Author Topic: Today's Toons 2/17/20  (Read 5482 times)

Offline pookie18

Today's Toons 2/17/20
« on: February 17, 2020, 11:12:50 am »

Click below for Tony's toons:

Click below for more:

Click below for related story:

Click for related audio:

Click right here for image

This Thread Brought To You By The Letter T:

(Thank you, cartoonist Rex May)

In Case You Missed It Dept.:

Chief Justice John Roberts oversaw the Senate impeachment trial whose conclusion could lead to healing. Hopefully, the House Democrats are completing the five stages of grief. They are grief, anger, denial, impeachment, and finally acceptance of the results of the 2016 election.

CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin pointed out to CNN viewers that all the members of the Trump impeachment legal defense team were white people. It's an alarm that needed sounding. Looking at them, you realized that any moment a Democratic presidential debate could've broken out.

Hunter Biden agreed to obey a court order and pay child support to a former Washington D.C. stripper he impregnated. The kid's a real chip off the old block. The baby boy is only a year and a half old, he's sitting on the board of Gerber's and already more of an expert on gas than his father.

Hillary Clinton attended the Sundance Film Festival and personally supervised the screening of her documentary Hillary. Her onstage introduction of the movie was a little chilly. Hillary can't order a projectionist to kill the lights without you wondering how much dirt the lights had on Hillary.

The New York Times released its Democratic presidential candidate endorsement on the week before the Iowa caucuses. It was a foregone conclusion. The Times had no choice but to endorse Amy Klobuchar and Liz Warren after McGovern and Mondale missed the filing deadline.

Graceland's website posted Elvis's family tree showing great-great-great grandmother Nancy Burdine was Jewish, and descending from her unbroken matrilineal line made him Jewish. Last week, there finally appeared solid evidence Elvis is indeed dead. He was registered to vote in Chicago.

House Democrats charged into the Senate to try to convict Trump and then Trump's lawyers arrived like the cavalry with the fate of the nation on the line. Everyone played their part to the hilt. My generation was raised watching Civil War movies, I never thought we'd get to live in one.

President Trump delivers his State of the Union to Congress in the Capitol tonight. Nerves are still raw from the 51-49 Senate vote to wrap up the impeachment trial Friday. We approached Super Bowl weekend with half of the country rooting for the 49ers and the other half cheering for the 51ers.

Elizabeth Warren posted a plan holding social media companies criminally responsible for the spreading of disinformation about presidential candidates. Is she turning herself in? I guess under Liz's plan, anybody claiming to be Cherokee but isn't Cherokee could get thirty days in Facebook Jail.

President Trump was interviewed by Sean Hannity before the Super Bowl Sunday and said he really enjoyed playing golf at Mar-a-Lago after Friday's victory in the Senate. Actually Trump is a pretty good golfer, his handicap is Congress. I wonder how many strokes he gave them on Friday.

Hillary Clinton was reported signaling her interest in being named vice president on the Democratic ticket. It'd keep the comedy going. Just on the rumor that Joe Biden would select Hillary to be his vice president, already the coroner is getting a head start on the paperwork.

President Trump took a victory lap at the National Prayer Breakfast and a White House gathering of Republican lawmakers that stood by him during impeachment. The Democrats have now moved on to the next question. Was Nancy Pelosi anywhere near the paper ballots in Iowa?

-- Argus Hamilton

Online Polly Ticks

Re: Today's Toons 2/17/20
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 11:56:51 am »
Thanks, Pookie!
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline pookie18

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 12:06:58 pm »
Thanks, Pookie!

You're welcome, Polly Ticks!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 04:00:32 pm »
Thanks for the Monday-morning cartoons and Argus, Pookie!!!!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline pookie18

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 04:07:51 pm »
Thanks for the Monday-morning cartoons and Argus, Pookie!!!!

My pleasure, CL!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 04:21:20 pm »
Thanks, pookie!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline pookie18

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 04:37:54 pm »
Thanks, pookie!

You're welcome, as always, Smokin Joe!

Offline ricebug

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2020, 05:52:28 pm »
G'day, Pookie!!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2020, 05:53:52 pm »

Offline conservativevoter

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2020, 09:06:01 pm »
It is soooo good  to be able to read Pookie's toons!  God Bless America!   :patriot:

Offline pookie18

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2020, 09:13:28 pm »
It is soooo good  to be able to read Pookie's toons!  God Bless America!   :patriot:

Glad you like both the toons & America!! ;-)

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2020, 07:59:53 am »
Noticed one of the comic had a H/T to one of our own here at TBR... Hopalong Ginsburg

Thanks Pookie !
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline pookie18

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2020, 11:23:36 am »
Noticed one of the comic had a H/T to one of our own here at TBR... Hopalong Ginsburg

Thanks Pookie !

My pleasure, as ever, Sighlass!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2020, 02:29:48 pm »

Thanks Pookie !

@Hopalong Ginsberg gets around.... :tongue2:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hopalong Ginsberg

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2020, 02:35:17 pm »
@Hopalong Ginsberg gets around.... :tongue2:

One of my daily Facebook jokes that Mike Harris picked up - very flattering.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2020, 02:44:08 pm »
One of my daily Facebook jokes that Mike Harris picked up - very flattering.

Yes, I saw it on Bookface, too, and you post more than one funny a day.  Only Argus is more prolific.
I will NOT comply.

Offline verga

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2020, 04:08:37 pm »
Sorry I am a day late Pookie, Nice Job.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline pookie18

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2020, 04:11:05 pm »
Sorry I am a day late Pookie, Nice Job.

Thanks, Verga!