by making a silly threat not even the target of the threat took seriously.

You and I both agree he should be punished - but this particular 'crime' deserves a punishment measured by weeks, not years.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 03:54:37 pm »
FTA (emphasis added):

@catfish1957

Stone's a sleazy low life who helped architect and orchestrator (with help from friends Stone and Pecker) the sleaziest primary campaigns in history in '16.  He crossed lines, I thought never ever see in American politics.    F__ him.

Why don't you have a circle jerk with him and his other friends, if so inclined.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 04:05:53 pm »
Stone's a sleazy low life who helped architect and orchestrator (with help from friends Stone and Pecker) the sleaziest primary campaigns in history in '16.  He crossed lines, I thought never ever see in American politics.    F__ him.

Why don't you have a circle jerk with him and his other friends, if so inclined.

Why would I want to have a circle jerk with Roger Stone?  I think he's skeezy, too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 04:13:37 pm »
Why would I want to have a circle jerk with Roger Stone?  I think he's skeezy, too.

Frankly I don't understand your strange need to insult everyone who disagrees with you on this @catfish1957. Might it not be possible that we're concerned with the corruption of the legal system and not with Stone's personal well being?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 04:22:31 pm »
Frankly I don't understand your strange need to insult everyone who disagrees with you on this @catfish1957. Might it not be possible that we're concerned with the corruption of the legal system and not with Stone's personal well being?

For me to be insulted, I would first have to respect the opinion.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2020, 04:33:43 pm »
Here’s a thought. Maybe the American idea is that free citizens are free to enjoy life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, whether in life their choices conform to other citizens’ choices or not.

Sure, Roger Stone marches to a different drummer in his life style. But, as long as he supports the Right and is treated fairly and equally by law, all the rest is none of my business.